Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IVyoncé
    replied
    I actually don't think the album should have been shorter, I still think it should have been two albums, later bundled together, I think I could even see some of the scrapped leftovers included
    Spoiler!

Leave a comment:

• LotsOfLove
    replied
    Not you deleting the best song on the album from your tracklist (Who’s gonna love you).

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    This had way too many songs! They could have released the album like this:

1. "When I Grow Up"
    2. "Bottle Pop" (featuring Snoop Dogg)
    3. "I Hate This Part"
    4. "Takin' Over the World"
    5. "Played" (featuring Ashley Roberts)
    6. "Happily Never After"
    7. "Magic"
    8. "Halo"
    9. "Elevator"
    10. "Hush Hush"
    11. "Whatchamacallit"
    12. "Painted Windows"
    13. "Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)"
    14. "Top of the World"
    15. "I'm Done"

Leave a comment:

• LotsOfLove
    replied
    Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
    I actually think they are equally as good sort of.
    Their debut was pretty cohesive and was the perfect mix between the origin of being a Burlesque troupe (like the covers and Buttons) that transitioned into a pop group with very current anthems.
    Doll Domination is filled with pop smashes that I adore, , but also some tracks that didn't needed to make the cut, if you get what I mean. And then there are tracks like Whatever Happens that didn't even made the cut, while Out of This Club featuring Ew Kelly made it.
    So I am a bit torn about that subject after all these years.
    I see what you mean.

The only «*problem*» I have with DD is that it feels VERY Nicole (surely due to the fact that many of the songs on the album were actually solo songs for her album). And the fact that they didn’t even try to divide some verses and let the other girls record some tracks. It’s basically all Nicole and 2-3 songs are like Nicole feat. Melody. I think people perhaps got tired of that too.

I truly hope that they change this for their new album / EP. Let the remaining girls sing some middle 8s or sth.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
    Who also thinks that this is better than their first album?
    Me

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
    I actually think they are equally as good sort of.
    Their debut was pretty cohesive and was the perfect mix between the origin of being a Burlesque troupe (like the covers and Buttons) that transitioned into a pop group with very current anthems.
    Doll Domination is filled with pop smashes that I adore, , but also some tracks that didn't needed to make the cut, if you get what I mean. And then there are tracks like Whatever Happens that didn't even made the cut, while Out of This Club featuring Ew Kelly made it.
    So I am a bit torn about that subject after all these years.

Leave a comment:

• LotsOfLove
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by LotsOfLove
    Originally posted by Gravity
    They weren't even that talented. People just hype them up because of nostalgia.
    The audacity.
    Actually the caucasity

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    It's not always about who is more talented. I remember how the PCD era obliterated the Destiny Fulfilled era. As much as I loved the Destiny Fulfilled singles and the album as a whole, they weren't as exciting in executing their final era compared to the debut era of the dolls, who gave urban pop a fun and energetic face. Not to mention, that whole PCD era is much more remembered by the general public.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    I would not have minded if Out Of This Club never made the album. Whatever Happens and even Psycho are imo. much better tracks. Even Captive, Away (later released by Sean Garrett & Enrique) or Love Gun were stronger than it, and we don't even know how Nicole/they sounded on the former two. Even Physical from Nicole's solo sessions wouldn't have sounded out of place along with the other Timbaland productions like Magic, In Person and Watchamcallit.

It's sad they had too many great tracks, they easily could have released two albums with the material recorded between 2008-2009 instead of a re-release had the relationship between the members, the label and management not been so toxic

Leave a comment:

• ludichris
    replied
    Re: Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination

Eh.....I won't really miss it. I had a friend that used to play it whilst driving constantly and it got old very fast for me. It's just your typical you are so hot let's go and screw song.

Now if Halo or Elevator were taken off we would have real problems.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    My second fave song on the album after Elevator

[tweet:6unrfbaq]https://twitter.com/popcrave/status/1087144807158431744[/tweet:6unrfbaq]

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesper
    Originally posted by Ska8er
    I remembered Captive today. I know Chris Brown has been messy the past few years, but that song would've been a huge hit for them. I don't get why it didn't make the cut, especially considering the amount of Her Name is Nicole cuts we got.
    I get it lol, the album had to be out as soon as possible at the moment of recording. And Nicole's sessions were ready to go and they had to compromise her in some way after they pushed her back to PCD
    I mean they passed on so many great songs, I even would say they should have released a proper new album instead of the re-release if the drama didn't happen. Away (Enrique Iglesias) also was for this album and could have been a nice moment between Melody and Nicole had they recorded it together. Whatever Happens also was for this album and is one of my all time favourite leaks. Captive is amazing and indeed could have been a big song.
    This just makes me even more nostalgic.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by Ska8er
    I remembered Captive today. I know Chris Brown has been messy the past few years, but that song would've been a huge hit for them. I don't get why it didn't make the cut, especially considering the amount of Her Name is Nicole cuts we got.
    I get it lol, the album had to be out as soon as possible at the moment of recording. And Nicole's sessions were ready to go and they had to compromise her in some way after they pushed her back to PCD
    I mean they passed on so many great songs, I even would say they should have released a proper new album instead of the re-release if the drama didn't happen. Away (Enrique Iglesias) also was for this album and could have been a nice moment between Melody and Nicole had they recorded it together. Whatever Happens also was for this album and is one of my all time favourite leaks. Captive is amazing and indeed could have been a big song.

Leave a comment:

• Ska8er
    replied
    Re: Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician
    Of course you could explain the positive echo years after their career peak with nostalgia, but I guess it is rather the fact that they were able to have a lot of big hits in a short time, just like the Spice Girls in the 90s. It wasn't just Don't Cha; all the other singles had their impact at the time of their release and people wished for that to be repeated and extended nowadays - which is only understandable imo.
    I'm not arguing against that. It'd be great to see them slay again but it's not very likely to happen.

Leave a comment:

• BeltingBeliever
    replied
    Nicole is a good singer but calling her "one of the best in the business" is an insult to actual great, influental vocalists. Only a stan can make a statement like that.
    Ummm she's actually really great. Underrated.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Of course you could explain the positive echo years after their career peak with nostalgia, but I guess it is rather the fact that they were able to have a lot of big hits in a short time, just like the Spice Girls in the 90s. It wasn't just Don't Cha; all the other singles had their impact at the time of their release and people wished for that to be repeated and extended nowadays - which is only understandable imo.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    Nicole is a good singer but calling her "one of the best in the business" is an insult to actual great, influental vocalists. Only a stan can make a statement like that..
    It’s not an insult to anyone, and I still stand by it. So each their own

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Nicole is a good singer but calling her "one of the best in the business" is an insult to actual great, influental vocalists. Only a stan can make a statement like that.

PCD were basically Nicole and her backing girls yet people act like they set some untouchable standard for girl groups. It's just nostalgia. I loved their music back then too but they were never all that.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    Nicole is one of the best vocalists in the business and basically the voice of the group, she is THAT talented tbh
    big_fat_lie.mp3

And I'm talking about the group, NOT Nicole.
    That’s not a lie at all (at the end of the day that is a matter of opinion anyways)

and Nicole was part of that said group, and sang 95% Yes the rest of the Girls aren’t vocal powerhouses and Melody is rather miss than hit, but they worked and the others performed their *sses off, especially Kimberly is a highly talented dancer

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Nicole is one of the best vocalists in the business and basically the voice of the group, she is THAT talented tbh
    big_fat_lie.mp3

And I'm talking about the group, NOT Nicole.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    The audacity.
    More like the truth.

Leave a comment:

• MrDiva
    replied
    The audacity.
    More like the truth.
    Eww
    No

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    The audacity.
    More like the truth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X