Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination

    MTV news says their second album is in the works. ;)

  • #2
    Hope its as good as the debut album!
    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

    Comment


    • #3
      I want to say....Already??? but looking at the timeline and the talent involved, I guess now's the right time.

      I couldn't see myself buying their material, but their first album was pretty decent.

      Anyone heard the original version of Don't Cha? Some chick put it out about a year before PCD in the US 0but her label scrapped her album.
      Aaliyah....Aaliyah....WAKE UP!!!
      EnVogue....Where the hell ya at??
      Chante Moore...marry me!

      Comment


      • #4
        I got tickets to see them and Rihanna in January, hopefully they'll have some of the new stuff to preview

        Comment


        • #5
          Blah, the PCD's are straight up pop, nothing RnB about them...I've never bought a PCD CD, and i only hope they take the initiative to allow more than one girl scream on the CD this time around....

          Comment


          • #6
            However, I disagree - PCD HAS done R 'n' B stuff. By TODAY'S standards, a lot of R 'n' B is hip-hop. Thus, "Don't Cha," "Buttons," and "Beep" qualify.

            Comment


            • #7
              Source: http://top40.about.com/od/pussycatdolls ... _Dolls.htm

              The album will be released after Nic's solo debut.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Thombus
                Blah, the PCD's are straight up pop, nothing RnB about them...I've never bought a PCD CD, and i only hope they take the initiative to allow more than one girl scream on the CD this time around....
                Collaborating with Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg and Will.I.Am is a pretty R&B thing to do I'd say. Granted it's pop-R&B, but the Pussycat Dolls certainly do have that R&B edge, and surely you can distinguish their sound from a pop group like Girls Aloud.

                And if you're talking about Nicole, considering she's got an incredible voice and the rest are mainly dancers, it's fairly appropriate that she's the lead singer isn't it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MTV News
                  and Dolls leader Scherzinger is working on her springtime solo debut, which will reportedly feature assists from such songwriters/producers as Akon, Timbaland, Will.I.Am, Sean Garrett and Polow Da Don.
                  Originally posted by Thriller
                  Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Pussycat Dolls - New Album

                    Originally posted by Aurelia
                    MTV news says their second album is in the works. ;)
                    About time!
                    Got a knife throwing kind of love
                    But your silence cuts the deepest

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think Nicole is going solo way too fast...
                      People may be fed up with the dolls right now, with 5 singles in a year. If she flops, it will be harder to release another solo effort, and she will be a doll forever.

                      Good luck anyway.

                      I'M NOT A HATER THANK U !
                      This is the last word, this is the last time.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You aren't a hater, because you state your opinion. You were being civilized and didn't get raunchy with it. That's the way to do it.

                        I hope she's not singing the entire album. I want to see what talent the other ladies possess. The entire lead singer and singing support nonsense went out with girl groups like SWV, Kut Klose, 702, and earlier Destiny's Child.

                        People don't favor that anymore.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nicolefan.com reports:

                          Most of the songs will be recorded in late 2006 and in early 2007. Will.i.am, who worked and peformed on their hit song from PCDcalled "Beep", has confirmed to be starting work on this CD.

                          The Dolls in an interview with a German teen magazine called "Yam" have also confirmed working on this album. The Dolls have also stated that they they would like to work with an older singer such as Prince or Kanye West.

                          It has been confirmed that all the dolls will each have some solo spots on this album although main vocals will come from Nicole Scherzinger, Carmit Bachar and Melody Thorton

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sounds very interesting! It'll be intriguing to see if they can recreate the success of their debut. Plus they need to leave it until the Summer here to release again because I think theres been an overload of Pussycat Dolls recently

                            By the way, is Melody of Irish descendence with a surname like Thornton?
                            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by westhammer
                              Sounds very interesting! It'll be intriguing to see if they can recreate the success of their debut. Plus they need to leave it until the Summer here to release again because I think theres been an overload of Pussycat Dolls recently

                              By the way, is Melody of Irish descendence with a surname like Thornton?
                              Apparently one of her parents is Mexican and the other African-American. I wouldn't think Thornton is an Irish name, it sounds more English. And the guy who established Thorntons, the chocolate company, was English. That's random like but just thought it's a point to make :/

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Aurelia
                                Nicolefan.com reports:

                                Most of the songs will be recorded in late 2006 and in early 2007. Will.i.am, who worked and peformed on their hit song from PCDcalled "Beep", has confirmed to be starting work on this CD.

                                The Dolls in an interview with a German teen magazine called "Yam" have also confirmed working on this album. The Dolls have also stated that they they would like to work with an older singer such as Prince or Kanye West.

                                It has been confirmed that all the dolls will each have some solo spots on this album although main vocals will come from Nicole Scherzinger, Carmit Bachar and Melody Thorton

                                I know wikipedia is a iffy source, but now they say Ashley will be doing lead vocals, and that its been confirmed. Where?

                                I know Ashley and Jessica can sing, and Im happy Ashley is getting this chance, but I am starting to believe that Kimberly cant sing...I havent heard her. I think she was chosen on her dancing ability to make the group hot. i mean it worked, but i wonder if she can sing.

                                I want to hear Carmit the most, she's my favorite Doll!
                                Pop music = life

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Confirmed Tracks:

                                  "Work It" (The theme song to their show "The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll") (lead singer is set to be Nicole)
                                  "Rolling With You" (lead singer is set to be Nicole)
                                  "Break Up" (lead singer is set to be Nicole)
                                  "Have It Your Way" (lead singer is set to be Carmit)
                                  "Got My Back" (lead singer is set to be Carmit)
                                  "Charging U" (lead singer is set to be Ashley)
                                  "U R Mine" (lead singer is set to be Melody)
                                  "Turn It On" (lead singers are set to be Nicole & Carmit)
                                  Just read ^that^ on the Popjustice messageboard.

                                  Carmit and Melody sang on the last album, so Ashley is the only new vocal of that lot. I'm looking forward to hearing her voice.

                                  I'm pretty sure it's Kimberley singing after Carmit in this performance of Tainted Love (it's hard to tell with so many blondes on the stage ), so I'd expect to see her getting some solo time too.
                                  You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Thats the best I've seen them live!
                                    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Hype
                                      Thats the best I've seen them live!
                                      Same lol It Was A Great Performance
                                      ...

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by kevin
                                        Anyone heard the original version of Don't Cha? Some chick put it out about a year before PCD in the US 0but her label scrapped her album.
                                        yeah i think i've heard it.. its really dull and boring, and doesnt have that energy that the PCD version has.

                                        im looking forward to new material, i just wish Jessica could sing.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Nicole has already written some songs...they're on tour soon, so they'll probably begin recording afterwards.

                                          http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/154369 ... olls.jhtml

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by child_destinys
                                            Confirmed Tracks:

                                            "Work It" (The theme song to their show "The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll") (lead singer is set to be Nicole)
                                            "Rolling With You" (lead singer is set to be Nicole)
                                            "Break Up" (lead singer is set to be Nicole)
                                            "Have It Your Way" (lead singer is set to be Carmit)
                                            "Got My Back" (lead singer is set to be Carmit)
                                            "Charging U" (lead singer is set to be Ashley)
                                            "U R Mine" (lead singer is set to be Melody)
                                            "Turn It On" (lead singers are set to be Nicole & Carmit)
                                            Just read ^that^ on the Popjustice messageboard.

                                            Carmit and Melody sang on the last album, so Ashley is the only new vocal of that lot. I'm looking forward to hearing her voice.

                                            I'm pretty sure it's Kimberley singing after Carmit in this performance of Tainted Love (it's hard to tell with so many blondes on the stage ), so I'd expect to see her getting some solo time too.

                                            No, that's Kaya Jones (myspace.com/kayajones) when she was blonde and a former Pussycat Doll.
                                            Pop music = life

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              sounds promising.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                This sounds ace!! I wanna hear more from Melody she is fave doll. Her voice is the best cant wait for her to do some solo stuff aswell.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by jamiedazzled
                                                  I got tickets to see them and Rihanna in January, hopefully they'll have some of the new stuff to preview
                                                  u better be infront rows if u want to fully enjoy rihanna's set especially if its a 20 000+ people venue.i saw her twice last year,1st with her and jay-z and the 2nd time(same mnth,same global express world tour,different countries) with jay-z and neyo.she really needs to work on her live perfomances.
                                                  Mutha****ers -
                                                  say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels(bling,bling)!!!!Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X