Nelly Furtado - Loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benjamin

This still bops. I always thought this song was so underrated.
    I agree, the beat is infectious. I have the 12'' single, love it!

I always believed Loose was more Timbaland than Furtado. Not that Loose didn't have her stamp on it, but already by album 2 her restlessness and versatility as an artist were obvious, so I'm glad she didn't [s:3s9o8e40]suck up to whomever it was necessary to stay relevant[/s:3s9o8e40] repeat herself after that. She still makes good music - I'd love her to have a big hit again obviously, but it's perfectly ok if she won't.

Comment

• This has to be one of the most badly aged Timbaland albums ever. Promiscuous is still a tune though. I used to sit through the whole video waiting for my JT cameo
      M08T10

Comment

• Re: Nelly Furtado - Loose

Listening to 'Loose' now. How on earth wasn't 'Wait For You' a single?!
        And why was 'Somebody To Love' only a bonus track?

Still a great record IMO. I just hate she released the weakest track on the album ('Do It') as the final single instead of WFY or 'Showtime'.
        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• I still love this record. What a smash after smash era!

Comment

• Still amazing.

It's funny that Nelly got some criticism at the time of the start of this album's promotional campaign for supposedly sacrificing her artistry when its sound was innovative for its time and there's much about the record that makes it recognisable as a Nelly Furtado record. I don't think she sold out at all.

Comment

• I will always love the lyrics on Afraid. Anybody that has experienced self doubt can relate to it.

Showtime is one of her best album tracks and relevant to anyone pursuing a non-standard relationship, whether it be same sex or an age gap or different religion.

All Good Things is my personal fave single/video from her. I still remember coming across the video on TV for the first time and instantly downloading the song once it ended. Powerful memories!

Comment

• This is her worst album by far.

Comment

• Loved this song *so* much back then:

"Lift up your head
                  Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                    This is her worst album by far.
                    Reported!!!! No one needs such negativity in life
                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post

Reported!!!! No one needs such negativity in life
                      It’s not negativity. It’s called taste

Whoa Nelly, Folklore, Spirit Indestructible, The Ride > This

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
                        Re: Nelly Furtado - Loose

Listening to 'Loose' now. How on earth wasn't 'Wait For You' a single?!
                        And why was 'Somebody To Love' only a bonus track?

Still a great record IMO. I just hate she released the weakest track on the album ('Do It') as the final single instead of WFY or 'Showtime'.
                        I rarely listen to Loose but it will always remain one of the most important records of my adolescence. So many great memories.

Somebody To Love is the only terrible song IMO. I have always loved Do It! I was more surprised that Afraid was not released as a single.
                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

This album was ace! Very commercialized but all singles were great and some album tracks too. Deserved the success it received.
                          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

This album was ace! Very commercialized but all singles were great and some album tracks too. Deserved the success it received.

Comment

• I will always love this album. This was the album of my adolescence. I had so many memories of this album. The era itself was so iconic with back-to-back hits. Say It Right, All Good Things, Maneater and Promiscuous are still bangers. It's a shame her collaboration with Justin Timberlake called 'Crowd Control' was not released at all. I was so hyped with that back in the day. I was hoping it was going to be included on the reissue of Loose.
                              DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

Working...
                              X