• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Rowland - Ms. Kelly

kelly Rowland - Miss Kelly 7.3.07
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

I saw an advert for destinys child live in somehwhere or the other.

Tucked away in the corner it had Kellys new album out very soon.

It seemed a bit desperate. Esp as it was next to beyonce an not kelly, maybe that is the area of the page where it will be noticed the most?

Comment

Is her new album entitled "My Story" because she said on Tyra Show it was self titled and where did you get this information ?
      To See a World beyond a Blue Moon
      -Dragonfly*

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly
        Is her new album entitled "My Story" because she said on Tyra Show it was self titled and where did you get this information ?
        someone posted this
        and my heart just melts
        Ice Cream Truck

Comment

where r u getting this info from cause she always said dat her sophmore album is self titled.

Comment

Just like they claimed "Flashback"was the single?^^

Apparently the CD might not be out till August:

i just got back from Kelly's recording session in hollywood-after she left the star ceremony, she had to go straight to the studio. around 4:30 she invited some of us and the ticket package people (who damn near lost their minds in there ) over to the studio to hear her record, get their feedback, tell them which songs were best and which should be the singles. producers Big Tank, Lonnie "her play-brother", and a few others were with her in the booth, and they were recording and tweaking a few songs. Kelly is funny as hell, ya'll. She was chillin like regular peoples. Nice, sweet, hyper as $$$$, goofy, nasty and rarely catty. speaking of catty-- FIRST OF ALL!! oooooh, she does NOT like Brandy no mo'. somebody remarked that some of Kelly's new songs had been leaked on the net-Kelly was suprised as hell-and then the girl said people were comparing them to other singers like Brandy and saying Kelly's were better and brandy better watch out. Kelly went --"Brandy?? Oh uh uhh. I have my OWN sound, okay??" then later one girl said she thought one of kelly's songs sounded like a Brandy track, and Kelly made a noise like "Mmm!" and frowned up. "oh no, uh uhh. Ew, i don't think so!" she does not like Brandy-the girl said, oh i meant the music sounds like Full Moon, not your vocal, and kelly said "oh, good, okay then, cause i'm like, " I think Brandy may've said **** that Kelly felt disrespected her sister. cause Kelly was all over Serena, Beyonce, and Michelle, but not Brandy. she litterally made an ugly face when someone mentioned Brandy at all. she was drinking water then belching and waving away the smell, talking about north carolina accents, how she had had a crush on this guy and thought he was fine, and then saw him a year later and he was ugly, LMAO, talking bout how Tank is FOINE, jumping around giggling like a fool, smiling, laughing, said she had a shi tzu puppy that pooped in her shoes and pissed on her luggage so she gave it to her girlfriend, and her momma stole her other dog. she was mad that she had to be in the studio all night, because she wanted to go and visit Beyonce on the DG set because she knew she wasn't feeling well and needed her there "she's sick, she needs me, but i have to be here all night". ((awwww) she said she wants a big dog next, a vicious biting dog so she won't get pickpocketed on the beach in miami, said serena lives in West Palm Beach, she was watching the FOOD NETWORK on the monitors talking bout her favorite was Paula Deen and how she watches her in the studio all the time and all her food looks good and is simple. she said she tried it and made some cheeseburger meatloaf and lipton instant soup in the packets, and it was "BOMB!!" said she moves into her miami condo next week and she's giving away 7 pairs of her size 9 shoes-took her shoe off to measure her foot, she said the label is pushing her to release a certain song and she doesn't know yet if she should, she started singing some rap song to herself, was humming 'diamonds on my neck', hugging everybody, laying up on the couch with people, getting folks sodas and water, clowning on people, generally just being the most genuine, down-to-earth girl.

FOR ALL YA'LL WHO WERE WORRIED THAT KELLY'S RECORD WOULDN'T BE GOOD: its really, really good. like shockingly good. like FINALLY we get to hear how good she is, good. besides Flashback, Every thought is you, and Still in love with my Ex, the others were really a huge improvement over Simply Deep. i got happy just hearing them, that album is going to FINALLY get her the shine she deserves. Gotsta Go is a R&B club banger-they all thought it should be the first single. Ghetto is an airy ballad talking about a man she's in love with:"wear your timbs, ride your rims, get your cash, roll your dice..." it sounds stupid, but she sang it really breathy in a light soft voice and it works. Better Withoutcha is a slower song-she said it was B's favorite so far because B knew how sad kelly was when she broke up with her fiance, and how happy she is now-it wasn't one of my favorites honestly, because she sings it in her lower register. The sad sounding intro was about Roy-she said so, said she cried all night over singing it, but she loved it because "its my pain "-and the lyrics were HARSH. "you switched up on me, you don't speak to me at night, say you don't love me no more, all those late night private phonecalls, you creepin, acting secret, we don't make love, you don't wanna touch me, you changed on me in the middle of the game"....that type of stuff. OUCH. You Will Win is very uplifting, kinda I-Believe-I-can-fly ish and michelle wrote it for kelly. I'm Back on the Market is the song Solo wrote-its an uptempo and kelly said she doesn't like the vocal the way she sang it, so she doesn't know if its going on the record. There's a duet with her and TANK--"maybe i deserve" tank, Jamie Foxx's tank from the suspect thread. a pretty R&B middle eastern flavored track that she says she doesn't love, but her producer is pushing her to leave it on the CD. she said she wants to put the album out by august, and that she and lonnie wrote every thought is you, and Rockwilder produced it. a girl told her she sounds like Whitney--like i always said she did--and she said, "oh my god, oh my god, oh no, you gon make me cry, whitney, mariah, beyonce were my influences, i looooove whitney!" there were only 2 downtempo songs that sounded like the first CD, and so many other songs that my brain isn't letting me remember right now....but ya'll get the picture. i was rippin and runnin all day. i need a nap. i'm sure i'll remember more in the morning. i'll put the rest of the pics up then too if they came out decent.

god damn, that was a mouthful!
            and my heart just melts
            Ice Cream Truck

Comment

^Thanks for posting the new information - I cannot wait to hear this album but I hope that they don't go with SILWMX as the first single - Kelly needs a club banger as the first single to give her impact then perhaps SILWMX could be a second or third single.

Comment

amsterdamned could i know where you got that quote from cause it sounds just about right. i guess we are still not sure what her 1st single is....

Comment

May I ask what happened between brandy and kelly?

Comment

FLOP!
                    No images? Why the hell not?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by BeatRoca
                      May I ask what happened between brandy and kelly?
                      kelly cried on brandy's shoulder about the things she was unhappy about..and brandy on her turn expossed the shit on the radio.

dunno how true it is..but tahts how the story goes
                      and my heart just melts
                      Ice Cream Truck

Comment

Kelly deverve's more success then Beyonce as far I see it I think Kelly's voice is more distinctive then that of Beyonce but I wish she would stop with this Dillemma shit about her ex and as for Brandy I don't know if she's got any consideration as being a true friend to Kelly or slagging her off.
                        Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

well, until I hear it straight from the horses mouth about their situation of being friends. The subject is dead to me. people these days believe anything thats even remotely close drama.

Comment

on the release list, it's got the new album just as called "kelly rowland - kelly rowland"

Comment

What is actually said to have happend between Kelly and Brandy was

1) Brandy became friends with her whilst writing and producing on a couple tracks for Kellys album

2) Kelly moaned about her career, Beyonces dominance ect

3) On radio Brandy was asked about working with Kelly and Brandy said Kelly wanted to be successful ect, be more than just a Destinys Child under Beyonces shadow...and Brandy advised Kelly on how to do that

4) Beyonce got mad bout the whole thing, Kelly took it ALL back saying she never said any of that, slagged off Brandy

Brandy didnt do shit to Kelly, its EXACTLY like what kelly did to R.L the writer, she totally dogged him out when he told her she was to good to be under the knowles thumb and shud do her own stuff the second mathew n beyonce heard bout it. Sour grapes on kellys account that her debut went GOLD and Brandys at the age of 14 sold 4.4 million in USA alone!
                              Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
                              http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Comment

No offence, but you're hardly going to give an objective opinion when it comes to Brandy^

I can't see Kelly complaining about being "just being a Destiny's Child" - there's plenty of artists who would do anything to have the success she's enjoyed, travelled all over the world, never has to worry about money etc and they seem to genuinely mean it when they say they love each other.

It looks like it was probably taken out of context; if Kelly said she wanted to be successful then fine. I really doubt she said "in Beyonce's shadow" and all that...but who knows, not me or you, so...

But if Kelly did say all that, Brandy shouldn't really go on radio and tell everyone :-?
                                You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

Originally posted by child_destinys
                                  No offence, but you're hardly going to give an objective opinion when it comes to Brandy^

But if Kelly did say all that, Brandy shouldn't really go on radio and tell everyone :-?

what happend was:

Kelly was mad about her project being rushed and her not being able to take her time..while beyonce had 1,5 year to record with a larger budget and promo budget...beyonce got 5 videos etc.

kelly confided in brandy in 2003 (while beyonce was on top fo the world) and her and kelly were not on speaking terms..

brandy let it out to the radio in 2004 while her album was flopping to create some sort of media buzz.

kelly felt betrayed and stopped talking to her or w/e.

as for RL..kelly ahs NEVER dogged him I got proof and its coming up next
                                  and my heart just melts
                                  Ice Cream Truck

Comment

well its kinda funny how both are managed under mattew but beyonce sold 4 million on her debute and kelly only went gold on hers. its like they don't even try to promote kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuzu18

EXACTLY like what kelly did to R.L the writer, she totally dogged him out when he told her she was to good to be under the knowles thumb
                                      this info is faker than brandy's marriage^^

Aries (UBG): Tell me about "Hater N U" and why you decided to record that song?
                                      RL: Well first off, it's not really a diss to Destiny's Child. I love them. But I'm going to give you the real deal. With our first album we sold over 2 million copies, Destiny's Child went Gold with their first. We did a record with them for their second album, didn't charge them, we just wanted them on our next album. They agreed, so we was like cool. Kelly was a really good friend of mines, I mean if you look at her thank yous for their "Writings" CD she calls me her big brother. So Kelly told me that because Mathew was pushing Beyonce' to the front, she wanted her vocals to shine on the duet. So I told Mathew that I wanted Kelly to sing the lead on the duet and he said no! So we never recorded the song. And of course after that, they blew up and the rest is history. So in "Hater N U" it's like you jacked us, so we're jacking your beat.
                                      ---------------------------------------------

he didn't say 1 bad thing about kelly she about him.
                                      did U really think kelly was gonna get booted from all those millions just to do a duet?
                                      and my heart just melts
                                      Ice Cream Truck

Comment

yeh gotta admit, kelly and bee r both managed by mathew, but bee blew up and after dilemma not much happnd wit kelly, she never performed at ne awards shows, no grammy nominations for her solo stuf xcept for dilemma, hopfuly, she gona do rely wel wit her new cd, but hope stil in luv wit my x isnt the first single, coz its not strong enuf to b da first, its a gud enuf trak tho. neways im sure dis time round her new lp is gonna be HOT.

Comment

Originally posted by child_destinys

I can't see Kelly complaining about being "just being a Destiny's Child" - there's plenty of artists who would do anything to have the success she's enjoyed, travelled all over the world, never has to worry about money etc and they seem to genuinely mean it when they say they love each other.

It looks like it was probably taken out of context; if Kelly said she wanted to be successful then fine. I really doubt she said "in Beyonce's shadow" and all that...but who knows, not me or you, so...

If brandy did bad then i wud totally have sided with Kelly...much as i love ma girl im not dellusional! Give me some credibility!

And AMSTERDAMED Brandy never played the media in her career to get herself in the spotlight she let her talent do that! (not saying she never got in media flurries, but she didnt play it to succeed so please)

She counts Kelly as a mate n propped her in her thank u's on Afrodisiac, and they have been sighted since together so i dont believe this new article...

What happnd happnd, as for the RL situation hes been quoted on saying that Kelly isnt on speakin terms with him since that...its exactly like what happnd with Brandy! Kelly did feel hugley envious of Beyonce, but when shes told how to shine in her own right she never takes the adivce and gets all mad! Shes diggin her own grave.

Comment

Originally posted by lenor
                                            yeh gotta admit, kelly and bee r both managed by mathew, but bee blew up and after dilemma not much happnd wit kelly, she never performed at ne awards shows, no grammy nominations for her solo stuf xcept for dilemma, hopfuly, she gona do rely wel wit her new cd, but hope stil in luv wit my x isnt the first single, coz its not strong enuf to b da first, its a gud enuf trak tho. neways im sure dis time round her new lp is gonna be HOT.
                                            it works 2 ways..NOTHING was keeping kelly from getting her ass out there and promote

keyshia cole went platinum all by herself with ZERO help from her record company
                                            and my heart just melts
                                            Ice Cream Truck

Comment

And AMSTERDAMED Brandy never played the media in her career to get herself in the spotlight she let her talent do that! (not saying she never got in media flurries, but she didnt play it to succeed so please)

She counts Kelly as a mate n propped her in her thank u's on Afrodisiac, and they have been sighted since together so i dont believe this new article...
                                              why did Brandy feel the need to give this advice on the radio?

because her album was flopping and she's envious of beyonce herself.

and you know all too well that brandy faked her marriage to protect her all american girl image..and she would've NEVER came out if robert didnt expose her.

ofcourse kelly ahsnt spoken to RL didnt she have to change her number because of L&L ..and ocne again because of Farrah.

she's been non stop busy..even he aknowladged it.

U think kelly is gonna leave destiny's child just to duet with him?

get yo head right.
                                              and my heart just melts
                                              Ice Cream Truck

Comment

OK, I find that funny. for one brandy has been on top not once, but twice in her career, so why would she envy beyonce. True she did lie about her marriage. but not one time in her career did you hear her say shs this perfect person who don't make mistakes. And brandy ain't never used drama to sell a album. If my memory serves me right didn't kelly flop on her debute. Lets be honest, mattew doesn't want kelly to out shine beyonce.

Comment

OK, I find that funny. for one brandy has been on top not once, but twice in her career, so why would she envy beyonce. True she did lie about her marriage. but not one time in her career did you hear her say shs this perfect person who don't make mistakes. And brandy ain't never used drama to sell a album. If my memory serves me right didn't kelly flop on her debute. Lets be honest, mattew doesn't want kelly to out shine beyonce.
                                                  by lying about her marriage she was OBVIOUSLtrying to withhold the all merican perfect girl image she had in her younger years.

everybody envies beyonce..since she came out and became the IT girl..its hard for the others to stack paper.
                                                  and my heart just melts
                                                  Ice Cream Truck

Comment

Originally posted by amsterdamned
                                                    by lying about her marriage she was OBVIOUSLtrying to withhold the all merican perfect girl image she had in her younger years.

everybody envies beyonce..since she came out and became the IT girl..its hard for the others to stack paper.
                                                    Beyonces solo acting and singing career has no way, in any shape or form outstripped Brandys yet... so Brandy aint sweating yet. Beyonce may be the IT girl for 00 years due to the most ridiculous over hype but Brandy has been holdin the industry down for the 90's! So please... she has made her history..and shes still going...and making her comeback hard!

She did not lie about it, for the record she BELIEVED that she was married, like Lauryn H she didnt need paper to tell her that...at the time of thier marriage in 02 Brandy was going thru a very different set of beliefs spirtually (scientology, averting from christianity, her comments on other things, her way of life) all changed.... i believe that she thought she was married altho non traditionally... she shudda been more explicit on the details maybe but EVERYONE makes mistakes!

Kelly has sour grapes towards ANYONE who tells her the truth...hence she flops! And her next album will flop..

As for Brandy, a Sitcom, TV Biopic, PS3 Sci Fi Game, Soundtrack, Personal Studio Album, working with over 8 hit producers.... shes making her comeback! We'll see where she goes..n where Kelly does! So case closed for me!

Comment

Beyonces solo acting and singing career has no way, in any shape or form outstripped Brandys yet... so Brandy aint sweating yet. Beyonce may be the IT girl for 00 years due to the most ridiculous over hype but Brandy has been holdin the industry down for the 90's! So please... she has made her history..and shes still going...and making her comeback hard!

She did not lie about it, for the record she BELIEVED that she was married, like Lauryn H she didnt need paper to tell her that...at the time of thier marriage in 02 Brandy was going thru a very different set of beliefs spirtually (scientology, averting from christianity, her comments on other things, her way of life) all changed.... i believe that she thought she was married altho non traditionally... she shudda been more explicit on the details maybe but EVERYONE makes mistakes!

Kelly has sour grapes towards ANYONE who tells her the truth...hence she flops! And her next album will flop..

As for Brandy, a Sitcom, TV Biopic, PS3 Sci Fi Game, Soundtrack, Personal Studio Album, working with over 8 hit producers.... shes making her comeback! We'll see where she goes..n where Kelly does! So case closed for me!
                                                      where are brandy's 5 grammy's????

where are her vmaz????

where are her emaz????

why isn't brandy the face of ANYTHING??? pepsi, loreal and the list goes on.

where are brandy's multi no1 movies??????

brandy has NEVER been as BIG as Beyonce is right now

get off of stand-mode and step back into reality.

thanks.

*DEAD* @ she believed she was married

please dont make me find the S2S magazine and post scan the pics from the fake marriage ceramony

stop the lies..its only hurting brandy more.
                                                      and my heart just melts
                                                      Ice Cream Truck

Comment

why isn't brandy the face of ANYTHING??? pepsi, loreal and the list goes on
                                                        Doesn't she sell wigs or something?

Oh, I love Brandy and Bee - stop the arguing
                                                        You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

lol dis ment to be bout kellys new album so stop arguin bout bee n brandy, dey both gr8 artists, obviously i prefer bee but dats not da point. dey very difrent u cant rely compare them, beyonces at her peak at da mo. neways i tink we shud keep da discussion bout kelly n her new record. so stop trippin'

Comment

where are brandy's 5 grammy's????

where are her vmaz????

where are her emaz????

why isn't brandy the face of ANYTHING??? pepsi, loreal and the list goes on.

where are brandy's multi no1 movies??????

brandy has NEVER been as BIG as Beyonce is right now

get off of stand-mode and step back into reality.

thanks.

*DEAD* @ she believed she was married

please dont make me find the S2S magazine and post scan the pics from the fake marriage ceramony

stop the lies..its only hurting brandy more.
                                                            Oh dont u know, ill let u know okay...

By the age of 18 she had sold TWENTY MILLION albums WORLDWIDE..4.4 with her Debut in America alone, 5.6 with her Sohpmore in America alone

Was the face of
                                                            DKNY
                                                            COVERGIRL
                                                            KANDIES
                                                            MATTELL
                                                            UNICCEFF
                                                            ULTIMA

Had:
                                                            PLATINUM hit with Baby
                                                            TWO GOLD hits with I Wanna Be Down n Broknhearted,
                                                            2 PLATINYM hit with Another Day In Paradise,
                                                            PLATINUM hit with Sittin Up In My Room
                                                            GOLD hit with Have U Ever
                                                            4 PLATINUM hit with TBIM

Had UPN's BIGGEST show for 13 years, getting 80,000 for each episode, run for 5 seasons

Was the lead in ABC's BIGGEST BUDGET Broadway which also sold 2 MILLION copies

Was the lead in ABC's RATINGS SMASH Double Platinum, also sold 1 MILLION copies

Was a lead in the HUGEEEEE Box Office Smash I Still Know

Has had her acting nominated for NACCAP awards, Emmys Nomincation, recieved HUGE critical acclaim for her acting and took LEAD roles not the shit beyonces been churning out playing a 'singer' oh my!

Shes got her Grammys, Her 5 RNB #1's, Her 3 POP #1's worked with the BEST in the industry, EARNT her hype, didnt STRIP, SELL SEX, SHAKE HER ASS to succeed....

so the biggest WHATEVER in ur face! There were no wedding pics btw... she never for once said she had a ceromny so bye bye!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X