Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geri Halliwell - Scream If You Wanna Go Faster

That album has some great songs.
    It has some songs with some shocking lyrics too!
    That's Gerri!
    These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

It never fails to amaze me. This gel is a self opinionated, hedonistic trollop.
    As for tallent...hear her sing with no technological back-up...Trash of the first order.
    B.I.H. Bitch

Comment

I can see there are some strong and varied opinions on this album - how come none yet submitted your review of the album to ukmix.net?
      www.ukmix.net/central/review.html

Comment

OK,I wrote a review for Geri's album,under the name "Tiger Forums"...
        If I recall it correctly :grin:
        These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Comment

This is such a good album, it's so underrated! I think this is one of the best post-Spice albums released, almost as good as Emma's Free Me.

Some of the songs like Lovey Dovey Stuff seem quite ahead of its time, plus she used some excellent samples (or rip-offs) on tracks like Circles Around The Moon and Strength Of A Woman. The title track is still one of my favourite pop songs ever though. The arrangements are utterly amazing.
          Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
          Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Originally posted by subcdisaster
            It never fails to amaze me. This gel is a self opinionated, hedonistic trollop.
            As for tallent...hear her sing with no technological back-up...Trash of the first order.
            B.I.H. Bitch
            Good to see there were some big Geri fans on here back in the day
            i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

The songs are quite nice but the image she projected here is way too campy, I thought it was only about "Bag It Up" and "It's Raining Men" kind of songs which made me not buy it.

Comment

It was a good song... I was fully expecting it to become her 5th #1 in a row, shocked it barely made the Top 10... Geri was good, she should have kept on releasing stuff like Mel C. PS: Strange that her best tune ("Look At Me") was the only single from her debut that didn't hit #1 and even stranger that her worst tune (her tuneless version of IRM) was her only single to spend more than 1 week at the top

EDIT: Oh I just realized the topic is for the album and not the single... oh well
                jio CHARTS NOW: 28/9/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10472377

Comment

Very surprising that after mega hit, this didnt make much attention like debut. Title single was a good, also calling was good ballad. I didnt understand why it underperformed

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonzola View Post
                    Very surprising that after mega hit, this didnt make much attention like debut. Title single was a good, also calling was good ballad. I didnt understand why it underperformed
                    Most solo Spice albums underperformed really - only Geri and Mel C’s first solo albums did any real business.

I think with this album, Geri lost interest once the title track failed to hit #1 - she says as much in her autobiography and as big a hit as It’s Raining Men was for her, she was convinced to add it to the album at the last minute - and its everything the actual album isn’t, meaning any attempts to develop as an artist was lost because the audience.

I’ve always found it odd that the planned original lead single - Feels Like Sex - never happened. You’d think after IRM they’d just deliver RHT campaign as intended, but evidently not.

Geri was actually pretty ill during this era too. Her bulimia was back in a serious way and she basically checked out after Calling (which also missed #1). Health wise, 2002 was a big make or break year for her.
                    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post

Most solo Spice albums underperformed really - only Geri and Mel C’s first solo albums did any real business.

I think with this album, Geri lost interest once the title track failed to hit #1 - she says as much in her autobiography and as big a hit as It’s Raining Men was for her, she was convinced to add it to the album at the last minute - and its everything the actual album isn’t, meaning any attempts to develop as an artist was lost because the audience.

I’ve always found it odd that the planned original lead single - Feels Like Sex - never happened. You’d think after IRM they’d just deliver RHT campaign as intended, but evidently not.

Geri was actually pretty ill during this era too. Her bulimia was back in a serious way and she basically checked out after Calling (which also missed #1). Health wise, 2002 was a big make or break year for her.
                      They also didnt release its raining men in us. Whatever else they had to release 4th single

Comment

Working...
                      X