Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thriller
    I hope PCD do come back, they were too amazing to just be a one album phenomenon.

Have they definitely got rid of Asia now?
    No chance at her joining. I hated her through most of the show until the final where I realised she had it all so perfect. They should have let Melissa R join!! :evil:

Does anyone know anymore about the collaborations with Lil' Kim and Christina? I know they said they'd be working with Christina because they toured with her and after that were gonna hit the studio. Lady Marmalade cover? And with Lil' Kim that's why they also chose her to be a judge on Search for the Next Doll.

Comment

They're like spice girls with all they're different personalities. I can see this selling another 6 Million WW. They'll probably release a ton of singles.

Comment

This is gonna be huge. Can't say I'm a big fan, but I do enjoy most of their songs.
        They say beauty's in the eye of the beholder
        That's why I look in the mirror every morning and realize how fly I am

Comment

Originally posted by pussycatdollns
          They have to knock off Danity Kane. PCD are much better and have more potential.
          No way! All the members in DK can sing and dance and do generally contribute equally over a record.
          Originally posted by Thriller
          Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

Originally posted by kushi
            Originally posted by pussycatdollns
            They have to knock off Danity Kane. PCD are much better and have more potential.
            No way! All the members in DK can sing and dance and do generally contribute equally over a record.
            Yeah and PCD all have talent, they just don't get a chance to show it. I have a feeling they will with this album though. Just hope they can churn out more hits like Buttons etc.

Comment

Dear Friends

Thank you so much for the amazing fan book you sent me. It means so much to me that you all continue to love and support me. When I was reading the fan book I was moved to tears several times by all of your amazing artwork, letters, and poems. When I was in Hong Kong over New Years, I watched the DVD you all created and it made me realize how blessed I was to have such an amazing group of fans. I know you have all been waiting patiently for the release of "Her Name Is Nicole" and I want you to know that I am actually grateful the album has been pushed back. Yes, I REALLY mean that. You see, I want to make sure this album is the best I can make it because I owe that to myself, and to all of you, to release the best music I possibly can. I hope you all continue with me on this journey because it will be worth the wait. I also want to say thank you to Darzel for putting all this together and making sure I received this truly uplifting fan book. So many of you wrote that I have inspired you, but I need you to know you guys inspire me. Let's make 2008 the best year yet! Thank you from the bottom of my heart: Darzel, Gabz, Chrisanna Yan, Cassie, Mary K, Jaime-Louise Lincy, Gladys, Angelina, Aleksandra Gdansky, Nadia, Lara, Erica Kloestra, Fatima, Mary, Christine, Melissa Sousa, Ali, Chen Bonfis, Jared Gelman, Caitlin, Yvonne, Jose, Bizu, Roxanna, Tara, Noush, Scott, Courtney, Sabrina, Ale, Anna, Charley, Katrina, Cheema, Anna, Maddalina, Taylor Doyle, Margret L, Marie Anthony C, Lissy, Mellissa, Vanessa, Kate, Hollie, Roxy, Claire Bynce, Linanyi Ortiz, Chelsea McGuigan, Vlad, Tania Crupi, Ashley Hawn, Bao, Michael, Maddy and everyone else who has continued to support me.
              I love you all,
              Nicole

Comment

Per Rap-Up, I think Rodney Jerkins is working with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurelia
                  He's just finished working with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpwDbsNuMtc

Comment

Intresting!! Maybe Feedback pt 2. with PCD , Well I'm not a fan of them , but must say they are cool , and I enjoy their songs

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                      Originally posted by Aurelia
                      He's just finished working with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpwDbsNuMtc
                      Darn, you beat me to the link. Anyway, I am so happy! New PCD material. I love the Dolls.
                      Pop music = life

Comment

PCD was actually an amazing album! The singles they chose to release were perfect. Though tbh I can't listen to them so much now, only due to overplay (despite absolutely loving the songs at the time). I still really love Buttons though - that song is just class!

Comment

PCD definitely was an amazing album from start to finish, they really will it cut for them on a follow-up. I just hope that those rumoured collaborations are actually true though and won't turn out to be a disappointing second album.
                          LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Yeah the last album was very good. Hopefully it'll be more original tracks on this, and I cant wait to hear the Ag colab
                            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

At least half of "PCD" was cover versions! It was a great pop album but if they want my respect as artists they need to record original tracks

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman324
                                PCD was actually an amazing album! The singles they chose to release were perfect. Though tbh I can't listen to them so much now, only due to overplay (despite absolutely loving the songs at the time). I still really love Buttons though - that song is just class!
                                U literally stole the words outta my mouth
                                WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
                                All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

I was really excited when I first heard the first half of PCD. It sounded like an extremely solid album where all the tracks were contenders for possible singles. But after I Dont Need a Man, the album really went downhill. The rest were filler
                                  They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

'PCD' was an outstanding debut album, especially considering the Dolls were originally written off as one-hit wonders after the success of 'Don't Cha'. The album surpassed any kind of expectations I had and I loved it from start to finish. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

I do feel bad for Nicole, though. I think she probably thought people'd eat her up as a solo artist and expected a huge, Beyonce-esque career jump, but somehow it's all backfired on her and now she has to go back to fronting the girl group that made her famous. It must be quite frustrating for her and I'm willing to bit that she feels she was a bit overzealous - I know I would.
                                    The alternative to the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruman
                                      At least half of "PCD" was cover versions! It was a great pop album but if they want my respect as artists they need to record original tracks
                                      That was homage to their heritage. It was an introduction and also a show of respect to what helped them get to that point. the next album will most likely be a more original effort.
                                      Pop music = life

Comment

I just think Nicole was a bit too ambitious to think she'd be able to have a massive solo career after one album with PCD.

Comment

Nicole does have that Beyonce-esque star quality about her which would make her a great solo act, but I'm not sure what happened with her solo record. I agree it was too soon, Beyoncé did 3 DC albums before going solo. And had Crazy in Love not been a HUGE success (and flopped like Work it Out), Beyoncé's solo career may also have flopped. What Nicole needed was a HUGE début single à la Don't Cha/Crazy in Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruman
                                            Nicole does have that Beyonce-esque star quality about her which would make her a great solo act, but I'm not sure what happened with her solo record. I agree it was too soon, Beyoncé did 3 DC albums before going solo. And had Crazy in Love not been a HUGE success (and flopped like Work it Out), Beyoncé's solo career may also have flopped. What Nicole needed was a HUGE début single à la Don't Cha/Crazy in Love.
                                            The problem is that even IF she got something like Crazy In Love to go solo and it was amazing, would it actually get noticed? You don't see many brand new artists striking high without having someone like T-Pain on the track :-?

And after a few solo singles flopping first time round people will probably give up on her.

Comment

From an interview Robin did about Girlicious with NY Daily News

Stalwart PCD fans should also be excited to know that Nicole Scherzinger is back with that group and they're making music again.

"We're in the studio right now," Antin said. "Nicole is 100% back with us. She actually never left. She was working on her solo stuff and it's out there and people will hear that, but she actually wants to focus on Pussycat Dolls right now. We all want to. We're going full force."

Comment

i personally think part of the reason no-one cared about nicole going solo was beause with her being in PCD, she lead the group and it was basically her solo with 5 back up dancers. it was really pointless to be honest.
                                                "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCUPdo5l-tc

Sean Garrett's working on both Nicole and PCD's projects at the same time, and mentions something about the projects being tied together.

Double disc release?

Comment

PCD fans should also be excited to know that Nicole Scherzinger is back with that group and they're making music again.

"We're in the studio right now," Antin said. "Nicole is 100% back with us. She actually never left. She was working on her solo stuff and it's out there and people will hear that, but she actually wants to focus on Pussycat Dolls right now. We all want to. We're going full force."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...cal_vibes.html
                                                    You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCUPdo5l-tc

Sean Garrett's working on both Nicole and PCD's projects at the same time, and mentions something about the projects being tied together.

Double disc release?
                                                      If Nicole wanted to launch a solo career, this was always be way to go! She was being too greedy and too fast! I can understand the collabo's but her solo material? Such a shame cause I think her solo stuff is pretty decent!

Lets hope all the singles make the cut for the hopefully "bonus disc"
                                                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

on PerezHilton it's reported that Carmit has left the group to pursue other projects!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nathangrey
                                                          on PerezHilton it's reported that Carmit has left the group to pursue other projects!!!
                                                          Now Nicole will be right in the middle!
                                                          You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by nathangrey
                                                            ah well. now we have a completely gorgeous girlgroup. Carmit really did let the side down.
                                                            "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

Comment

NOOOOO! Carmit was my fave :( I've lost interest now well if jessica gets to sing I'll be happy the rest do my head in

Comment

Working...
                                                              X