Allure - Chapter III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allure - Chapter III

I couldn't actually find a topic for this album, only for the lead singles, so here we are

Code:
    1. Intro
    2. Hate to Love You
    3. Relax
    4. Let Him Go
    5. Long last Love
    6. I Think I'm In Love
    7. Sitting At Home
    8. Bittersweet
    9. Just Can't Stay Here
    10. Uh-Oh
    11. I Watch Ya
    12. Frustratin'
    13. Gospel Interlude
    14. Stay
    15. I Think I'm in Love
    16. I Feel So
    I picked this up today and really like it so far, anyone else heard this?

Stevo

Hey that album looks so much better! I really wish I didn't spend so much money getting the import now. :evil:

I think "Frustratin'", "Stay", "Hate 2 Luv Ya" and "I Think I'm In Love" are the best songs, but its a good album overall IMO.

I actually think its better than their debut, though not quite as good as their second album "Sunny Days".
    "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

I've got it on a whim because I never actually heard an Allure song before!

It's a really, really good album actually. It's a shame there's no promotion or anything for it at the moment (although there is an interview on BBC 1 teletext). I'm really impressed by them, I might have to get their first two albums as well!

Track 16 also has a bonus track "I Never Know" and remix after it!
      "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

Actually the copy I have has a different track listing to that:

1. Intro
        2. I Think I'm In Love-Feat. Joe Budden [Remix]
        3. Hate 2 Luv U
        4. You Are The Man [UK Exclusive]
        5. Uh Oh-Feat. Elephant Man
        6. I Watch Ya
        7. Can't Stay Here With You
        8. I Feel So-Feat. Ron Artest
        9. Relax And Unwind
        10. Bitter Sweet
        11. Let Em Go
        12. Long Lost Love-Feat. Braska
        13. Sitting At Home
        14. Frustration
        15. Gospel Interlude
        16. Stay
        17. I Think I'm In Love [Original Version] [Hidden Track]
        18. Hate 2 Luv U [Dubaholics Remix] [Hidden Track]
        I presume track #17 is the original version of "I Think I'm In Love" - it's without the Joe Budden rap anyays and the remix of "Hate 2 Luv U" is a dance remix, so I presume it's the Dubaholics Remix!
        "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

Originally posted by topopMAC1
          It's a shame there's no promotion or anything for it at the moment (although there is an interview on BBC 1 teletext).
          Actually I was just thinking today that the promotion has been superb - much better than I expected. There have been printed adverts taken out in all the major UK urban music magazines and there have been interviews wtih them in Blues & Soul and Touch. To be fair the record company they've actually done quite a good job with promo, it's just the radio stations that haven't really been giving much support to the new material.

Comment

http://www.lightyear.com/music/rnb/allure/index.htm

^^You can view the video for "Uh Oh" there... I've never seen it before!

Is there a video for "Hate 2 Luv U"? Apparently the "I Think I'm In Love [Remix]" with Joe Budden was released as a single too...

Comment

Originally posted by StevieFM
              Originally posted by topopMAC1
              It's a shame there's no promotion or anything for it at the moment (although there is an interview on BBC 1 teletext).
              Actually I was just thinking today that the promotion has been superb - much better than I expected. There have been printed adverts taken out in all the major UK urban music magazines and there have been interviews wtih them in Blues & Soul and Touch. To be fair the record company they've actually done quite a good job with promo, it's just the radio stations that haven't really been giving much support to the new material.
              Oh really?! I haven't seen them, will have to check them out... radio stations and the music channels have ignored the single completely though... which is a shame. They're on NiceTunes in the UK - the same label which bought the rights to TQ's last album, "Listen".

Comment

I still haven't heard any of the singles from it, I've heard the track "I Watch Ya" though and thought it was pretty average.

"All Cried Out" was such a beautiful song I thought, and I liked "Sunny Days" too.

Incidentally, it's not the same Allure who currently features on the Tiesto track out this week is it?
                1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

Re: Allure - Chapter III

I couldn't actually find a topic for this album, only for the lead singles, so here we are

Code:
                  1. Intro
                  2. Hate to Love You
                  3. Relax
                  4. Let Him Go
                  5. Long last Love
                  6. I Think I'm In Love
                  7. Sitting At Home
                  8. Bittersweet
                  9. Just Can't Stay Here
                  10. Uh-Oh
                  11. I Watch Ya
                  12. Frustratin'
                  13. Gospel Interlude
                  14. Stay
                  15. I Think I'm in Love
                  16. I Feel So
                  pickeId this up today and really like it so far, anyone else heard this?

Stevo
                  i can't find this cd anywhere and i live in london!
                  hmv said it has not been released yet!
                  u must have the old import version or is it a promo ,i,m confused?
                  love
                  rhondaxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  rhonda!

Comment

I got my version which I'm pretty sure is the official UK one from HMV in Edinburgh, maybe London's sold out of it!

Comment

hi i got one today from hmv in oxford street [lol]
                      nice cd not bad at all!
                      love
                      rhonda
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      rhonda!

Comment

Can't believe it has a UK release !!!! This was released in 2004 in the USA... It's strange cause they are on an independent label... and usually there is no oversea releases... exept for BIG indie labels (TVT, Sanctuary, Hollywood...).
                        The UK cover is way better than the US cover, which is not difficult... as the original cover was ugly. Anyway... is this UK release goes with promotion and a - at least radio - single ?
                        Brandy|Tha'Rayne|Yummy|Blaque|Monica|702|Canela|Xscape|Nicole|Whitney|Rhona|Mariah|Tamar|Tamia|Debelah|Lil'Mo|Shanice|Shola|Tracie...

Comment

I don't know if I have to make a nu post for it,

But it seems like the ladies are back with new stuff : "The other side" and " What goes around" !!! I hope they will release a new album !!!!!!!!!!!!I love them!!!!

Comment

Fantastic, I'd love another Allure album - please kepe us updated if you have any more info

Comment

Fantastic, I'd love another Allure album - please kepe us updated if you have any more info
                              Ditto.

Allure are one of my favourite R&B groups, and vocally they're amazing. "Sunny Days" and "Chapter III" were so under-rated, it's almost sickening.

"Frustration" was one of my favourite songs of 2004.
                              "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Realled loved Chapter III, never really got into them before, good news about new material.
                                http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/page ... 6214236626

Comment

I'm listening to this for the first time in like a decade... So many old memories, ugh. Frustration still sounds fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                  X