No announcement yet.

Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard the original version of Don't Cha? Some chick put it out about a year before PCD in the US 0but her label scrapped her album
    yes i did a girl called tori alamaze or soemthing

damn i would be so pissed if that was my song and than sombody else made millions with it
    :evil:
    http://www.last.fm/user/huskygirl24/

Comment

Artist: ALAMAZE, Tori
      Title: Don't Cha
      Label: Universal US
      Cat No: UNIVB 000431011
      Format: 12"
      Released: 28 February, 2005
      Price: £6.51
      Genre: Hip Hop/R&B
      Playlist: MP3 | WMA
      Availability: Out of stock

Comment

Tori Alamaze is an American singer best known as a backing vocalist for the hip hop duo OutKast.

Hailing from Detroit, Alamaze worked as a makeup artist for about 10 years, including work for musicians Faith Evans, Erykah Badu, TLC, Xscape, Monica, Outkast, and Busta Rhymes. She got her break when somebody offered her a recording contract. She worked on her debut album, and appeared in opening acts for the Black Eyed Peas.

Her first single, “Don’t Cha”, was written and produced by Cee-Lo Green. It wasn’t very successful, only peaking at #58 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart. Alamaze claimed the label never shot a video for her single, nor did she receive proper marketing. According to industry chatter, Tori’s version of “Don’t Cha” was intended as the label’s ‘next big thing’, but then Universal Records decided the single wasn’t the right move. Tori was subsequently dropped from the label, and the track was re-recorded, by The Pussycat Dolls including a rap from Busta Rhymes. The new version climbed to #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. The multicultural female posse imitates Tori’s vocal inflections and adlibs to a tee, while adding Busta Rhymes to the mix and keeping Cee-Lo on production. To many fans Tori was done very wrong and some say the song ‘Dont Cha’ was destroyed by The Pussycat Dolls

Her album remains unreleased.

From torialamaze.com:

Pussycat or Copycat?

Pussycat Dolls remake a minor hit into a major one — The barely dressed vamp act covered Tori Alamaze’s ‘’Don’t Cha'’ and took it to the big time by Michael Endelman

Two years ago, the Pussycat Dolls were a risqué L.A. burlesque troupe whose eye-popping live shows drew a celeb-heavy cult following and guest dancers like Carmen Electra and Christina Applegate. This week, they’re radio faves with a slinky top 10 hit called ‘’Don’t Cha.'’ That a barely dressed vamp act became a charting pop group with a major-label album (due Sept. 13) is strange enough. What’s more curious is that the very same tune was a minor radio hit earlier this year. The original was sung by Atlanta-based makeup artist, stylist, and former OutKast backup singer Tori Alamaze. Unfortunately for Alamaze, her version only reached No. 53 on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and Universal dropped the singer before her full-length CD came out. The label then asked the song’s producer and writer, Atlanta rapper/singer Cee-Lo, to rerecord ‘’Don’t Cha'’ with the Pussycat Dolls, who it was trying to reinvent as a slick girl group. ‘’Initially, I was skeptical, I didn’t know too much about them,'’ says Cee-Lo. ‘’But when I found out that [Universal-owned]Interscope Records was involved, that was an alliance I didn’t hesitate to make.'’ The two records are strikingly similar (save for a guest rap from Busta Rhymes on the Dolls’). Admits the group’s lead singer Nicole Scherzinger: ‘’I had [Alamaze’s] version as a guide. But ours is just a bit fresher.'’ Not surprisingly, Alamaze is irked: ‘’I like to call them the Copycat Dolls. It’s an attempt to sound like what I did, but it just sounds real watered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

http://www.honorablemedia.com/blog/uncategorized/6

her pic is there too[/list]

Comment

Originally posted by sofly
            Anyone heard the original version of Don't Cha? Some chick put it out about a year before PCD in the US 0but her label scrapped her album
            yes i did a girl called tori alamaze or soemthing

damn i would be so pissed if that was my song and than sombody else made millions with it
            :evil:
            I have the MP3/AAC...pm me for a link
            Pop music = life

Comment

Tori Alamaze also originally recorded Amerie's new single "Take Control", once again produced by Cee-Lo Green

Comment

Per NicoleFan, here's the rumored tracklisting:

Tracklist of Double The Trouble: PCD's second album! by Kim*, 06 Jan 2007

» This is the rumoured tracklist of PCD's second album: "Double The Trouble", IF that is the real name of it. Let's hope this is true! Huge thanks to Massiella!

* Work It (The theme song to their show "The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll" (lead singer is set to be Nicole)
                * Rolling With You (lead singers: Melody and Nicole)
                * Break Up (lead singer:Nicole)
                * Have It Your Way (lead singers: Melody and Nicole)
                * Got My Back (lead singer:Carmit)
                * Charging U (lead singer: Melody)
                * U R Mine (lead singer: Melody)
                * Turn It On (lead singers:Nicole & Carmit)
                * Your Warmness (lead singer:Nicole)
                * Touch Me (feat.Akon) (Lead by Ashley)
                * Winning the Fight (Lead by Nicole)
                * Never Underestimate a Pussycat (Lead by Nicole, Melody & Carmit)
                * The World Is In Your Hands (Lead by Ashley & Melody)
                * Temted To Have U (Lead by Nicole)
                * Show Me What You Got (Lead by everyone)
                * Fever

Comment

sounds fake.
                  Originally posted by Thriller
                  Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

Yeh sounds fake but if its true it sounds great. And contributions from everyone which is brilliant!!

Comment

It'd be nice to have more than just Nicole singing, I mean it was basically Nicole with a few backing singers/dancers, so i can't see her solo album being much different from PCD but I'm hoping the second album won't be a let down after how good PCD has been (even if PCD is turning into more of a greatest hits album than a debut album!)

Comment

the lead singer nicole is fine as hell
                        Weekly Top 50 - http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 836#884836

No homo, you can bet your balls I meant it.

Comment

Asia's left PCD already!

Comment

Originally posted by Frederic
                            Asia's left PCD already!
                            ! Why?!

Comment

Asia's left PCD already!
                              That Must Be A Joke Right.?!

Comment

Apparently its been confirmed by some executive from CW which ran the show. Possibly Audrey O'Day from Danity Kane is replacing her.

Comment

Originally posted by Jark
                                  Asia's left PCD already!
                                  ! Why?!
                                  Some guy from CW said that she left because she wanted to pursue a solo career.

Comment

Can't wait.

There should be a song with Christina on it.

Comment

Originally posted by cristy
                                      Asia's left PCD already!
                                      ! Why?!
                                      Some guy from CW said that she left because she wanted to pursue a solo career.
                                      Lol! QUITE why she auditioned to be in PCD is beyond me then.

Originally posted by bojach
                                      Apparently its been confirmed by some executive from CW which ran the show. Possibly Audrey O'Day from Danity Kane is replacing her.
                                      Like she needs replacing! Cant they stick with the 6 member line up? Surely they've recorded most of the album already anyway?

Comment

Like she needs replacing! Cant they stick with the 6 member line up? Surely they've recorded most of the album already anyway?
                                        They recorded most of ''PCD'' before some of the members joined. I think Jessica joined after the album was 90% done.

Comment

Originally posted by Star
                                          They recorded most of ''PCD'' before some of the members joined. I think Jessica joined after the album was 90% done.
                                          Well she didnt record anything for it, did she, but they all have recorded parts this time so why must they get a 7th member?

Comment

Aubrey has already said that she is not joining the Pussycat Dolls.

Asia isnt really leaving, because she never really joined the group. She won the competition, but for her to be apart of the group, she would of had to record and promote with PCD. She's now opted to go for a solo career, instead of carrying Nicole's bags. Can't say i blame her.

I doubt that Asia will have any kind of career, and it certainly will not extend out of the US.
                                            Originally posted by Thriller
                                            Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

There's tracks with Christina Aguilera & Lil Kim apparantly.

And if Asia has actually left then Melissa R or Chelsea deserve to be members.

Comment

Originally posted by kushi
                                                Aubrey has already said that she is not joining the Pussycat Dolls.

Asia isnt really leaving, because she never really joined the group. She won the competition, but for her to be apart of the group, she would of had to record and promote with PCD. She's now opted to go for a solo career, instead of carrying Nicole's bags. Can't say i blame her.

I doubt that Asia will have any kind of career, and it certainly will not extend out of the US.
                                                Aubrey never denied it, but never confirmed it: I hope she doesn't leave, though.

Here's the video where she says it: http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/11/is-aubrey ... the-dolls/

Comment

Update!

Per NicoleFan:

Robin Antin phoned into the 103.7 Kiss FM morning show today to talk about the successful new reality show on the CW entitled simply The Search For The Next Doll. She confirmed the girls have been hard at work on the new album while touring with Christina Aguilera and that the winner has recorded some vocals for the new album. Robin also said Lil' Kim and Miss Aguilera herself will be on the album.

Also, Aamer Haleem on VH1 confirmed the girls album will be out by the late-summer and is reportedly called "Double The Trouble" on the weekly countdown.
                                                  http://www.askmen.com/specials/2007_top ... ure-1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Aurelia
                                                    Update!

Per NicoleFan:

Robin Antin phoned into the 103.7 Kiss FM morning show today to talk about the successful new reality show on the CW entitled simply The Search For The Next Doll. She confirmed the girls have been hard at work on the new album while touring with Christina Aguilera and that the winner has recorded some vocals for the new album. Robin also said Lil' Kim and Miss Aguilera herself will be on the album.

Also, Aamer Haleem on VH1 confirmed the girls album will be out by the late-summer and is reportedly called "Double The Trouble" on the weekly countdown.
                                                    http://www.askmen.com/specials/2007_top ... ure-1.html
                                                    Late summer? 2008???? Nicole's album is out this month, and summer 2007 is officially over! Its now fall! So I am correct by assuming 2008???? :-?
                                                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                                    X