Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hero
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised. Those girls had serious talent in that group, but Nicole got all the shine. Maybe thats why Carmit decided to leave. Hmm...

Leave a comment:

• topopMAC1
    replied
    Originally posted by pussycatdollns
    Originally posted by topopMAC1
    Nicole basically said:

I was like, getting to lipsynch, which I don't even lipsynch the backgrounds, and got to come in at the very end of the song, all the way to the right of the stage.

I was like, you guys SUCK *laughs*. I was like it's OK, it's alright, keep your calm Nicole.

But now it's like, like you said, cream rises to the top!
    I never saw that before... bitchy or what?! Funny considering that's all the others got to do in the end. I can't say I wasn't expecting it but I still feel sad about it. :(
    I used to love her...but rude as hell.
    You HAVE to watch that Diary clip I posted on the previous page... they'd only been together as a group for a week and she wanted to be centre stage then, not singing backgrounds when the others had been in the group longer... so who knows what the other Dolls have been through with her! AND then there's that Kaya Jones song with a Nicole look-a-like in the video!

They all seem to hate Nicole!

Leave a comment:

• pussycatdollns
    replied
    Originally posted by topopMAC1
    Nicole basically said:

I was like, getting to lipsynch, which I don't even lipsynch the backgrounds, and got to come in at the very end of the song, all the way to the right of the stage.

I was like, you guys SUCK *laughs*. I was like it's OK, it's alright, keep your calm Nicole.

I never saw that before... bitchy or what?! Funny considering that's all the others got to do in the end. I can't say I wasn't expecting it but I still feel sad about it. :(
    I used to love her...but rude as hell.

Leave a comment:

• topopMAC1
    replied
    Nicole basically said:

Leave a comment:

• Mooriah
    replied
    OMG I was there in the mosh pit at the MTV Asia Awards 2004 LOL!!! When they performed I was like "who are these random bish??" and now they are huge

Leave a comment:

• topopMAC1
    replied
    Found this REALLY interesting posts r.e. their history on Popjustice by AngelX... so thanks to them for this post:

You HAVE to watch "Big Spender" and the MTV diary bit from 2:00... expecially the bit where Nicole complains at having to mime to backup vocals!

This is the real predicament with PCD. People joke about how no one knows who the other Dolls are, etc. and fair enough, Nicole basically doing everything hasn't stopped them from selling loads of albums and singles and selling out tours, so on and so forth. BUT, the fact of the matter is that PCD's fanbase - the 'hardcore' fans or whatever you may want to call us, do know the names of other Dolls and appreciate what they contribute(d) to the group. All of them have fansites, fanclubs, and the like. And some of these fans (myself included) do care about the fact that we are potentially getting Nicole with 4 new girls, and may not support the PCD brand anymore. And that could be a substantial number of people.

Also, in regards to the other Dolls being useless and knowing what they were getting into, blahblahblah... This is a post I wrote a little while ago which is a basic history of PCD containing info which some people may find surprising or interesting:

At the very beginning they [Kim, Mel, Ash and Jess] were just dancers, but they were singing a few years before they got the record deal with Interscope. Santa Baby, for example, a B-Side to one of the PCD singles features only Carmit, Ashley and Jessica on vocals and was recorded (presumably) before Nicole and Melody got anywhere near the group. They performed it with Carmen Electra on TV once, again pre-Nicole/Melody/PCD.

SANTA BABY:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlv8AegRQOw

PERFORMANCE with CARMEN ELECTRA:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXspgPH70BA

Nicole and Melody were hired to add 'vocal strength' to the group. One of the first televised performances the Dolls did as a signed recording group featured Melody singing lead vocals (Big Spender at the MTV Asia Awards 2004) and Nicole was simply in the background lipsyncing the backing vocals. Which is funny seeing as how she seemed rather pissed off at this on "MTV's Diary of The Pussycat Dolls" when that's basically what the other Dolls ended up doing since then.

MTV ASIA AWARDS 2004 PERFORMANCE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFpvnpVtu2U

MTV DIARY of THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS (Part 1):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZK8DDU7dJ8

Further performances on TV, pre-Don't Cha, feature a larger group (before the fat was trimmed, so to say) with fairly shared vocals. Nicole was lead, yes, but Carmit and Melody got their own verses/ad libs, and only Jessica and Ashley were shown as backup singers; at this stage Kimberly was purely a dancer in the group. The songs they did were Sway and Tainted Love.

TAINTED LOVE at FASHION ROCKS 2003:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d8P0DbID8g

SWAY & TAINTED LOVE on DAVID LETTERMAN:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJwUen49RvE

It was around this time that some of the 'extra' Dolls were put out of the group, and Kaya Jones left to pursue a solo career. She later announced she left because she could see from the beginning where the group was heading, i.e. Nicole singing everything, being the centre of attention, etc. and that's not what the original concept was. Kaya also recently released some kind of (crappy) single called Hollywood Doll which is obviously about Nicole:

KAYA JONES - HOLLYWOOD DOLL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXHJBEpKnLo

The history of the Dolls is very long and complicated, but that's the basic jist of it. So, is Nicole the best singer? Yes. By a looooong mile. But the other Dolls can sing. And the way they ended up was pretty ridiculous, really.

Leave a comment:

• nas4life123
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackNLatin
    Robin on wendy williams

she said nicole staying and others leaving :(

Robin is such a hoe..ugh i cant stand her.
    are you serious ALL OF THEM?

Leave a comment:

• BlackNLatin
    replied
    Robin on wendy williams

she said nicole staying and others leaving :(

Robin is such a hoe..ugh i cant stand her.

Leave a comment:

• nas4life123
    replied
    No. 41 woop woop!!

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    BILLBOARD 2009

HOT 100 Artists:
    #41. The Pussycat Dolls

BB 200 Albums:
    #186. Doll Domination

HOT DIGITAL SONGS ARTISTS:
    #32. The Pussycat Dolls

HOT DIGITAL SONGS:
    #40. I Hate This Part - The Pussycat Dolls

HOT DANCE CLUB PLAY ARTISTS:
    #4. The Pussycat Dolls

HOT DANCE CLUB PLAY SONGS:
    #7. I Hate This Part - The Pusycat Dolls
    #10. Hush Hush - The Pussycat Dolls
    #21. Bottle Pop - The Pussycat Dolls

CANDIAN HOT 100 ARTISTS:
    #22. The Pussycat Dolls

EUROPEAN HOT 100 SINGLES:
    #21. I Hate This Part - The Pussycat Dolls
    #39. JaiHo - The Pussycat Dolls ft. Nicole Scherzinger
    #61. Hush Hush - The Pussycat Dolls
    #72. When I Grow Up - The Pussycat Dolls

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ska8er
    Cattiness is killing the Pussycat Dolls
    I knew it would happen :-?

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    Cattiness is killing the Pussycat Dolls

IT'S BEEN almost five years since a litter of sex kittens called the Pussycat Dolls first made their way on to the world stage, with one singing about stealing other chicks' boyfriends and the other four purring Don't Cha.

But following confirmation that one Doll, pretty blonde Ashley Roberts, is packing her bags for yet another New Year's Eve in Australia came news yesterday that the management contracts that tied the girls to each other expire today - and word is the scantily-clad singing group fashioned in the style of the Spice Girls are planning to go their separate ways.

Australia, as it happens, looks to have played a role in the likely breakup of the group as the women discovered solo nightclub appearances here are quite lucrative, hence their numerous visits and growing local fanbase.

With two hit albums and several world tours behind them, close sources said they were poised to split from record label Universal. All year the burlesque babes have been dogged by rumours of cattiness within their ranks, specifically that the "back-ups" - Roberts, Melody Thornton, Kimberly Wyatt and Jessica Sutta - were tired of living in the shadows of pin-up performer and top cat Nicole Scherzinger.

While in Oz last month, youngest member Thornton, whose voice has been compared with that of Christina Aguilera, revealed the girls don't even get to choose their costumes.

Thornton, who is planning to release a solo album, told Confidential during her trip that the Dolls were "on a break".

The group's founder, dancer Robin Antin, suggested the Dolls were a brand, and said they would return with "new music, new concepts, new faces and hit songs".
    Confidential has been told the current members, each with individual aspirations, are "finished". Roberts, who plans to pursue acting, was rumoured to be deejaying in 2010 at a party inside Circular Quay's Toaster.

Leave a comment:

• AussiePopStar8
    replied
    I honestly don't know what to think when it comes to the Dolls atm.....
    The third album is certainly a ways off, I think we all agree on that. I can deffo see the first half of next year being about solo work for the majority of the girls. Just who returns is a mystery but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they either all stayed or we lost a few of the current Dolls.
    I've already weighed in on this before but I don't think Melody is totally ready to be solo yet so if the vocal roles were expanded I think she'd be happy to stay put for a while longer.
    Ashley will stay I think but I like to see her grab some vocal time cause the girl can sing!
    Jessica could go either way and I get from Kim that she WANTS to be out (why else keep talking about it?)
    Nicole is a definate because she's the only one under contract with the label.
    If there is some new blood coming into the Dolls I hope that they can be more than just backing singers.
    I'm thinking back in the day when Aubrey O'day was rumoured to be joining the Dolls (I think I'd be the only person happy about that).
    Or this could all just be one big hype campaign for the girls solo work and then when the time comes for album 3 they'll be happy families again.

Leave a comment:

• heyheyyouyou
    replied
    Originally posted by JustForMe
    May be it was posted here but

In a new interview, Pussycat Dolls creator Robin Antin sharpened her claws saying that the girls are all basically replaceable.

And there will be new music from PCD!

Says Antin:

"The truth is I have had a lot of different girls in the Pussycat Dolls over the years which many people did not know before the band. I had many reincarnations of the PCD so if a couple of girls want to go out and do something else it is easy for me to find other girls. My trademark motto is behind every woman is a Pussycat Doll; there are many girls that I can bring in. I know that I will make it great, sexy and make everyone feel like a Pussycat Doll. That is the beauty of what I have, a brand that is bigger than all of us."
    That's an awfull attitude :evil:
    Let's edit this out. Anyone catch what I'm saying.

I honestly love Melody and Kim a little more each day.

Leave a comment:

• BlackNLatin
    replied
    It's like she wants new girls without even asking the girls already in the band if they want to still be a part of the group or not. The dolls know nothing about Robin's plans and she keeps saying that the girls are replaceable. She can replace the Dolls as lon as Nicole, Melody, Jessica, Ashley and Kim are still in the group!

Maybe she's just pissed off because they didn't get her enough money for her botox!
    New botox won't help here

Her attitude towards the girls is disgusting :x
    lmao! she still look like a man and more like her brother

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied
    Wait a minute... I heard when they signed deal with Interscope new girls were recruited. I'm sure girls should have known what their place should be in the group. I seriously doubt they had the same salary as Nicole. Things were obvious.They agreed to it.
    Now they are kinda ruining the image. IMO it's impossible to work when there's so much hate in the group. If the girs don't want just paychecks why they stay in it? I don't think Robin Antin is going to turn them into a new version of Destiny's Child where all sing not only dance just because the girls realized they wanna something more.
    Nicole always looked sweet (or seemed to) and attractive. Now she looks like a beast.
    They could keep all this together and wait till the third album to pursue solos or manage to attract positive attention to get good record deal.

Leave a comment:

• alxx
    replied
    I love Melody

I had a dream there were all new girls in the pussycat dolls and they all were singing in harmony. I woke up so mad hahahahah omg!

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied
    It's like she wants new girls without even asking the girls already in the band if they want to still be a part of the group or not. The dolls know nothing about Robin's plans and she keeps saying that the girls are replaceable. She can replace the Dolls as lon as Nicole, Melody, Jessica, Ashley and Kim are still in the group!

Maybe she's just pissed off because they didn't get her enough money for her botox!
    New botox won't help here

Her attitude towards the girls is disgusting :x

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied
    May be it was posted here but

In a new interview, Pussycat Dolls creator Robin Antin sharpened her claws saying that the girls are all basically replaceable.

And there will be new music from PCD!

Says Antin:

"The truth is I have had a lot of different girls in the Pussycat Dolls over the years which many people did not know before the band. I had many reincarnations of the PCD so if a couple of girls want to go out and do something else it is easy for me to find other girls. My trademark motto is behind every woman is a Pussycat Doll; there are many girls that I can bring in. I know that I will make it great, sexy and make everyone feel like a Pussycat Doll. That is the beauty of what I have, a brand that is bigger than all of us."
    That's an awfull attitude :evil:

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied
    Everything is upside down now :-?
    Nicole always seemed like Queen and the rest - like groupies
    And now they want attention

Leave a comment:

• BlackNLatin
    replied
    Ugh! Robin make me sick with her obsession with Nicole... That picture almost made me cried reminds me too much how thing's were when they first came out.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    EXCLUSIVE: Pussycat Doll Kimberly readies solo albumWednesday, December 9 2009, 09:21 GMT

By David Balls, Music Reporter

Kimberly Wyatt is currently recording her first solo album, she has exclusively revealed to Digital Spy.

The Pussycat Dolls star confirmed that she is in talks to collaborate with Missy Elliot and has already worked with rappers Paul Wall and Baby Bash on the record.

"I've recently been in the studio a lot. It started because I wanted to write but the more I did it, the more comfortable I got in the booth and started creating my own album," she said.

"A lot of it so far has a dance feel, because it came about from what I could do on stage. I love electronica music, so there's a lot of inspiration from that. I've been very fortunate to work with people like Paul Wall and Baby Bash who have made appearances on my album. I've even been talking to Missy Elliot about a possible collaboration."

The 27-year-old claimed that she was originally unsure about launching a solo music career, but insisted that she feels confident with the material she has recorded so far.

"It's been incredible because I did feel like I was going against the odds putting myself there. But the more time I spend in the studio, I realise that there is something in there that is worth sharing with the world. Seeing these talented people willing to work with me is really everything to me," she said.

"Singing is something that has always been second nature to me, but it's also a challenge and I love a challenge. Singing is kind of my future and music is my engine."

Wyatt, who joined the Pussycat Dolls in 2003, previously revealed that her future within the group is uncertain.
    EXCLUSIVE: Pussycat Dolls: "Expect new faces"
    Tuesday, December 8 2009, 15:37 GMT

By David Balls, Music Reporter

Pussycat Dolls star Kimberly Wyatt has revealed that fans should "expect new faces" in the future.

The 27-year-old claimed that she will always be involved with the Pussycat Dolls, but said that she may not be in the lineup when they make a return.

"The Pussycat Dolls have been on a hiatus for a while now. I really don't know what's to come, I can't even comment on it because I'm not the driving force behind it," she told Digital Spy.

"Robin Antin is the creator and there's a lot of chefs in the kitchen when it comes to the Pussycat Dolls. They're making their choices wisely. From what I know, Robin did issue a statement saying to expect new music, new ideas and to expect new faces.

"No matter what happens, I'll always be involved with the Pussycat Dolls even if it's helping with choreography or creative direction. I'm very thankful for everything that Robin has given me and I always want to express that in any way I can, whether it's in the group, outside the group or whatever it may be."

Wyatt added that she is unsure why recent single 'Jai Ho' was released as The Pussycat Dolls featuring Nicole Scherzinger.

"I think that was a decision that was made much aside from me," she said.

"I don't really know what went behind that, but Nicole did do her work on that project. It was her vocals, it was her song, so it was featuring Nicole Scherzinger."

Founder Antin recently issued a statement claiming that the Pussycat Dolls are "very much alive" following speculation that the troupe had parted ways.
    Also here are two pics Melody posted on twitter that is her and the girls in a photo booth:

Leave a comment:

• nas4life123
    replied
    Although the third album is confirmed, i don't think that the same members will be in it. Every doll is doing solo stuff now. Nicole, Melody, Kimberly are/were judges on various shows and Melody and Nicole have changed their twitter name, that was previously pcdmelodyt and pcdnicole respectively!

@nas4life123: Honestly i haven't!

I am so busy with school right now and i thought it would be great to listen to it at Christmas, as a present from my favourite group!

And i am sure Painted Windows will be on the US version of the album since it wasn't released over there!
    Yeah, give it a listen soon and tell me what you think! It IS the best PCD track because Melody and Jessica sing!

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    Although the third album is confirmed, i don't think that the same members will be in it. Every doll is doing solo stuff now. Nicole, Melody, Kimberly are/were judges on various shows and Melody and Nicole have changed their twitter name, that was previously pcdmelodyt and pcdnicole respectively!

@nas4life123: Honestly i haven't!

I am so busy with school right now and i thought it would be great to listen to it at Christmas, as a present from my favourite group!

And i am sure Painted Windows will be on the US version of the album since it wasn't released over there!

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied
    Are they going to disband the group afterall?

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackNLatin
    This album flop because too much Nicole, i think it would have sold more if shared of to some extent of vocal parts from the others. Sorry but people want to hear than Nicole and Melody shouting for 2 secs. Everyone has a nice voice in the group but no one that isn't a fan of PCD will ever know because Nicole is PCD with backup dancers.
    I heard some of them interrupted Nicole at concerts and sounded very good

Leave a comment:

• nas4life123
    replied
    Originally posted by nas4life123
    Are they recording new material?

Will it influence their record deal?
    Yes, it's been said their working on a third album due 2010
    If it flops tooo... it's gonna be unpleasant for them

What about Nicole solo efforts? She wanted to release her first album like 2-3 years ago
    she is due to release one next year but i doubt it i want another PCD album before their solo stuff

Leave a comment:

• summer
    replied
    Originally posted by nas4life123
    Are they recording new material?

Will it influence their record deal?
    Yes, it's been said their working on a third album due 2010
    If it flops tooo... it's gonna be unpleasant for them

What about Nicole solo efforts? She wanted to release her first album like 2-3 years ago

Leave a comment:

• BlackNLatin
    replied
    This album flop because too much Nicole, i think it would have sold more if shared of to some extent of vocal parts from the others. Sorry but people want to hear than Nicole and Melody shouting for 2 secs. Everyone has a nice voice in the group but no one that isn't a fan of PCD will ever know because Nicole is PCD with backup dancers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X