No announcement yet.

Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really excited when I first heard the first half of PCD. It sounded like an extremely solid album where all the tracks were contenders for possible singles. But after I Dont Need a Man, the album really went downhill. The rest were filler
    They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

'PCD' was an outstanding debut album, especially considering the Dolls were originally written off as one-hit wonders after the success of 'Don't Cha'. The album surpassed any kind of expectations I had and I loved it from start to finish. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

I do feel bad for Nicole, though. I think she probably thought people'd eat her up as a solo artist and expected a huge, Beyonce-esque career jump, but somehow it's all backfired on her and now she has to go back to fronting the girl group that made her famous. It must be quite frustrating for her and I'm willing to bit that she feels she was a bit overzealous - I know I would.
      The alternative to the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruman
        At least half of "PCD" was cover versions! It was a great pop album but if they want my respect as artists they need to record original tracks
        That was homage to their heritage. It was an introduction and also a show of respect to what helped them get to that point. the next album will most likely be a more original effort.
        Pop music = life

Comment

I just think Nicole was a bit too ambitious to think she'd be able to have a massive solo career after one album with PCD.

Comment

Nicole does have that Beyonce-esque star quality about her which would make her a great solo act, but I'm not sure what happened with her solo record. I agree it was too soon, Beyoncé did 3 DC albums before going solo. And had Crazy in Love not been a HUGE success (and flopped like Work it Out), Beyoncé's solo career may also have flopped. What Nicole needed was a HUGE début single à la Don't Cha/Crazy in Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruman
              Nicole does have that Beyonce-esque star quality about her which would make her a great solo act, but I'm not sure what happened with her solo record. I agree it was too soon, Beyoncé did 3 DC albums before going solo. And had Crazy in Love not been a HUGE success (and flopped like Work it Out), Beyoncé's solo career may also have flopped. What Nicole needed was a HUGE début single à la Don't Cha/Crazy in Love.
              The problem is that even IF she got something like Crazy In Love to go solo and it was amazing, would it actually get noticed? You don't see many brand new artists striking high without having someone like T-Pain on the track :-?

And after a few solo singles flopping first time round people will probably give up on her.

Comment

From an interview Robin did about Girlicious with NY Daily News

Stalwart PCD fans should also be excited to know that Nicole Scherzinger is back with that group and they're making music again.

"We're in the studio right now," Antin said. "Nicole is 100% back with us. She actually never left. She was working on her solo stuff and it's out there and people will hear that, but she actually wants to focus on Pussycat Dolls right now. We all want to. We're going full force."

Comment

i personally think part of the reason no-one cared about nicole going solo was beause with her being in PCD, she lead the group and it was basically her solo with 5 back up dancers. it was really pointless to be honest.
                  "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCUPdo5l-tc

Sean Garrett's working on both Nicole and PCD's projects at the same time, and mentions something about the projects being tied together.

Double disc release?

Comment

PCD fans should also be excited to know that Nicole Scherzinger is back with that group and they're making music again.

"We're in the studio right now," Antin said. "Nicole is 100% back with us. She actually never left. She was working on her solo stuff and it's out there and people will hear that, but she actually wants to focus on Pussycat Dolls right now. We all want to. We're going full force."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...cal_vibes.html
                      You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCUPdo5l-tc

Sean Garrett's working on both Nicole and PCD's projects at the same time, and mentions something about the projects being tied together.

Double disc release?
                        If Nicole wanted to launch a solo career, this was always be way to go! She was being too greedy and too fast! I can understand the collabo's but her solo material? Such a shame cause I think her solo stuff is pretty decent!

Lets hope all the singles make the cut for the hopefully "bonus disc"
                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

on PerezHilton it's reported that Carmit has left the group to pursue other projects!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nathangrey
                            on PerezHilton it's reported that Carmit has left the group to pursue other projects!!!
                            Now Nicole will be right in the middle!
                            You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by nathangrey
                              ah well. now we have a completely gorgeous girlgroup. Carmit really did let the side down.
                              "I'ma Hold You Down The Same Way You Hold Me"

Danity Kane

Comment

NOOOOO! Carmit was my fave :( I've lost interest now well if jessica gets to sing I'll be happy the rest do my head in

Comment

I think Nicole already was solo with the PCD. So her beeing without them didn't make much of a difference for me. Her solo career didn't go well because she released mediocre singles. People expected something like "Don't cha" or "Buttons" - something with an edge, where she's truly singing. She didn't really sing on her first single and concentrated way too much on a sexy look in its video. "Baby love" was a cute song with nice singing but nothing for the clubs really. It was a minor hit though. I heard it on the radio every hour in germany. She shouldn't give up just yet. She's one of the few talents who combine all the things beeing necessary for a big success. She just needs better material. Maybe she'll have that with the second PCD-record.
                                  And if I only could
                                  I'd make a deal with God
                                  And I'd get him to swap our places

(Kate Bush - Running up that hill)

Comment

Aww shame, Carmit was nice. Even though she didn't do much.

I hope this isn't a sign that from now everything else will crumble. :(
                                    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

carmit is a good dancer / singer.. prolly the best 1 the group had.
                                      I hope she recorded vocals for the album..otherwise it will be as bland as nicole's solo efforts.
                                      and my heart just melts
                                      Ice Cream Truck

Comment

That's Sad I Have A Feelin' That She Was Really Tallented She Was Defenitely The Best Dancer Vocally I Don't Know Because They Only Gave Nicole Floppa A Chance To Sing RIDICULOUS!

Anyway Here Is A Interview With Carmit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrHv7YaYgu8

Like Her Personality!

Comment

Carmit Performing With The Oldschool PCD :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWEDMSXOzQk

Comment

She was my fave.I'm not gonna be so interested in their new album if Carmit won't be in it.

Comment

Originally posted by cristy
                                              She was my fave.I'm not gonna be so interested in their new album if Carmit won't be in it.
                                              She's my fav too. She brought spice to the group, it's just like Ginger leaving the Spice Girls!
                                              Pop music = life

Comment

Awww! I loved her voice
                                                Is it actually official though, as the PCD site has said nothing and if she has properly left then surely she would have left before they started recording the new album. I hope the group doesn't end up like the Sugababes or Destiny's child, the original line-up's good :-?

Comment

Damned...
                                                  Carmit was one of the good vocalists along with Nicole and Melody (i haven't really heard the others )

I hope it's not true!!!

Comment

• Well she is the oldest and after being with the dolls for that long I can understand why she might want to go and live her life instead of just touring and performing.

Bet Robin has something to do with it, she'll have probably kicked Carmit out for being too old then join herself. Stupid old hag.

Least with 5 members we get to hear more vocals I guess. Jessica's voice is good on that Paul Van Dyke White Lies track.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X