Jennifer Lopez - Brave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all due respek, over time,

1. She's become a good dancer! (Ballroom suits her best though).
    2. Her beats are good.
    3. She cant sing to save her life! Even after 4 albums!

I see her chart success and albums sales success related to the fact that she:

1. Is marketing material (looks, @$$, body, ethnicity)
    2. Has good beats
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I have to diagree. She can sing. But Rebirth was a crap album however.
      "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

Comment

Yeah, I was reading about the ska/pop thing last night. Sounds ace.

Do people honestly think she can't sing! It's pointless to compare her to Whitney/Bey/Alicia as others have but she's got a lovely voice.

Comment

I liked "On The 6", a lot! "If You Had My Love" was once of those instant singles, you could just love, from the first time you heard it. At least that was the case, for me.

That is probably still my favourite J-Lo track!
          "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

No she shouldnt be compared to them of course and no she is not the worst singer out there but its fair to say she's among the bottom half in terms of singing.

Comment

I'd put her about Band 5 out of 10, with Kelly, Brooke, Mashonda but below your Teairra's, Ashanti's though. But she has something to her in the voice that other would be deemed bad singers don't in that she just sounds happy!

Comment

Kelly who?

Originally posted by Tripped
                I'd put her about Band 5 out of 10, with Kelly, Brooke, Mashonda but below your Teairra's, Ashanti's though. But she has something to her in the voice that other would be deemed bad singers don't in that she just sounds happy!

Comment

Originally posted by naughtynae
                  Kelly who?

Rowland.

Proceed with the "But Kelly has an amazing range..."

Comment

Im mortified at that statement Jlo and kelly rowland on same level vocally? Its not about kelly having an amazing range its about her having one period, as opposed to being able to sing one octave only. And also Kelly has proven to be a good live performer and dont mention dancing cause DC danced and sung live all the time

Kelly who?

Rowland.

Comment

Im mortified at that statement Jlo and kelly rowland on same level vocally? Its not about kelly having an amazing range its about her having one period, as opposed to being able to sing one octave only. And also Kelly has proven to be a good live performer and dont mention dancing cause DC danced and sung live all the time

Kelly who?

Rowland.

OK, I respect your opinion.

Comment

I respect you respecting my opinion lol

Kelly who?

Rowland.

OK, I respect your opinion.

Comment

i like jlo!

Comment

Originally posted by cortez
                            i like jlo!
                            me2!!!! shes cool and her musics good 2

Comment

Originally posted by lenor
                              isn't she pregnant??!!
                              Not looking very pregnant in todays paper. So me thinks the music is the prioroty now - one last album before the next step? And then she's got one helluva greatest hits on her hands!

Comment

I love Jennifer Lopez. I think she's classy. She's a great performer. I like her voice. And I always look forward to her albums, they've mostly been very enjoyable.

Comment

Oh i forgot to mention she is the epitomy of sexy.

Comment

» Some very exciting news! Jennifer Lopez's much anticipated Spanish album "Como Ama Una Mujer" will be released in October already! The first single which is yet to be announced will be hitting radio stations this month.
                                    The Album Photoshoot will take place on Monday (4Sept) and Tuesday(5Sept)!

We'll keep you updated...

Finally after she's been working for almost 3 years on this Album it's finally being released! I can't wait to hear it! It's produced by Estefano who also worked with Shakira on her spanish work!

here are some quotes regarding this album!

"You will be surprised with this Jennifer's album," Estefano says. "You will be surprised when you hear her vocals. These are big songs that require a voice. Jennifer will prove her critics wrong."
                                    "It's a very special project, a passion project," Lopez told MTV Europe. "Nobody asked me to do it. I just started making Spanish music. I met Estéfano and he's just a brilliant writer, and we started writing these songs, and Marc Anthony started producing them, trying to find the right sound for me. Marc kind of created the sound and found the music, Estéfano has come up with the songs, and I know when to step back and let two masters work, you know what I mean?...".

Comment

The girl should stick to what she's good at, that's why Rebirth was poo!

She makes great pop tunes but when she tries to pass herself as an artist with street cred and vocal ability, she fails miserably.

Her J-Lo album was good because that sound suits her

Comment

Originally posted by Imko
                                        » Some very exciting news! Jennifer Lopez's much anticipated Spanish album "Como Ama Una Mujer" will be released in October already! The first single which is yet to be announced will be hitting radio stations this month.
                                        The Album Photoshoot will take place on Monday (4Sept) and Tuesday(5Sept)!

We'll keep you updated...

Finally after she's been working for almost 3 years on this Album it's finally being released! I can't wait to hear it! It's produced by Estefano who also worked with Shakira on her spanish work!

here are some quotes regarding this album!

[quote:nwxln34j]"You will be surprised with this Jennifer's album," Estefano says. "You will be surprised when you hear her vocals. These are big songs that require a voice. Jennifer will prove her critics wrong."
                                        "It's a very special project, a passion project," Lopez told MTV Europe. "Nobody asked me to do it. I just started making Spanish music. I met Estéfano and he's just a brilliant writer, and we started writing these songs, and Marc Anthony started producing them, trying to find the right sound for me. Marc kind of created the sound and found the music, Estéfano has come up with the songs, and I know when to step back and let two masters work, you know what I mean?...".
                                        [/quote:nwxln34j]

PROGRESS... FINALLY!! Wooooooooooooo!

Comment

I know right! I am so happy that this project is finaly come to it's release! I hope that the track with Pharrel will be the first single

Comment

Jennifer will be working with Reefa (The Game - One Blood) & Develop (Lil Wayne - Fireman) on next year's album!

Comment

Jennifer will be working with Reefa (The Game - One Blood) & Develop (Lil Wayne - Fireman) on next year's album!

Booo! Go back to pop Jlo!

Comment

Originally posted by mykka

Booo! Go back to pop Jlo!
                                                Ditto! Dont get all "ghetto" wid us Ms Lopez!
                                                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Update:
                                                  An other producer for Jen Album from MTV.com Jonathan "J.R." Rotem
                                                  Dec 19 2006
                                                  This year alone, Rotem has worked with Rihanna ("S.O.S." ) , Rick Ross ("Push It" ) and the Game ("The Doctor's Advocate," "California Vacation" ) . His latest projects include new tracks by Jennifer Lopez, JoJo, Mya, Natasha Bedingfield, Ashley Tisdale and Jesse McCartney.

-----------------------------------------------------
                                                  All about the jlo new english album...

News:
                                                  (06-02-2006)
                                                  Miami-based production team The Blackout Movement have created hard-hitting beats for a host of hip-hop artists, including Bun B, Ja Rule and Dipset Besides judging Battlerap.com's upcoming competition, the beatmakers are also currently working on new releases for Cam'ron, Pitbull, UGK and Jennifer Lopez - making them Players to Watch for in 2006.
                                                  (18-04-2006)
                                                  The singer said her follow-up will be a ska-tinged pop album, and spoke highly of former ska-pop queen Gwen Stefani. "Women who've started their own trends, who don't care what other people are thinking ... I admire Gwen Stefani's style and Madonna's. Those two have blazed their own trails." Meanwhile, Lopez has revised the dates for her upcoming international tour. She's nixed shows in Mumbai, India, and Istanbul, Turkey, and has added one in Sofia, Bulgaria, on May 2
                                                  (25-08-2006)
                                                  Also keeping Swizz busy with his beats is Jennifer Lopez, who's working with the producer on her upcoming ska-pop album. "It's coming out incredible," he said. "We're putting together some great things, and not what everyone's expecting. Think a little Jamiroquai, a little Sade. It's real feel-good music." ...
                                                  (15-09-2006)
                                                  Sean Garrett is an incredible talent, and yes, he and I have formed a partnership to change the game. We have projects we are currently working on from J. Lo to Eve, Beyoncé; to Cassidy."
                                                  (22-09-2006)
                                                  And my English album, I'm halfway through it right now.
                                                  (28-09-2006)
                                                  Solange Knowles-Smith. She was due later at Music World/Sanctuary's studios to work on a song for Jennifer Lopez.
                                                  (29-09-2006)
                                                  Lopez is also rumored to be working on her fifth English-language studio album, with producers Swizz Beats, Timbaland, and Jermaine Dupri due to be released in Spring 2007.
                                                  (11-10-2006)
                                                  In addition to working with Bone, Swizz is also currently collaborating on The Game's album The Doctor's Advocate as well as working with J.Lo, Marc Anthony, Gwen Stefani and projects for his Full Surface artists Eve and Cassidy.
                                                  (19-12-2006)
                                                  This year alone, Rotem has worked with Rihanna ("S.O.S." ) , Rick Ross ("Push It" ) and the Game ("The Doctor's Advocate," "California Vacation" ) . His latest projects include new tracks by Jennifer Lopez

Producers:
                                                  The Blackout Movement
                                                  Jonathan "J.R." Rotem
                                                  Jermaine Dupri
                                                  Swizz Beatz
                                                  Timbaland
                                                  David A. Stewart (?)
                                                  Corey Rooney (?)

Writers:
                                                  Sean Garrett
                                                  Solange Knowles-Smith

BMI Unreleased tracks:
                                                  WHEN YOU SEE ME produced by David A. Stewart
                                                  UNKNOWN produced by Cory Rooney

ASCAP Unreleased tracks:
                                                  I CAN GET HIM BACK produced by Timbaland
                                                  IN MY LIFE produced by Timbaland
                                                  MAKE IT POP produced by Timbaland [/b]

Comment

I'll admit, J-Lo gets a lot of flack from the media, and she isn't the greatest singer, ever. BUT, she show knows how to pick her singles.

Every track she's ever released, have been really-good, if you ask me. If You Had My Love is still my favourite!
                                                    "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

Working...
                                                    X