Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grooveboy
    How's "Maneater" doing in US?
    It reached #16 last week (its peak), and fell now to #19 ..

Comment

Say It Right will be a big hit!! If only it was also the 3d European single :(

Comment

Originally posted by Frederic
        Originally posted by grooveboy
        How's "Maneater" doing in US?
        It reached #16 last week (its peak), and fell now to #19 ..
        That's kinda disappointing considering it's well worthy of Top10 but suppose that's America for ya. It's really caught up in RnB/Hip Hop. A Top20 placing for it is good though, least it hasn't been a major flop. Hopefully Say It Right will go Top10 though and help the album go Platinum.

As for the video, from that clip it looks promising...for some reason she's reverted back to her old look slightly - I don't mean long jeans, 2 buns in the hair lol, but it's a different kind of sexy that wasn't in Maneater or Promiscuous' vids. She looked so different at the EMA's lol.

Comment

looks like a good video. as long as its better than the videos for Maneater Promiscuous And All Good Things I Dont Mind

Comment

Originally posted by Breathe
            Originally posted by kushi
            Watch the teaser trailer for Say It Right.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait!!
            me neither
            It seems to be AMAZING !!!!

Comment

yeah, her videos from "Loose" are very interesting

Comment

the.cover.is.pretty.good

Comment

Posted on Nelly's myspace page.

Originally posted by Thriller
                  Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

Looks stunning and a perfect theme
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Video Premiere has been postponed to THURSDAY!

Comment

That's strange, since it's already available on YouTube

The video

Comment

looooooooove it! the video premiered! Nelly rocksª!

My Music Blog

http://kevipodmusic.blogspot.com/

Comment

i am confused

1st single - maneater
                            2nd single - promiscuous
                            3rd single - all good things / say it right ?

:-?

Comment

Ooohh... I like this.

I also like "All Good Things..." so I don't really mind which gets released first.
                              "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

I love this, one of my instant favourites. The video is nice - I'm sure the choreography would've looked more effective if the audio was in sync on YouTube
                                You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

Not what i expected(Video) but good none the less!Would have liked it if they done something more with the choreography,was expecting something like the Are You That Somebody video by Aaliyah!

Im not too keen on her fringe,reminds me of Debbie Dingle from Emmerdale

Comment

Great video!

Comment

Debbie Dingle

Comment

Originally posted by Ahahuha
                                        i am confused

1st single - maneater
                                        2nd single - promiscuous
                                        3rd single - all good things / say it right ?

:-?
                                        "All Good Things(Come To An End)" is her 3rd single Overseas. North, Central & South America get "Say It Right" as the 3rd single.

Comment

South America are getting Te Busque as the next single.

Comment

I kinda expected an "Are You That Somebody" with this video to so I am a bit let down, but the song is no doubt HAWT.
                                            WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
                                            All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

For those who are confused, MTV News clears things up, although its not that hard to understand.

Originally posted by MTV News
                                              Nelly Furtado got too hot with her "Promiscuous" and "Maneater" videos, so now she's trying to cool down — by drenching herself with water in her next two clips.

"My friends make fun of me whenever water's pouring down on anyone, like I like to spend my spare time being wet," laughed the singer, who spoke on the phone from Portugal. "It's going to be my thing now."

Furtado shot the videos for "All Good Things (Come to an End)" and "Say It Right" back to back, with the latter premiering on "TRL" Monday (November 6). (Click here to see Nelly's moody and rain-soaked "Say It Right" video.) Stylistically, they couldn't be more different — apart from the waterworks. "All Good Things," which is featured on her album Loose as a duet with Coldplay's Chris Martin (see "Chris Martin Covers Jay-Z — And Other Scenes From Nelly Furtado's Loose"), finds Furtado frolicking with a male model in Puerto Rico, with lush landscapes of waves and trees interspersed throughout the love story. "There's a wet make-out scene, though we're not really making out," Furtado said. "It's very tropical and romantic. It reminds me of old Sarah McLachlan videos, it has that element of art to it. It's kind of like cinema."

But the moodier "Say It Right" features Furtado as more of a superstar and less a relatable romantic lead. She's a cross between a supermodel and a rock star, posing for glamour shots while waiting for her helicopter to take her away. "It's my first action thing, since '[I'm] Like a Bird' anyway," the singer said. "I have my own helicopter landing pad, and I take off and come back. It's a total rock-star moment. It's so iconic."

The directors, upcoming U.K. duo Rankin & Chris, wanted Furtado to be even more of a rock star. They asked her to wear a leather jacket for the scene, but she wanted to glam it up instead. "I was like, 'No way. If I'm going to come off a helicopter, I want to wear a hot dress,' " she said. "That's what makes it cooler. When I did the EMAs in Copenhagen, I decided to wear the most difficult gown possible onstage, so it would bring out an extra edge in me."

And where "All Good Things" reminds her of old McLachlan clips, "Say It Right" takes Furtado further back, to old Eurythmics videos, thanks to how she and Timabland interact. "The shots of Tim and me reminds me of the strange relationship Annie [Lennox] and Dave [Stewart] had, where ... you get this intense vibe from it. And Tim and me, we're partners, we vibe on a serious creative level, so the video captures that energy.

"It's all a throwback to the '80s," she laughed. "Like, the more surreal side."

Comment

how many videos will she do for this album...
                                                Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
                                                2. Ugly Betty
                                                3. Six Degrees

Comment

Well, one for each single she releases. It's quite obvious isn't it?

Comment

Fantastic video!
                                                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

loves it!!

Nelly looks GREAT

i hope Say It Right will get a release over here too,
                                                      Blu Cantrell - "S.O.S." (Tell Me Where You At)

Comment

I think the video's good, but a couple of things:

1) what is the point of Timbaland in this one? Honestly...all he does is mime this one word or noise, I don't even know what it is but basically he stands there and raises his eyebrows and that's it.

2) I expected her to go into some kinda dance routine with the 3 dancers which isn't really Nelly but I'd love it to have happened. It wudda been great if she livened it up a bit with a routine.

Overall good though, really liked the helicopter and launchpad thing.

Comment

The video is great, but -

1) Timbaland should not be in the video

2) I'm not too keen on helicopter landing pad idea with her name on it.

But, she looks great with the fringe!
                                                          LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

#100 on iTunes
                                                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X