Mariah Carey - E=MC²

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
    I mean to say that she did those numbers without any help from streaming back then.
    And I'm telling you streaming is what killed sales and considering you're updating her streaming numbers you should know streaming isn't a strong side for her.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
      And I'm telling you streaming is what killed sales and considering you're updating her streaming numbers you should know streaming isn't a strong side for her.
      Right now obviously streaming doesn't favour her but who knows what numbers she might've pulled if streaming does exist during that time?
      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Right now obviously streaming doesn't favour her but who knows what numbers she might've pulled if streaming does exist during that time?
        Well that's a pointless talk to have.

E did great OW back then. No need to remotely mention streaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
          Well that's a pointless talk to have.

E did great OW back then. No need to remotely mention streaming.
          I understand where you're coming from. Cool.
          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• e=mc2 is something sublime, something Mariah must've dreamt of...
            https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• It's kinda like a sequel to TEOM.

Comment

It's kinda like a sequel to TEOM.
                Only that it’s better
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                  Only that it’s better
                  I think they shouldn't be compared, but what a strike.
                  https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

It's kinda like a sequel to TEOM.
                    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                    Only that it’s better
                    Her Empire Strike Back. The Dark Knight. Terminator 2. The Godfather Part 2. E=MC2

Comment

• This is the type of album that would do well in streaming. I think all the songs are very audience friendly.

Comment

• Deserves more #1 singles ... or at least a few top 10s.

Comment

• crossed the 100m on Spotify today - 100,026,014

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                            crossed the 100m on Spotify today - 100,026,014
                            As it should
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• CRUISE Control still goes off

Comment

• This album is crack

Comment

• This remains her freshest album after "Caution".
                                  You ain't gotta break down,
                                  YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueScorpion View Post
                                    This remains her freshest album after "Caution".
                                    "Lift up your head
                                    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Maybe I should revisit, but I've only liked about half of this album. I do enjoy that it gave us our first post-Glitter glimpse of Discoriah; "That Chick" is the business!
                                      The sands of time fade into dark
                                      Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                      A message to madness
                                      Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                                        Maybe I should revisit, but I've only liked about half of this album. I do enjoy that it gave us our first post-Glitter glimpse of Discoriah; "That Chick" is the business!
                                        It's a very straightforward album. I know that at the time a LOT of lambs disliked it because there were no adlibs on adlibs on multi layered backings.
                                        Much like "Caution" this album is very stripped back vocally, the big difference is the production I guess.
                                        "Caution" gave her a chance to ride on some atmospheric, spacey and occasionally even experimental beats, her vocals and the production really worked on this album.
                                        With "E-mc2" it was just her dealing with a very bare and at times cold production, but the actual songs were strong enough to stand up.
                                        I do feel like "Caution" was her rectifying "E". All the things that album lacked, she set straight on this album.
                                        "Lift up your head
                                        Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                          It's a very straightforward album. I know that at the time a LOT of lambs disliked it because there were no adlibs on adlibs on multi layered backings.
                                          Much like "Caution" this album is very stripped back vocally, the big difference is the production I guess.
                                          "Caution" gave her a chance to ride on some atmospheric, spacey and occasionally even experimental beats, her vocals and the production really worked on this album.
                                          With "E-mc2" it was just her dealing with a very bare and at times cold production, but the actual songs were strong enough to stand up.
                                          I do feel like "Caution" was her rectifying "E". All the things that album lacked, she set straight on this album.
                                          My problem wasn't with the lack of adlibs or the occasional chilliness of the production---I rather like the general "ear candy" sound of the album. It was that it really seemed like MC was more consciously going after the youth market, giving it a kind of kiddie vibe (Fellas be grabbin at us like, yo? Eternally 12, indeed....) that I never fully warmed to and consider a step backward from the sophistication of Charmbracelet and TEOM. Or at least, it was not a step forward. Maybe I was just hoping she'd build on the soulful likes of "Subtle Invitation," "I Wish You Knew" and "Circles" rather than more nakedly trying to recapture "We Belong Together" glory on the wan, colorless likes "Buh Bye" and "Love Story". Actually, pretty much none of the ballads on E=MC2 work me; when they play, my ears become teflon, nothing sticks. But I do like the mid-tempo bops.

And I'd agree Caution has a similar "ear candy" sound to it. The production is similarly sleek and buffed so that every element has a sheen to it. On the whole, though, it has more mature feeling that E generally lacked. It does in many ways feel like a corrective.
                                          The sands of time fade into dark
                                          Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                          A message to madness
                                          Feel music that's realness

Comment

• This album definitely tried to bring her back to the young crowd. She even performed at one episode of The Hills during this era. It was pretty much her Rainbow moment in the 2000s.

Comment

• I think it’s so much better TEOM. There I said it.

Comment

• It didn’t have to bring it her back to the young crowd because TEOM already did that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Comment

• the production of this album is superb...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X