No announcement yet.

Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't think this sold so much in the UK so far.Hopefully it doesn't fall off the charts next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKMusicLova
      From Music Week:

'In terms of a percentage sales increase, Amazon said that US soul singer Janelle Monae saw the biggest benefit of appearing at Glastonbury, with a 4,928% sales uplift for her album The ArchAndroid following her performance over the weekend.'
      YYYEEEESSSS!!

Comment

• It's a shame that most people will only discover her through this album, there's nothing on it as good as the songs on her first EP The Chase. Plus loads of the lyrics won't make sense without listening to the first part!

Comment

• Up to #58 in the UK this week.

Comment

• The Archandroid debuted at No. 20 on the Australian Urban Chart last week and stays there this week.
            Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• iTunes Denmark:
              #25 The ArchAndroid

She sang at the biggest festival on its biggest stage in Denmark yesterday

Comment

• Anyone could provide an estimation of worldwide sales for the "ArchAndroid"? I hope it's at least 500K! This album deserved much more success! I hope she could go mainstream with her follow uP!

Comment

• It's a modern masterpiece, I always compare the album to Outkast's Love Below.

Comment

• I also read this comparison somewhere... Is Outkast's album, which got Album Of The Year btw, on par with The Archandroid?

The album has some really nice tunes and the concept is great, though the last few tracks lack a bit...
                    Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
                      which got Album Of The Year btw
                      Got it where?

Comment

• The Grammys ...

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Oh, I don't pay attention to award shows.
                          Both albums are masterpieces.

Comment

• It’s #13 on Slant Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

13. Janelle Monáe, The ArchAndroid (Suites II and III of IV)
                            What with the pompadour and skinny ties (and matching uniforms for the band) and the James-Brown-by-way-of-Prince-by-way-of-Andre3000 gimmickry, Janelle Monáe’s kooky act at first seemed like an elaborate put-on. But the whole of The ArchAndroid, with its fearless, forward-thinking vision of contemporary rock and R&B and its twitchy sci-fi imagery, proved otherwise. Girl gets real damn weird with it, but the confidence and swagger with which she shouts, “I used to believe there was something wrong with me!” in the middle of “Cold War” proves that Monáe is comfortable in her most peculiar skin. Keefe
                            https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                            X