X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christina Aguilera - Back To Basics

Artist: Christina Aguilera
    Album: Back to Basics
    Official Release date: 14/08/06 (UK)15/08/06 (US)
    RCA Records

Official Tracklist!

Side A
    01 Intro (Back To Basics) - 01:47
    02 Makes Me Wanna Pray - 04:10
    03 Back In The Day - 04:13
    04 Ain't No Other Man - 03:49
    05 Understand - 03:46
    06 Slow Down Baby - 03:27
    07 Oh Mother - 03:45
    08 F.U.S.S. (Interlude) - 02:21
    09 On Our Way - 03:37
    10 Without You - 03:57
    11 Still Dirrty - 03:46
    12 Here To Stay - 03:19
    13 Thank You (Dedication To Fans) - 04:59

Side B
    01 Enter The Circus - 01:42
    02 Welcome - 02:42
    03 Candyman - 03:14
    04 Nasty Naughty Boy - 04:45
    05 I Got Trouble - 03:42
    06 Hurt - 04:03
    07 Mercy On Me - 04:32
    08 Save Me From Myself - 03:13
    09 The Right Man - 03:52
    10 Back To Basics (VIDEO) - 10:07

Source: http://xtinaweb.org/
    *The above tracklist appears to be genuine, although I guess the UK version may have some minor changes.

Track Details:

Track Details are as follows:

Back to Basics Intro Confirmed Track
    Back to Basics begins with a spooky 1920s carnival fantasia, with producer Linda Perry playing a carnival barker promising thrills and chills: "Welcome to the greatest show ... greatest show on earth!" Then the orchestra sweeps into an Abbey Road-esque chord progression as Aguilera's alto soars. Source: http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/153200 ... lines=true

I Got trouble Confirmed Track
    The album next reveals a throwback hip-hop-soul sound that uses a string quartet, horns and jury-rigged recording techniques to evoke a vintage sound and sensibility. To attain the scratchy blues sound in "I Got Trouble," producers used a bass-drum mic with fabric muffling it, and had Aguilera record the vocal when she had a cold. Source: http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/153200 ... lines=true

Save Me From Myself Confirmed Track
    Produced by: Linda Perry
    Aguilera drank whiskey and recorded up close on the mic, "with no ad-libs, no nothing," in order to produce a raw feel for this track. The song is dedicated to her husband Jordan.

Aint No Other Man Confirmed Track
    Produced by: DJ Premier
    To be premiered on the MTV movie awards on June 8th, this track has a whopping 127bpm (beats per minute) and has been confirmed as the first single to be taken from Back to Basics, for release on July 31st (HMV).

Candyman Confirmed Track
    Aguilera describes this track as the happiest, fun song on the album. Its an uptempo 50's inspired track, rumoured to sample Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.

Back in the Day Confirmed Track
    Produced by: DJ Premier
    At 100bpm this is likely to be the 2nd fastest track on the album. It is a homage to soul artists from "back in the day".

Nasty Naughty Boy Confirmed Track
    Nasty Naughty Boy is a funky track with a 20s burlesque feel. Aguilera sings 'Now you better give me a taste / Put your icing on my cake' (From GQ Magazine)

Here to Stay Confirmed Track (wikipedia)
    For a song currently being using in Pepsi commercials, this track is suprisingly good and has a similar feel to Beyonces track 'Crazy in Love'.

Still Dirrty (Featuring Nas) Confirmed Track
    Produced by: Unknown
    On this track Aguilera shows she's 'still got the nasty in me/ Still got that dirty degree/ Still got that freak in me'. Its in effect 'Dirrty' Part two but with a completely different sound.

Understanding Confirmed Track
    Produced by: Kwamé
    It is described as a ballad reminiscent of old blues songs.

16. The Right Man Confirmed Track
    Produced by: Linda perry
    No Information is currently available about this track.

Mercy on Me Confirmed Track
    Produced by Linda Perry
    No Information is currently available about this track.

22. Thank You Confirmed Track
    Produced by: DJ Premier. It "features Genie In A Bottle A Capella turned into a scratch intro opera as the intro to the actual song". It features fans voice mail messages.

Artist: Christina Aguilera
    Song: "Ain't No Other Man"
    Official Release Date: 31/07/06 (UK)
    Single Debut: MTV Movie Awards, June 8th
    label: RCA
    Director(s): Bryan Barber

'Aint No Other Man' has leaked onto the Internet. The song is both vocally stunning and lyrically inspiring. It has elements of both old soul classics while still managing to be modern, sleek and stylish. The video mixes elements from both the '30s swing era and the current day.

Lyrics:
    Verse 1:
    I could feel it from the start
    Couldn't stand to be apart
    Something 'bout ya caught my eye
    Something moved me deep inside
    Don't know what ya did boy but you had it
    And I've been hooked ever since
    Told my mother, my brother, my sister and my fans
    Told the others, my lovers, both past and present tense
    That every time i see you everything starts making sense

Do your thang honey!

Chorus:
    Ain't no other man that can stand up next to you
    Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do
    You're the kinda guy a girl finds in a blue moon
    you got soul, you got class, you got style, shake ya bad ass
    Ain't no other man, it's true, (alright), ain't no other man but you!

Verse 2:
    Never thought i'd be allright..no no no
    til you came and changed my life...yeah yeah yeah!
    what was cloudy now is clear yeah yeah!
    you're the light that i needed, yeahhhh! uh!
    you got what i want boy and i want it!
    so keep on giving it up!!!!!
    so tell your mother, your brother, your sister, and your friends
    tell the others, your lovers, better not be present tense
    cause i want everyone to know that you are mine and NO ONE ELSE'S!!!!!! Oh ohh AHHH!

(Chorus)

Dance break:
    Ain't no other, ain't ain't no other other
    Ain't no other, ain't ain't no other lover!
    Ain't no other, I I I need no other
    Ain't no other man but you!!! Oh!

Bridge:
    You are there when i'm a mess
    Talk me down from every ledge
    Give me strength, boy, you're the best!
    You're the only one who's ever passed every testtttttttt!!!!!!

(Chorus)

*Edited from original content*

Shes busy with marriage. Her new album is set to be released early 2006, I guess!!!
    i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Comment

It's not been *that* long without Christina releases.

She released 7 singles between October 2002 and October 2004 give the girl some rest.
      Uk the only way

Comment

I heard that she's ruined "A Song For You", but that's not for her album, is it?
        don't hate me because I'm handsome.

Comment

for my info
          I've heard she's finished her upcoming album and reading a script for a movie
          Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to Christina's comeback. I absolutely loved the five songs she released from Stripped, and still think for me they're probably the best consecutive releases ever, cause i loved everyone of the songs. They each had a strong message, were a bit different and had a great video.

Comment

Going off topic in my own thread, but also wondering when Dido's gonna release something new?

Comment

Originally posted by abscense
                Going off topic in my own thread, but also wondering when Dido's gonna release something new?
                She is rumoured to be one of the songwriters on Aguilera´s next album, but nothing about her own new album yet.

Comment

im glad she takes the time 2 get the music right because she going in a different musical direction. Shes going along the blues/soul route which will be very interesting 2 hear from her.

Comment

I think even the most hardened cynics will admit that 'Stripped' was a great pop album. It's far better than anything her contemporaries have produced. It would be cool if this release was as good as 'Stripped' but that might be a bit too much to ask.
                    Decaying yourself with
                    All the love you won't give
                    Killing yourself about the way
                    You don't live now

Comment

Originally posted by jaykavana
                      I think even the most hardened cynics will admit that 'Stripped' was a great pop album. It's far better than anything her contemporaries have produced. It would be cool if this release was as good as 'Stripped' but that might be a bit too much to ask.
                      This raving reviews only happend because people tend to compare her to people of her level, like Britney, J-Lo, etc... I don´t think anyone has to be a cynic to say Stripped wasn´t anything special, it´s just a compilation of different styles songs created by various highprofiled producers and songwriters, having Christina as a vocalist only.

Comment

Singers are aloud to have breaks you know, she is gonna get married soon. so she will need time of to organise stuff etc.
                        Sweet Suzie Q, She Was A Rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by joao
                          I don´t think anyone has to be a cynic to say Stripped wasn´t anything special, it´s just a compilation of different styles songs created by various highprofiled producers and songwriters, having Christina as a vocalist only.
                          Christina did a lot of the writing on 'Stripped' herself and I really don't think the album would've had such an authentic feel if Ms. Aguilera hadn't brought something to the table herself.

Anyway, if the music continues to be of such high quality, I don't care whether it's Christina or some bigwig producers/record bosses that have the creative control.

I mean, this year's equivalent to 'Stripped' would probably be Kelly Clarkson's 'Breakaway'. Again, Kelly collaborated with a broad spectrum of writers & producers and, even though 'Breakaway' is one of my albums of the year, I still don't think it's anyway near as consistently strong as Christina's sophomore effort.
                          Decaying yourself with
                          All the love you won't give
                          Killing yourself about the way
                          You don't live now

Comment

According to HMV.co.uk, Christina Aguilera has finally decided on the date to release her 3rd album. The album is due out in the UK on April 3rd and on April 4th in the US. A single should be premiering very soon.
                            MySpace

Comment

Excellent news

I've heard all these rumours that she's going for a bluesy/jazz kinda feel. Anyway, Christina's a great artist and she's been away for a long time now, i'm really hoping for great things.

Comment

This is really good news!! Can't wait!!

Comment

God I've been waiting so long for this! "Stripped" is my alltime favourite album so this is really anticipated by me!

Comment

Even though I think that April seems far away, but it's actually not. It's sad. YAY! Just in time for my birthday! I like how Christina's doing with the Xtina thing and just going on a classier old skool R&B-ish album. I just hope the songs sound great and not show her trying too hard to be neo-soul or something because her voice is already soulful enough. I hope the album's quality too. It probably will be, and it'll probably be a bit more focused than "Stripped" because I don't think it's going to try to do too many crazy things at one time. I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by honeystacia
                                      According to HMV.co.uk, Christina Aguilera has finally decided on the date to release her 3rd album. The album is due out in the UK on April 3rd and on April 4th in the US. A single should be premiering very soon.
                                      I´m not sure if HMV info is right. They always seem to put aleatory dates for artists who don´t release albums for a long time.

Comment

April 3rd was also on a radio station's site a few days before HMV's, so more than one place has that as the date. I think it's a fairly likely date; if anything a little later than expected.

The first single is rumoured to be the 127 BPM track produced by DJ Premier, which doesn't have a name yet.. Should be coming out either this month or next hopefully.

Comment

aww great this is excellent news, hopefully it will be released then. get the album in time 4 my bday as well, hehe.
                                          Tell Your Wasted Time....

Comment

I Wrote This For Another Board, But Decided to Transfer it over to Here. Enjoy.

Well Here is What We Know about the New Album So Far

- Spring Release 2006
                                            - Tenative Release Date - April 3rd (UK)

Working With

-DJ Premier Track Title's Include "Back In The Day", "Thank You". DJ Premier is said to have done 5 Track's for The Album. "Thank You" Will Include a 'scratch version' of GIAB as it's opener and also Messages from Fans about what Christina's Music Means to them (there was a Number to call and leave a Message Recording)

Christina wants *untitled* to be the 1st single. It's produced by DJ Premier & has 127 beats a minute. Christina will leak it.

(For Comparison, This is Faster/more bpm than Destiny's Child's Lose My Breath)

Christina wants 2nd/3rd single to be a song she did with DJP.

-Rapper Turned Producer 'Kwame' Track Called "Understanding" Quote From Kwame : "It's very different, very avant-garde. It reminds you of old blues. It's more or less a ballad, live strings, live band."

Linda Perry's Done 5 Track's For The Album. "Saving Me From Myself (X-Tina also confirmed Title in Interview) This Song has a co-writer Bill Bottrell and is Inspired by New Husband Jordy. Other Title's Are; 'Mercy On Me', 'Nasty Naughty Boy (I'm not Kidding with that one), 'The Right Man' and 'Candyman'. These songs where Registered at the ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) http://www.ascap.com/index.html which Linda herself Belong's Too.

Bill Bottrell's Discography is Here and he Has Worked with some Heavy Hitters (Madonna, Michael Jackson) on some of their biggest work. http://www.billbottrell.com/disc.html

No Guarantee All These Song's Are Gonna end up on the Record, But this is what we know so Far.

So This Is The List of Contender's For Christina's New Album.

Untitled 1st Single - DJ Premier
                                            Thank You - DJ Premier
                                            Back In The Day - DJ Premier
                                            Understanding - Kwame
                                            Saving Me From Myself - Linda Perry, Bill Bottrell
                                            Mercy On Me - Linda Perry
                                            Nasty Naughty Boy - Linda Perry
                                            The Right Man - Linda Perry
                                            Candyman - Linda Perry

Also, DJ Premier was Interviewed in December's Remix Magazine. Here Is What He said about working with Christina

A Surprise Phone Call

For Premier fans, 2006 promises to be huge. Perhaps the biggest, most unforeseen hookup is between Premier and a certain pop princess. In an unusual turn of events, he has had several fruitful recording sessions with—yes, this is for real—Christina Aguilera. “When her agent called and said she was looking for some production from me, I was like ‘Wow, that’s strange,” Premier (aka Chris Martin) admits. But he was up for a challenge to do something out of his normal hip-hop combat zone. Aguilera sent Premier two “inspiration CDs” with some old favorite soul tracks by artists such as Nina Simone, and with that direction, Premier worked on some ideas. Aguilera chose five to work on for her as-yet-untitled album due in 2006. “Although the five songs came out quickly, the process wasn’t without its challenges.

Working on a bridge—or B section—for a song, Aguilera insisted on changing a part. “She was like, ‘in the changeup, take the bass out,’ ” Premier says, “And I was like, ‘Nah, it’s banging right there because of what you’re singing.’ And she was like ‘Nope, I don’t want it there’” It didn’t help Aguilera’s mood that she was dealing with some disagreements with her label. “I’m no strange to that; label people can be out of their minds sometimes,” Premier says, “But she was already pissed off about that, so she delivered that same attitude to me. So I am who I am, and I command a certain way of being dealt with, plus I’m so used to having my way when I do my records because I’m a producer—I have a good eat. So I pulled her aside and I was like ‘We have to compromise.’ So I did something where I copped it and put echo on that section. And she was like, ‘That’s hot.’”

But because Aguilera came up in the music industry as a teen and her fair share of bad working relationships, it took some time for Premier to gain her trust. “And I don’t blame her,” Premier says “She told me she’s worked with other producers where the vibe was really, really, ty. But after the first two days of having a lot of disagreeing with each other, we were supercool. We really hit it off.”

All subsequent debates were in good humor. “Another reason we butt heads is because when she does her vocal she’s like ‘Let me do another one,’” Premier reveals
                                            ”It could be just one word, and she’s like ‘Let me fix the of.’ And I’m like ‘No it’s good! It’s right!’ And she’s like ‘No! Can’t you hear it? It’s not clear.’ It’s back and forth, but at the end of the day, the vocals are tight.”

And despite the length discography of albums that he’s crafted, Premier even learned a little something about pop arranging from Aguilera. Working for so long on hip-hop, Premier never had to write a B section for a track before. “I’m used to that with any MC, from LL Cool J to Jay-Z on down,” he says. “But [Aguilera] likes to change key and all that other stuff before it gets to the hook so [the first time] I was like, ‘ I gotta come up with something.’ But now when she asks for a B section, I totally get it”

Working with Aguilera may not be something Premier could have predicted.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenX
                                              April 3rd was also on a radio station's site a few days before HMV's, so more than one place has that as the date. I think it's a fairly likely date; if anything a little later than expected.

The first single is rumoured to be the 127 BPM track produced by DJ Premier, which doesn't have a name yet.. Should be coming out either this month or next hopefully.
                                              127 BPM? Is that more then Dirrty had???

Well, I think it´s strange that radio stations and HMV got the news first then there was an official announcement, where would they get that news?

Comment

Why DJ Premier = Chris Martin????

No news about the rumoured song she co-wrote with Dido?

Comment

I hated everything fom her first album but loved her Stripped album.

Hope she uses the same formula from that album
                                                  LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Working...
                                                  X