Mariah Carey - E=MC²

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chilled View Post
    It's certainly no secret that Migrate should have been the second single. It was such an obvious choice, that I just can't believe they didn't go with it
    With the TMB hype, Mariah beating Elvis, bish looking hot af, and Migrate being this massive bop, the song probably should have debuted at #1.

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    Why don’t people like O.O.C? Issa bop
    I love O.O.C.

"So s'cusa me, te quiero mucho papi"

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
    her most commercial-sounding album

filled with so many potential singles
    Yep.
    Basically almost all the tracks have single potential.

TMB
    Migrate
    IBLULT
    I'm That Chick (The Hills arrangement)
    Side Effects

She could have collected AT LEAST one more #1 and some Top 5/10 hits.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
      Whenever I want to introduce anyone to her music, I always start with this
      I used to start with Butterfly, then TEOM or Daydream and then Emotions.

Now I would start with Caution.

Comment

• Wow, [MENTION=37273]Shaka[/MENTION] is all over the thread.
        She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Yeah, had they stuck w/the obvious single choices from the album, this would've been massive.
          Sold like 2.5 ww. Would've sold like 2m in the USA alone and like 3.5/4m WW.

01. TMB
          02. Migrate
          03. Side effects
          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• My faves from EMC2 are TMB, ISIL, Last Kiss, FTR.

Comment

• Cruise Control slays hard. Actually is one of Mariah's best fun songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulwieboo View Post
                Cruise Control slays hard. Actually is one of Mariah's best fun songs
                True. It could have been a single in summer 2009: "2009... watch it!"
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• The potential in E=mC. This album is the fun mariah album and full lf bops that needed to be released. Wished yhe 2nd single was a bop
                  Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulwieboo View Post
                    Cruise Control slays hard. Actually is one of Mariah's best fun songs
                    I love that song!

The ballads on Einstein are quite weak, but bish served BOPS for days.

Comment

• 11 Years Ago today....

Comment

• One of my favorite albums of her. It could’ve been a lot bigger with the right single choices.
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          11 Years Ago today....

How much was the debut figures? I thought TEOM was her highest selling first week album?
                          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
                            How much was the debut figures? I thought TEOM was her highest selling first week album?
                            463,000 copies. TEOM sold 404,000 copies.

It also had the third biggest first week sales by a female artist that year behind Taylor Swift‘s ”Fearless“ (592,000) and Britney’s ”Circus“ (505,000).
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                              463,000 copies. TEOM sold 404,000 copies.

It also had the third biggest first week sales by a female artist that year behind Taylor Swift‘s ”Fearless“ (592,000) and Britney’s ”Circus“ (505,000).
                              This was before ticket-bundling was a thing right ... Huge numbers though!

Comment

• Still love the whole album.

Comment

TEOM was the Highest and then E=MC2 took the spot with more than TEOM. Both were in the 400K much more though
                                  Underneath The Stars

Comment

• A fierce timeless classic

Mariah blessed track after track with dem full midrange vocals, serving buttery TONE from start to finish

None of the songs except IWYW called for showy lead vocals, but with Einstein, there was a will, and there was a way, so Queen belted dem adlibs into Earth orbit, her G4 left shaking on the tarmac

Migrate and Side Effects should have been singles over Bye Bye and I Stay In Love

We love the breezy disco of ITC and live for the vocal arrangement from The Hills performance

Some chose to forget Last Kiss with its sensual Purple Rain inspired melodies and the best vocals on the whole album, but not me, not Quincy Jones

IBLULT is pure joy, OOC is a modern Fantasy, Cruise Control the reggae banger we never knew we needed, Thanx
                                    4 Nothin’ a gorgeous forelorn guitar moment and FTR pure ethereal lust that make me feel some type of way

4Real4Real? Issa vibe

E=MC2, we love, appreciate, and enjoy you, you’re so fun to spend time with
                                    Last edited by allygdale; Mon April 15th, 2019, 20:41.
                                    #CAUTION

Comment

• Such a great and fun album overall. But every time I remember the era with all the wrong single choices, I can't help but feel sad with all the missed opportunities.
                                      DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                        A fierce timeless classic

Mariah blessed track after track with dem full midrange vocals, serving buttery TONE from start to finish

None of the songs except IWYW called for showy lead vocals, but with Einstein, there was a will, and there was a way, so Queen belted dem adlibs into Earth orbit, her G4 left shaking on the tarmac

Migrate and Side Effects should have been singles over Bye Bye and I Stay In Love

We love the breezy disco of ITC and live for the vocal arrangement from The Hills performance

Some chose to forget Last Kiss with its sensual Purple Rain inspired melodies and the best vocals on the whole album, but not me, not Quincy Jones

IBLULT is pure joy, OOC is a modern Fantasy, Cruise Control the reggae banger we never knew we needed, Thanx
                                        4 Nothin’ a gorgeous forelorn guitar moment and FTR pure ethereal lust that make me feel some type of way

4Real4Real? Issa vibe

One of my absolute favorite album. Perfect from beginning to end (for me).
                                        Plus 2008 was a great time for me, and of course, the whole feeling is just incredible for me!!!
                                        Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                          With the TMB hype, Mariah beating Elvis, bish looking hot af, and Migrate being this massive bop, the song probably should have debuted at #1.
                                          The song debuted on the Hot 100 the same week the album debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 so it wouldn't have debuted at #1. However, I do agree that this would have been her 19th #1. T-Pain was also popular during that time.
                                          DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                            My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                            Forever and always!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                              A fierce timeless classic

4Real4Real? Issa vibe

+1
                                              https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                                                Without ANY streaming points involved!

A true legend accomplishing such a feat 18 years into her career.

Comment

Without ANY streaming points involved!

A true legend accomplishing such a feat 18 years into her career.
                                                  Huh? Streaming is what killed sales And they just made up arbitrary ratios to approximate that if people were buying instead of streaming how much sales that would be. But streaming will never =/= sales.

And to out things into perspective E rode on the huge TEOM success. Memoirs didn't fare that well following E despite still being in a sales market.
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                    Huh? Streaming is what killed sales And they just made up arbitrary ratios to approximate that if people were buying instead of streaming how much sales that would be. But streaming will never =/= sales.
                                                    I mean to say that she did those numbers without any help from streaming back then.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X