X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monica - The Making of Me

UPDATE:

Originally posted by LikeNoOther

The title to Monica Arnold’s forthcoming album has been changed again for the 3rd time. The first title was “STREET BUTTERFLY”, the second “RAW”, and the new title is “A DOZEN ROSES”. The title track is produced by her long time collaborator Missy Elliot (Tamia, Tweet). The new album includes additional productions from Jermaine Dupri (Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey), Sean Garrett (Teairra Marie, Fergie), Dallas Austin (TLC, Sugababes), Brian Michael Cox (Faith Evans, Mary J Blige), The Underdogs (Fantasia, Victoria Beckham), and Warryn Campbell (Christina Milian, Alicia Keys). Tracks that are expected to make it to the final track listing include: “EVERYTIME THA BEAT DROP”, “STAND UP LADY”, “I LIKE YOUR …”, “MORE THAN A WOMAN”, “NECESSARY” and “MAKE IT LAST (ALL NIGHT LONG)”. Guests that are rumored to be on the album include T.I., Young Jeezy, Twista and Keyshia Cole.
    and my heart just melts
    Ice Cream Truck

I'm sure to pick this up and I love the album title!
    Ashanti - Love Her Or Leave Her Alone.

Comment

It's a rumour, i don't think it's true because Keyshia recently said she would like to do a song with Mo' one day.

Anyway i can't wait to hear her new album, the first single is produced by Missy.
      Mariah Carey - Caution

Comment

Originally posted by TheSource
        I'm sure to pick this up and I love the album title!
        Me too, I also love the title. I hope the Keyshia collabo is true, that could be amazing!
        You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

I really can't wait to hear her new stuff, but I still don't really like the album title - sounds like a rip off of Ashanti's Concrete Rose to me.
          "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Intersted to see how this pans out...

not liked Monica much but found alot of respect for her..so i will def pick this up if its good!
            Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
            http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Comment

Havent heard much of her, but I quite like her material

'Before You Walked Of My Life' is a classic for me, so as the double A-side she put out on her last release (not sure if it was on her last record) but i loved the video for it

Comment

Originally posted by mIGU
                'Before You Walked Of My Life' is a classic for me
                I agree, it's one of my favourite singles from her.
                She loooked so mature in the video lol
                Mariah Carey - Caution

Comment

Re: Monica - Street Butterfly (new album)

Originally posted by amsterdamned
                  Today I got the opportunity to preview some of the songs Monica has recorded her album titled Street Butterfly
                  I always hated you for being the first all the time, LOL. j/k, but for YEARS Mo was my favorite singer and I used mimic the dances to her vidwos with classmates when I was younger, lol. ATS was amazing, I just hope she has more tracks with this one, it sounds good already. Monica one of my fav female singers ever and Twista one of my fav rappers on one track is ENOUGH to sell me the album
                  WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
                  All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

Re: Monica - Street Butterfly (new album)

Originally posted by imissu_aaliyah
                    Today I got the opportunity to preview some of the songs Monica has recorded her album titled Street Butterfly
                    I always hated you for being the first all the time, LOL. j/k, but for YEARS Mo was my favorite singer and I used mimic the dances to her vidwos with classmates when I was younger, lol. ATS was amazing, I just hope she has more tracks with this one, it sounds good already. Monica one of my fav female singers ever and Twista one of my fav rappers on one track is ENOUGH to sell me the album
                    LOL

I wish I heard it

this from someones Blog..who works in the industry
                    and my heart just melts
                    Ice Cream Truck

Comment

i do like her but she murdered eternals angel of mine no one can beat there version specially easthers smooth but strong vocals and adlibs which i noticed monica chickened out on bless her is street butterfly gettin a uk release last time i saw her she had awful yellow straw hair in the video for ciaras goodies

Comment

Her first album was a real classic with top notch productions from Dallas Austin and Tim & Bob. I miss those r&b albums now with hard beats and tight melody.
                        http://soul-shadows.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Franckoty007
                          Originally posted by mIGU
                          'Before You Walked Of My Life' is a classic for me
                          I agree, it's one of my favourite singles from her.
                          She loooked so mature in the video lol
                          Yeah, I also think that!
                          That video is really really sweet and classy!

Comment

Liking the sound of this, loved Brandy, Monica & Aaliyah all coming out around the same time and is good new Monica is still recording, waiting patiently for this Miss Thang!
                            http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/page ... 6214236626

Comment

c'mon!!!!!!yeaahhhh!!!!!
                              she' one of my fav singers ever!!!!
                              after the storm is a masterpiece, the most beautiful album of 2003, and her new sound is brilliant, i love the way she changed her style since "just another girl"...
                              i hope the fourth album will be a hit like the other 3 records...
                              but it's a shame that she's a superstar in us and not in the rest of the world...
                              My hot list now:
                              1.monica-a dozen roses
                              2.ciara-promise
                              3.tamia-can't get enough
                              4.letoya-torn
                              5.mary j. blige-we ride (i see the future)

Comment

BUMP (....)

Anything new?
                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

i had no idea "after the storm" sold so well i havent even heard it yet they didnt really push it over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Realist
                                    i had no idea "after the storm" sold so well i havent even heard it yet they didnt really push it over here.
                                    Well the album actually struggled to go Platinum, I think, but it got there in the end. When the the 2nd single, "Knock Knock/Get It Off", flopped the album kinda stopped selling at about 600,000 sales but then for some reason "U Should've Known Better" started racing up the charts from out-of-nowhere like a year later. And hence the album managed to go Platinum.

I've been listening to "After The Storm" a lot lately. I hope the new album is just as good, if not better!
                                    "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

I've only just discovered Mon, I can't wait for this album.. her others are classics!
                                      CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype
                                        I've only just discovered Mon, I can't wait for this album.. her others are classics!
                                        I ordered "After The Storm" just yesterday and I'm pretty excited about her material as well.
                                        DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

Monica has finished recording the album..

I shud be gettin some news about this soon from someone who works with her managment team! So fingers crossed it comes thru..
                                          Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
                                          http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Comment

I'm tired of waiting lol, i want to hear the first single. ^^
                                            Mariah Carey - Caution

Comment

a buzz song has been released called: |"everytime the beat drops" ft The Franchise Boys.

its crunk as hell..ciara better watch out..Mo could snatch that queen of crunk title if she wanted to
                                              and my heart just melts
                                              Ice Cream Truck

Comment

a buzz song has been released called: |"everytime the beat drops" ft The Franchise Boys.

its crunk as hell..ciara better watch out..Mo could snatch that queen of crunk title if she wanted to
                                                Hmmm... Not too sure about the whole crunk thing for Monica, but I'd still like to hear if she can pull it off anyway.

Comment

She has pulled it off! She has the voice for it!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X