Whitney Houston - Just Whitney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitney Houston - Just Whitney

she's back, and online! her album has been leaked to the net. have just listened to it, entirely. and it's brill. there are some weak tracks, but above all, it's a whitney album, it has everything. Maybe i'm now more into india arie, jerzee monet and these kind of things, but she's still whitney. a classy whitney track might be "Love that man".

bye folks!

I've only heard a few tracks one of em being 'Love that man' classic Whitney I agree, cant wait to hear the whole thing.
    So take me and break me and make me strong like you.I'll be forever grateful to this and you.

Comment

I haven't heard it yet but I want to listen to it cos it sounds great. i like Whatchulookinat (or how you spell it...)

Comment

I have to agree. I'm not a huge Whitney fan but the songs I heard on the net so far are great. Especially "Tell Me No."
        Jamie

Comment

I have the complete album too now and I wonder who actually puts the album on the internet? Someone who doesn't like her? Someone from the record label or studio? It's strange.

Comment

"One Of Those Days" debuted at No. 96 in the Billboard chart, it looks like it'll be the next single.

Comment

i just read sth really interesting about promotion and veteran artists, and i think that although you are the boss, whitney or madonna, you need the best promotion to stay on top. whitney has failed a bit with the promotion thing, and the publicity she gets is not as good as we could expect.

Comment

That's true.

Big artits never really promote their stuff, Madonna, never does and always does well.

Mariah Carey never did much promotion, but now she's doing loads, due to 'Glitter's sales.

Whitney was never much fro promotion either was she?

I think she felt she didn't have too, becasue of 'My Love Is Your Love' doing so well.
                Riposarsi Negli Pesca Madre - 1960 - 2004
                Ti Voglio Bene! Per cortesěa orologio io!

Comment

I have the album and I must say it's very good. "Tell Me No" has to be the third single!

Comment

Boogie wrote in another thread:

well this album has gone in at number 67
                    i reckon she will be dropped soon

how is she doin in america!
                    from
                    CRAIG (CJ)
                    (soul/R&B/hip hop moderator)

Comment

Yeah but her album is just a limited edition release at the moment, the official release will be in January!

Comment

oh right!
                        hahahahaha, i knew it wasn;t the real one!
                        great, thats why it never did well

thank god for that! PHHHHHEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW
                        *Single Of The Week - Beverley Knight - Come As You Are*

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova2002
                          Yeah but her album is just a limited edition release at the moment, the official release will be in January!
                          Alas! Hope she does well, cos i was shocked to see her so low!

Comment

I don't understand this. :-?
                            Why would she release a limited edition before the official release. Didnt she realise that would affect the sales?
                            Is the proper version going to be different? The version that came out on;y had eleven songs on. Do you think the new version will have more songs?
                            When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
                            Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

Well all i know thats different about the limited edition version is that it has a DVD! I don't know whats on it though!

On the subject of low chart posotions have you noticed that all the "big" singers/groups who are making comebacks are doing quite bad in the charts, on both sides of the Atlantic too?

Comment

I've got the limited version of Just Whitney. The DVD has the video for Whatchulookinat, a behind the scenes video and the love to infinity megamix video. I've noticed that all the big artists aren't selling anymore, and i cant understand it. Just Whitney is a great album, and is just one of many that has flopped. I cant see the normal version selling well in January either.
                                When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
                                Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

Please move to Retro section.
                                  This album is actually a very good album, like Mariah's Charmbracelet. Alot of dislike but only because it wasnt' as commercial as their previous successes.

Love that Man is just a great jam.
                                  This line always gets me:

Things just aint the way that they use to be
                                  Back in the day
                                  When a man meant security

Show me dem dollars sons!!!

I also loved One Of Those Days. Such a laid back summer tune. Driving down the coast!
                                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

This album was "just okay".
                                    Certainly not worthy of Whitney's status and a mediocre follow-up to the brilliant My Love Is Your Love album.

I think it's enjoyable for fans and an album that's "just for fans".

Comment

Isn't it strange how the big 1990s R&B divas like Mariah, Whitney and Toni released underwhelming albums in 2002? Charmbracelet, Just Whitney, and More Than a Woman are pretty much their worst albums. All sounded like they were competing with the new trend of 2000s R&B with how they looked and sounded.

The best songs from here are "One of Those Days" and "Love That Man". This album achieved a feat that her previous studio album (My Love Is Your Love) didn't which was weird since she was in a far better place career-wise in 1998. Just Whitney was her biggest opening week sales despite "Whatchulookinat" being an abysmal flop.

Comment

I only use Try It On My Own now.

Whatchulookinat, Try It On My Own, Dear John Letter, Tell Me No and Things You Say were hot back then but don't sound like Whitney classics now they expired.

Comment

I don't care what anyone else says, to this day One Of Those Days still remains as one of my favourite Whitney tunes EVER. Always puts in a good mood, such a laid back, fun song.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda
                                            I don't care what anyone else says, to this day One Of Those Days still remains as one of my favourite Whitney tunes EVER. Always puts in a good mood, such a laid back, fun song.
                                            I liked the remix, also the Bad Boy remix of Whatchulookinat was cool. Dear John Letter was probably my fave on here.
                                            [youtube:51b769s9]rmzZi16-qR0[/youtube:51b769s9]

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda
                                              I love you for this comment. It's such a feel good, laid back song
                                              I'm listening to it now with my beats headphones. Such a potent beat on blast
                                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Unashamed >>>>>>>>
                                                Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                                                All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                                  Unashamed >>>>>>>>
                                                  Totally! I love it! It's one of her most overlooked gems!
                                                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [325-321]

Comment

Working...
                                                  X