No announcement yet.

Monica - The Making of Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a much lower charting due tot he lack of promo. But well done to her.
    Now release it in the UK!

Comment

• Originally posted by hypnotikwater

Now release it in the UK!
      I actually hope she doesn't - cos then it really would bomb!
      "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

• Monica is the type that never has a huge immediate impact. Her albums tend to remain on the charts for a long time, steadily rising and then falling. Which I think it better than it being number 1 for a couple of weeks then suddenly being gone.

Sales aside, Monica has created an excellent album, and there is not a single song on it that I don't like.

Comment

• Low chart position or high position i dont care Monica always bringing a quality album and i dont think she cares about sales as much as other artists.
          R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001

Comment

• glad it went top 10 and i think that it will go gold but unless A Dozen Roses Is Massive I Caren't See It Going Platinum :(

Comment

• Originally posted by urgay
              glad it went top 10 and i think that it will go gold but unless A Dozen Roses Is Massive I Caren't See It Going Platinum :(
              She deffinetly should've released Hell No.
              R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001

Comment

• Wow, i really didnt expect this. even though ETTBD is not the "hit" it "should" be
                WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
                All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

• Ooh... I didn't realise the album topped the R&B/Hip Hop albums chart.

And furthermore, "Beat Drops" has just moved up to No.48 (No.11 on R&B).
                  "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

• Originally posted by gaz_uk
                    Ooh... I didn't realise the album topped the R&B/Hip Hop albums chart.

And furthermore, "Beat Drops" has just moved up to No.48 (No.11 on R&B).
                    LOL me neither. I guess it's a hit, although opening numbers and chart positions are slowly becoming nothing to me anymore (although im still happy when my fav artists debut at the top)
                    WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
                    All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

• 'ME' TIME: Just a little over 11 years after making her debut on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums tally, Monica collects her very first No. 1. "The Makings of Me" (J) enters the chart at the apex.

"The Makings of Me" is Monica's fourth album to appear on the tally. She first came into our consciousness with the release of "Miss Thang," a CD that peaked at No. 7 in January 1996. In August 1998, Monica went to No. 2 with "The Boy Is Mine," named for her No. 1 single recorded as a duet with Brandy. She didn't release her third album until 2003. "After the Storm" also peaked at No. 2, in July of that year.

"The Makings of Me" is the seventh No. 1 album by a solo female on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart in 2006. Prior to Monica, the women who led the list this calendar year include Mary J. Blige, Heather Headley, India.Arie, LeToya, Beyonce and Janet Jackson. Last year, only three solo females topped this chart: Faith Evans, Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys.

It's a different story on The Billboard 200, where "The Makings of Me" enters at No. 8. That ties the peak position of "The Boy Is Mine" and far surpasses the No. 36 peak of "Miss Thang." But Monica has already had a No. 1 album on The Billboard 200 - "After the Storm" spent one week on top.
                      Just a little section on Monica from Billboard's Chartbeat.

Comment

• I think I'm gonna have to take back what I said last week. This album is seriously growing on me now. All my favourite albums from this year so far I have initially disliked but grown to love, this could well be another case of that. Good work Monica. I've never been a huge fan, I can see this album changing my opinion.

Comment

• ^^^ I find that my favourite albums tend to be the ones that have to grow on me too.

Having said that though, after listening to all the clips and leaked tracks, I can safely say that I'll love this album straight away and will be playing it for years to come.

That's if it ever arrives anyway! :evil:

If it isn't waiting for me in my postbox by tommorow afternoon, I'm gonna be raging!!! :x

Comment

• Any chart-predicts for album this week? Will sales decrease rapidly?

Comment

• 12000 copies at 52% according to HDD, not that good.
                              She's such a local act, anyway.
                              This is the last word, this is the last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squeeze
                                12000 copies at 52% according to HDD, not that good.
                                She's such a local act, anyway.
                                :( i doubt that album will sell more than 500k in the USA but i hope it will be certified Gold (as album with a little sales - "Todd Smith", "A Public Affair")

Comment

• Singles in a perfect world:

1) Beat Drop
                                  2) Hell No
                                  3) Doin Me Right
                                  4) Raw

Comment

• I finally got my copy today! And I've been playing it non-stop!

It was definitely worth the wait. "Thanks For Tha Misery" was brilliant - should've made the album in the first place IMO.

If it were up to me, the singles would be:

1. Everytime The Beat Drop
                                    2. A Dozen Roses (You Remind Me) - and quickly!!!
                                    3. Hell No
                                    4. Why Her?

Comment

• This album just continues to mesmerise me.

Comment

• Originally posted by R_D
                                        Originally posted by urgay
                                        glad it went top 10 and i think that it will go gold but unless A Dozen Roses Is Massive I Caren't See It Going Platinum :(
                                        She deffinetly should've released Hell No.
                                        That Song Is Fireeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bought this today. But to be honest, I prefer "After The Storm" at the first listen.
                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• So when does it release in the UK? :-?
                                            R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001

Comment

• Originally posted by R_D
                                              So when does it release in the UK? :-?
                                              I doubt it will be released here. :(

Comment

• My single choice would be:

1. Everytime Tha Beats Drop
                                                2. A Dozen Roses

3. Raw
                                                4. Sideline Ho
                                                5. Get Away or Hell No
                                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Single cover for "A Dozen Roses"

Comment

• [quote=gaz_uk]
                                                    Originally posted by "R_D":736ka8cs
                                                    So when does it release in the UK? :-?
                                                    I doubt it will be released here. :([/quote:736ka8cs]

SERIOUS
                                                    R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001

Comment

Working...
                                                    X