X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truthless
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy
    This was a standout on the album for me, only We Belong Together and Stay The Night were better.
    Sorry for the Thread in the retro section . I couldn't find this Thread.^^

Anyways..

The song is amazing. I really think it's one of her best songs and a standout track on The Emancipation of Mimi.

It's on repeat these days .

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    This was a standout on the album for me, only We Belong Together and Stay The Night were better.

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    It's my number 2 Mariah song of all time. It was songs like this that made me a diehard fan. The message, the vocal, the production make this song epic on every listen. It might sound lame but she almost bridges the gap between heaven and earth by the time this song ends for me. Chills every time. Never gets old. Perfect end to the album.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Is this anybody else's favourite Mariah song of all time?

Leave a comment:

• ali3_dat
    replied
    Originally posted by Blizzy
    Possibly like 20k sales that would be enough for BBHot100???
    im sorry but i think it's only going to bubble under, the song is #86 on itunes now... it's not going to beat it's original peak #104

i say this because i remember when danity kane's "welcome to the dollhouse" cd came out and lights out made #33 on itunes and started to drop and the final peak was #101, FLAB only made #49

Hot 100 = 110-118... probaly

Leave a comment:

• lawtonkeys
    replied
    Originally posted by ali3_dat
    Originally posted by lawtonkeys
    I love this song but her perfomance on American Idol was awful.
    why do you say that
    It just was. She sounded hoarse and everything.

Leave a comment:

• Blizzy
    replied
    Possibly like 20k sales that would be enough for BBHot100???

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    [quote=ali3_dat]
    Originally posted by "firefly_86":pck1mtwz
    They should have pushed this instead of Say Something, I bet it would have been much bigger. It was already climbing up the R&B chart (which Say Something didn't even make an impact upon) with minimal promotion. But I guess they were hell bent on releasing SS as a single, after it had already been pushed aside in favour of It's Like That and Shake It Off.
    say somethin was such a bad song, truly one of mariah's worst single's if not the worst, i agree they shoulda worked on this rather than ss[/quote:pck1mtwz]

:-? I disagree...I really like Say Somethin'...and I think either song (this or FLAB) would've done a lot better had they not been the 5th/6th single (not counting "Mine Again" or "So Lonely") from an album that had already sold well over 5 million copies (therefore little motivation for people to download the song)

any rate...sadly, looks like FLAB is already dropping like a rock on iTunes...damn :(

iTunes US = No. 63

Leave a comment:

• tada
    replied
    i love this song as well, it was quite success on the Ht R'n'B/Hip-Hop chart but the downloads used to be almost none-exist, that was during the time of "Say Somethin" and everybody was focused on that single

Leave a comment:

• ali3_dat
    replied
    Originally posted by lawtonkeys
    why do you say that

Leave a comment:

• ali3_dat
    replied
    Originally posted by firefly_86
    They should have pushed this instead of Say Something, I bet it would have been much bigger. It was already climbing up the R&B chart (which Say Something didn't even make an impact upon) with minimal promotion. But I guess they were hell bent on releasing SS as a single, after it had already been pushed aside in favour of It's Like That and Shake It Off.
    say somethin was such a bad song, truly one of mariah's worst single's if not the worst, i agree they shoulda worked on this rather than ss

Leave a comment:

• lawtonkeys
    replied

Leave a comment:

• volver
    replied
    I remember there was a rumor that she was gonna shoot a video in NYC. And I LOVE the single cover

Leave a comment:

• firefly_86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ali3_dat
    replied
    Originally posted by Gringo
    this song is so great and shoulld've been a single

in terms of mariahs image this might have made her look less suprficial
    it was a single, airplay single

in 2006

#104 (hot 100)
    #19 (U.S. R&B)

Leave a comment:

• Gringo
    replied
    this song is so great and shoulld've been a single

in terms of mariahs image this might have made her look less suprficial

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    I love this song, it should have got a proper release with video and everything.

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied
    I'm actually suprised more Mariah fans aren't jumping on this...a chance to get Mariah another Top 40 hit, although that unfortunately seems impossible at the slow rate the song is climbing on iTunes

...currently at No. 49...

I think it'd be quite funny for an Emancipation single to chart on Billboard the same week E=MC2 hits stores

Leave a comment:

• ali3_dat
    replied
    Originally posted by Blizzy
    Originally posted by phoenix98
    whew...DAMN it was hard finding this thread!

any rate...with the surge of downloads thanks to Idol Gives Back, looks like FLAB has a pretty good chance of finally debuting on the Billboard Hot 100 after "Bubbling Under" at No. 104 upon its initial release

iTunes US:

No. 50 Fly Like A Bird (Idol Gives Back Performance)

unless some rule keeps it from doing so...?
    I so superhard hope it can chart
    who cares if it can chart, it's an awsome song but she has a whole new album now

Leave a comment:

• Blizzy
    replied
    Originally posted by phoenix98

any rate...with the surge of downloads thanks to Idol Gives Back, looks like FLAB has a pretty good chance of finally debuting on the Billboard Hot 100 after "Bubbling Under" at No. 104 upon its initial release

iTunes US:

I so superhard hope it can chart

Leave a comment:

• Star
    replied
    Originally posted by col89
    Originally posted by crazyman324

Still can't stop laughing at the FLAB joke though
    Not just me then?
    Lol no I couldn't stop laughing when I first heard it, too good to be a coincidence
    LMAO

Leave a comment:

• crystalphoenix
    replied

iTunes US:

Leave a comment:

• stardust
    replied
    good lord! Can't she just shut up and go away already.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    Originally posted by crazyman324

Not just me then?
    Lol no I couldn't stop laughing when I first heard it, too good to be a coincidence

Leave a comment:

• crazyman324
    replied

Not just me then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X