- Best Urban/Alternative Performance

LITTLE ONE Bilal
    F*** YOU Cee Lo Green
    ORION Carolyn Malachi
    TIGHTROPE Janelle Mone & Big Boi
    STILL Eric Roberson

I hope she'll will them!

Comment

• wow only girl in the album category!!! I will see her next week live in concert!!!!!!!!!!
      Life tastes better with music
      Instagram: DC34ever

Comment

• She definitely deserves the album nod - the other albums don't come close to Janelle. Esp R. Leslies. Why on earth his album is nominated sooo long after it was released and was pretty weak tbh.

Comment

• She deserves to win. The others aren't even close to this album.

Comment

• Saw janelle on Monday and she was totally amazing , so underrated .

Comment

• Saw her on Monday in Manchester

Faster/Locked inside
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SvLhtfQ504

Smile
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RR-E275Q84

Tightrope (snippet)
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smRWHgfzQ5g

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae
                did we just post at the same time !!

Comment

• Originally posted by arronlei
                  Originally posted by naughtynae
                  did we just post at the same time !!

hahaha yeah! How weird!

Comment

• I didn't realise she was playing the Academy until Monday morning, by which it was too late to organise anything - gutted. So thanks for sharing the vids!!

Comment

• Aww you're welcome she's back there on 28th February but this time at the bigger academy (as opposed to academy 2). I'm sooo there she left me speechless! Incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae
                        Aww you're welcome she's back there on 28th February but this time at the bigger academy (as opposed to academy 2). I'm sooo there she left me speechless! Incredible.
                        omfg - thanks for telling me!! Yay I can see her now!!! Love it when my faves come to Manchester!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus
                          She definitely deserves the album nod - the other albums don't come close to Janelle. Esp R. Leslies. Why on earth his album is nominated sooo long after it was released and was pretty weak tbh.
                          Leslie's Transition is the only other album (after Janelle of course) to be worth hearing at all. The rest is pure garbage. I don't know how come that albums these bad are nominated for anything with "best" in its name... :|
                          O x . x X o x . x o X
                          ~ Drei Variationen on Hugs & Kisses

Comment

• I like Usher and Chris Brown but to put them in the running next to Janelle is a complete joke. I can't say I love this album, because I don't, but it's pretty much a given that she's fantastic and the album is leagues above those..

Comment

• Originally posted by so_done
                              Originally posted by Thombus
                              She definitely deserves the album nod - the other albums don't come close to Janelle. Esp R. Leslies. Why on earth his album is nominated sooo long after it was released and was pretty weak tbh.
                              Leslie's Transition is the only other album (after Janelle of course) to be worth hearing at all. The rest is pure garbage. I don't know how come that albums these bad are nominated for anything with "best" in its name... :|
                              LOL, I agree there given the other options. I much preferred Ryan's self titled as opposed to Transition, as Transition seemed to be rushed out and there was no growth from the former. But still, Janelle outshines him by miles!

Comment

• Just currently listening to this album for the first time. It's absolutely amazing! How is this not getting more attention on here?

It's like a throwback to princes hey day meshed with so many different music genres. It's very clever.
                                Ill just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!

Comment

• It's amazing. Deserves the Grammy.

Comment

• I finally heard this album this week.

I feel as if she was a tad pressured to ease into genre with much of the material on it, as most of the material isn't as brilliant as Violet Stars... Happy Hunting, Sincerely Jane and others.

I can't say this album is transcendent, but I am glad that she finally saw release. Wondaland is a highlight for me.
                                    Reminiscing about life with smokey eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by fercho34
                                      It's amazing. Deserves the Grammy.
                                      deserves more than 1!
                                      "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Wahoo! Just got tickets to the Birmingham gig in Feb. Only 18 quid!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn
                                          Wahoo! Just got tickets to the Birmingham gig in Feb. Only 18 quid!
                                          Your in for a treat!

Comment

• To think I only discovered this woman on Tuesday. I'm already obsessed

Comment

• Finally got a chance to buy this album for a reasonable price! Such a masterpiece

Any word on a new single? So far only 'Tightrope' and 'Cold War' have been released, right? And wasn't 'Come Alive (The War Of The Roses') a promo single?
                                              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• This needs a rerelease/relaunch.

After several days of profuse listening. I have to agree with some reviews that say the suite 3 isn't as consistent as the first part of the album. Still it's artistry is still above and beyond most other material being released currently.

Comment

• It's pretty much confirmed that she's gonna do 'Tightrope' at The Grammys as a medley with B.o.B & Bruno Mars.

Jagger and Saadiq join previously announced performers and nominees Arcade Fire, Eminem, Lady Antebellum, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, Muse, and Katy Perry; nominees Justin Bieber and Usher, with Jaden Smith; nominees B.o.B, Bruno Mars and Janelle Mone; nominees Drake and Rihanna; and nominee Cee Lo Green, with Gwyneth Paltrow and the Jim Henson Company Puppets.

Comment

• What an amazing performance last night! Janelle killed it
                                                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X