Michelle Williams - Unexpected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelle Williams - Unexpected

Okay I searched for a topic just in case, but theres nothing. So i'm starting the official topic for Michelle's album, Seeing as she seems to be forgotten already :(

I don't have any news yet, But I hear they're putting Let's Stay Together on it?
    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Thats cause pple dont really care about her.

Comment

That's not true. That's the same for any other artist. Some people like 'em and some don't. I love Michelle, she has a unique voice and the all around quality of style and respect for herself to get her far.

She's not only popular to a certain crowd. She has R&B, Soul, Gospel, and Pop. Broadway. She recently added Half & Half to that list.

Comment

Yep! Michelle is just as important to me as Beyonce & Kelly

I'm really interested to hear her first R&B album... I wonder how it will fare against Kelly & Beyonce's new efforts... also to see how she takes on R&B herself.

Comment

Did you see Michelle on the sitcom Half and Half, I think she found her calling. Out of Beyonce and Kelly, Michelle is the one who is a natural at acting. She shouldn't be singing though....
          Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
          2. Ugly Betty
          3. Six Degrees

Comment

I haven't seen it

Comment

uhh Michelle is still dragging on a solo career!??

Comment

Originally posted by Hype
                I haven't seen it
                She played a cut-throat record executive and an old competitive figure of Mona's. I loved her character. Imagine Kai, but a bit nicer, and not so sassy.

I love Kai, so I loved Michelle's character, Naomi.

Yes, she's still "dragging" on her solo career. She will continue to make money, and be a success regardless of the crowd that doesn't like her.

If you don't like her, that's your choice, but you're a silent promoter for her. Her name is still gracing your lips. So thank you for supporting my girl!

Comment

I love the girl......

and nothin is holding her back from being successful at mainstream...

we cant judge it as shes never done it before!

She has MORE of a chance at being successful as Ciara, JLo, Teria, Rhianna ect.... she can act, she can sing, she can dance (eventually after alot of rehearsing)

So im VERY excited to see what happns!
                  Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
                  http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Comment

Originally posted by Zuzu18
                    she can act, she can sing, she can dance (eventually after alot of rehearsing)!
                    LOL!, funny but tru, not one f up on the tour, every step was definately ON POINT. I really like Michelle, and i wish so many damn people would stop hating on her, and her acting on Half & Half is i agree better than Beyonce's, but Idunno about Kelly (she seems like the natural to me). The role she's playin, she said is hard (having to tell someone she's feelin that she has aids and all), but she's doin it really really well. I mean did you see Spencers face when she finally told him. Shes a good actress forreal IMO.
                    WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
                    All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

Michelle's my face DC girl and even without being biased I knew she'd be the best actress out of the group because there's not much to compete with so far lol - note I haven't seen the Pink Panther yet so I dunno how Beyoncé fared in that, and I haven't seen The Seat Filler either. I thought she played her part in Half&Half really well, she makes a really good comedy actress.

As for the album, I'm looking forward to it so much but I'd like to see her come onto the scene with an up-tempo number that would immediately throw her into the spotlight and make her a trans-Atlantic hit. I'm pretty sure that's unlikely because the album is R&B/Soul, so I can pretty safely assume it'll be either mid-tempo or a ballad because she's great at those. Still, I'd love it if she could one day prove all them haters wrong and at least do as well as Kelly commercially.

Originally I think it was rumoured the album would have a Summer release but I've read lately that the realistic date is more late 2006/early 2007. I'm still anticipating it though.

Comment

I love Let's Stay Together.

Its about time she released a R'N'B album too
                        LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by imissu_aaliyah
                          Originally posted by Zuzu18
                          she can act, she can sing, she can dance (eventually after alot of rehearsing)!
                          LOL!, funny but tru, not one f up on the tour, every step was definately ON POINT. I really like Michelle, and i wish so many damn people would stop hating on her, and her acting on Half & Half is i agree better than Beyonce's, but Idunno about Kelly (she seems like the natural to me). The role she's playin, she said is hard (having to tell someone she's feelin that she has aids and all), but she's doin it really really well. I mean did you see Spencers face when she finally told him. Shes a good actress forreal IMO.

Michelle has the ability...as she looks unique, has a singing style which is unique, the Gospel background which gives her an edge, can act and has a unique voice!

Pair that up with the right producers then a hit album is not inconceiveable!

Comment

First off Michelle is my faverite member of Destiny's child and people do not give her the credit she deserves and also i don't care what anyone says when she came to columbus and did the break down part of soldier she killed the hell out of it she made everyone look at her and you were like Beyonce who? kelly? who's she? and If anyone went to the concert and in columbus ohio you know after she did "Do You Know" everyone in the crowd was chanting michelles name when she was finish and she made everyone cry and was having everyone praising the lord. the Bitch is bad and i think it is only a matter of time before she up stages Beyonce' and she can really dance (Yes she fell on 106 & Park) but after that she steped her game up!!! and if you went to any concert you know she sounded the best on her solo song i am Michelle Williams biggest fan and i will Rep her till the day i die!! and not saying Beyonce and Kelly are nothing i love them all but Michelle has that something that you know lives in her that is just waiting to come out and it's only a matter of time before she blows up and i will be the first person to tell the world " I TOLD YOU So"
                            To See a World beyond a Blue Moon
                            -Dragonfly*

Comment

I Agree ^^

Michelle REALLY has the potential to go big! I think if she does a mainstream album she has a big chance!

Comment

michelle has to work on herself...but she has the talent and she has the strong and powerful voice to become a big diva!...I love this girl!
                                Life tastes better with music
                                Instagram: DC34ever

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly
                                  First off Michelle is my faverite member of Destiny's child and people do not give her the credit she deserves and also i don't care what anyone says when she came to columbus and did the break down part of soldier she killed the hell out of it she made everyone look at her and you were like Beyonce who? kelly? who's she? and If anyone went to the concert and in columbus ohio you know after she did "Do You Know" everyone in the crowd was chanting michelles name when she was finish and she made everyone cry and was having everyone praising the lord. the Bitch is bad and i think it is only a matter of time before she up stages Beyonce' and she can really dance (Yes she fell on 106 & Park) but after that she steped her game up!!! and if you went to any concert you know she sounded the best on her solo song i am Michelle Williams biggest fan and i will Rep her till the day i die!! and not saying Beyonce and Kelly are nothing i love them all but Michelle has that something that you know lives in her that is just waiting to come out and it's only a matter of time before she blows up and i will be the first person to tell the world " I TOLD YOU So"
                                  I agree with everything you said there apart from one thing, cuz I'm Michelle's biggest fan :p

I think everyone's tired of people saying Michelle can't sing or dance. Everyone trips up in dancing...sometimes literally - as Michelle did - and sometimes not. Beyonce's shoe came off when she was performing at the Oscars only it wasn't noticed and the reason for Michelle falling was because her heel broke. That's just one example though. She's great.

Comment

michelles rely underated man! shes a cool chick, n she seems to b intelligent. im sure her next rnb record is gona do wel shes alredy sed how she wants to work wit john legend and anthony hamilton, plus she takin her time wit it wich is a gud ting rather than rushing it on the bak of destinys child. she sed itl probs cum out in spring of next year. hopfuly she gona work wit sum hot producers n she dun a lot of writing for songs, so cant wait!

lady L

Comment

michelle 2 albums "heart to yours" and "do ou know" are 2 of the most beautiful and innovative records of the last decade.
                                      she'sthe best member in destiny's child, she got a particular , great voice, she has personality, she's beautiful and she's a real artist.
                                      in mtv' diary, dc dvd's and ither stuff she showed she's smart, intelligent and cool!!she doesn't need to be glamourous like beyoncè and kelly.
                                      her songs' lyrics are powerful, deep and "conscious", not like beyoncè stupid lyrics...
                                      My hot list now:
                                      1.monica-a dozen roses
                                      2.ciara-promise
                                      3.tamia-can't get enough
                                      4.letoya-torn
                                      5.mary j. blige-we ride (i see the future)

Comment

Originally posted by bigfra
                                        michelle 2 albums "heart to yours" and "do ou know" are 2 of the most beautiful and innovative records of the last decade.
                                        she'sthe best member in destiny's child, she got a particular , great voice, she has personality, she's beautiful and she's a real artist.
                                        in mtv' diary, dc dvd's and ither stuff she showed she's smart, intelligent and cool!!she doesn't need to be glamourous like beyoncè and kelly.
                                        her songs' lyrics are powerful, deep and "conscious", not like beyoncè stupid lyrics...
                                        Cudnt have said it better myself..... actually i could have but u get ma drift! lol! jk i totally agree, her voice is so distinct and beautiful!

Comment

This is the album I'm most looking forward to from DC. Some people think Michelle is just like a back up singer compared to Beyonce especially or Kelly, but I think that out of the three of them, Michelle has the best voice. It's so unique and powerful, and the only reason people doubt her is that you don't really hear her sing. Her solo songs haven't been released over here (I don't think :-? ), and in DC, it's mainly Beyonce you hear. But wait til she comes out with this album, I'm telling you she's gonna be on top!

Comment

I can't wait for this album!

Comment

Michelle is gr8, n her two albums have been rely gud. im always listening to love thang and do you know! im sure she gona prove her doubters rong wit her rnb record! i mean shes a gr8 singer but u gota admit bee's da best singer out of the 3!da only reason ppl dnt admit that is coz she hogs the limelight! Michelle dont rely need to prove anything, ppl wil gradualy respect her as an artist, n as 4 actin i agree her actin in half n half was gud,seen as though her records not out til next year i tink she shud do a movie or sumthin b4 ppl 4get bout her lol bcoz dats wat dey tend to do n ders barely any buzz b4 her albums hit the shelves!

Comment

Michelle is really great as a singer and as a person. She's the only one from DC who types in MySpace.com and talk to the fans in her blog. And if you've heard the "Live In Atlanta" DVD you should know that her voice is amazing and very poworful. I love her very much and can't wait for the R&B record.Go Chelle
                                                Beyonce - Deja Vu - NUMBER 1 HIT

Comment

What's Michelle's MySpace/blog address?^
                                                  You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X