X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hypnotikwater
    replied
    Originally posted by LetMeLoveU
    well... predictions are gettin worse!!! :-?

sometimes i dont mind flopping albums, sure its bad for the artist, but i know that they made a great album and, well, if people doesnt want to share this, better for me!!! i kind of feel privileged. does this sound weird
    I get what you say.
    I was talking to one of my friends about that the other day. Because we were talking about how I liked M.I.A. a long time ago and 'Paper Planes' shooting her into spotlight. She was saying that she likes listening to more obscure artists because it feels more unique and like a best kept secret kind of thing.
    I kind of get what she's saying because I seem to always root for the underdog and some of my favourite acts are relatively unknown (especially in the UK) or unsuccessful.
    For example; 3LW, Blaque, Keri Hilson, Nicole Scherzinger.
    The problem is that PCD cannot afford to flop because they were big sellers before and are on a major record label. An act of their calibre need to be selling more to ensure they don't get dropped. It's not that bad news though because I think they album sales will pick up. Even if they don't I'm sure interscope would support them for a third album. I think it's actually more down to the members themselves whether or not we'll see a third PCD album.

Leave a comment:

• Vanacoring
    replied
    Originally posted by plunk
    HDD dosent say 60-65k, it sais pussycatdolls are neck and neck with kings of leon at 75-80k
    Yes, plunk. Sorry at all for this error.

Leave a comment:

• plunk
    replied
    HDD dosent say 60-65k, it sais pussycatdolls are neck and neck with kings of leon at 75-80k

Leave a comment:

• LetMeLoveU
    replied
    well... predictions are gettin worse!!! :-?

sometimes i dont mind flopping albums, sure its bad for the artist, but i know that they made a great album and, well, if people doesnt want to share this, better for me!!! i kind of feel privileged. does this sound weird

Leave a comment:

• mykka
    replied
    Anyone have a link to Elevator, Who's Gonna Love You and Whatcha Think About That? I cant find any album link so I only download a few of their songs.

Leave a comment:

• Frederic
    replied

This can't be true.

Leave a comment:

• Vanacoring
    replied
    Now, the album is predicted in the 60-65k range by HDD...

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    I think the slide for album sales in the US is because there has been nothing else since WIGU which was released in July which is ages ago since now.

But 75k in the opening week for an act who had a multi-million selling debut album is absolutely awful, so there's no excusing it.

And Danity Kane sold a lot more than that, which I though PCD were the more popular group in the US, so it doesn't really make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Belgo
    replied
    Originally posted by Luv_Keisha
    However, the group as gotten a lot of stick from the press and their core audience (children) have moved on to someone like Miley. If PCD flops than know doubt in my mind so will Girlicious.
    I don't think Miley Cyrus and The Pussycat Dolls have the same fans. :-?

What kind of parents would buy their 8 year old kid a Pussycat Doll CD?

Leave a comment:

• Merci
    replied
    I blame Nicole!!!!!! :evil:
    this is the effect of her so-called solo career!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hype
    replied
    TBH

I expect bad sales in the UK cos it took me AAAGES to find it in woollies & HMV. our hmv didnt even have it on the new releases section, i had to trawl through the pop rock section for it. and woolier had one row of it underneath a stand with about 20 rows of Kings Of Leon.

AWFUL.

The album is AMAZING though, Ive not stopped listening to it since i got it.

My singles would be

Bottle Pop (Featuring Snoop Dogg)
    When I Grow Up
    Halo
    I Hate This Part
    Magic

or something like that. I think a video for Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps would be a good move, just for music channels... kinda like Sway. just to promote the album more.

Bottle Pop needs to be the new single, or the project will go under i think. WUTAT isnt stong enough for it.

Leave a comment:

• MrFreddyGhost
    replied
    I'm sure the album will sell better.
    As for my opinion on it, I like it, it's ok. I'd give it a 4/5. I mostly like Elevator, Magic, I Hate This Part and When I Grow Up.

Leave a comment:

• Luv_Keisha
    replied
    The album only sold 75k . This comes somewhat of a surprise considering the WIGU got a lot of backing.

However, the group as gotten a lot of stick from the press and their core audience (children) have moved on to someone like Miley. If PCD flops than know doubt in my mind so will Girlicious.

Leave a comment:

• Colin
    replied
    I really doubt this album will get the amount of singles that the debut got.

I'd say they will plan for four or five maximum.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ahahuha
    7 singles from this album?
    Well 4 singles have already been announced (When I Grow Up, Whatcha Think About That, I Hate This Part [UK], Magic [France]), so 3 more (Halo, Elevator, I'm Done) is not unlikely knowing the PCD, let alone considering any of the aforementioned singles will boost sales.

Leave a comment:

• JimJim
    replied
    Originally posted by dereon
    a shit single like when i grow up
    Say what?! When I Grow Up was/is awesome, it was a perfect lead single (in Australia at least).

Leave a comment:

• Jammy2
    replied
    If the first album started with 90 I guess 75 isnt that bad. I mean I think the album will stay in the charts a while because they have a lot of singles that I personally hate but they sound like the songs on the radio here in america that I hate yet they go Top 10 for 2 months so I'm still think 1.5 mil here in America is going to happen, especially if they get a new single out before christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Ahahuha
    replied
    Originally posted by mykka
    My single choices would be:

1 - When I Grow Up
    2 - Halo
    3 - I Hate This Part
    4 - Elevator
    5 - Bottle Pop
    6 - Who's Gonna Love You
    7 - Magic

7 singles from this album?

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    Seems like 'Bottle Pop' would've been a better choice for the 2nd US single.. since it's doing well on US iTunes!

Leave a comment:

• Rebirth
    replied
    I adore "When i grow up" and the promotion was outstanding for this single! I prefer "I hate this part" as the second single and "Bottle Pop" as their third single. They should go on then with "Magic" or "Elevator" or "Whatchamacallit" or "Out of this club" or "Who's gonna love you now" or "Halo".
    They did the best but it seemed to be the wrong decision. "Whatcha think about that" is just a mess.

Leave a comment:

• mykka
    replied
    My single choices would be:

1 - When I Grow Up
    2 - Halo
    3 - I Hate This Part
    4 - Elevator
    5 - Bottle Pop
    6 - Who's Gonna Love You
    7 - Magic

Leave a comment:

• alxx
    replied
    Originally posted by Darsell
    omg 70k is shocking! i was sure they would be able to pull 200k or more like danity kane did.

how much did pcd sell first week just out of interest?
    90k I think..
    I know they debuted at #5

Leave a comment:

• Darsell
    replied
    omg 70k is shocking! i was sure they would be able to pull 200k or more like danity kane did.

how much did pcd sell first week just out of interest?

Leave a comment:

• alxx
    replied
    Originally posted by preyan
    Originally posted by alxx
    I guess this shows the effect of a pushback then. Grr!
    H
    opefully they'll at least have longetivity, and with I Hate This Part for a winter single I'm sure they'll get very strong Christmas sales. I want at least 5mil worldwide!!
    5 mill! You need to get more realistic man! I'd be happy with 2 mill!

This is THE year for FLOPS!!! Usher, Mariah, Janet, PCD, etc. :x :x :x
    I'll do 3

Leave a comment:

• Flocon
    replied
    Magic was annonced as the second single in France

Leave a comment:

Working...
X