No announcement yet.

Whitney Houston - Just Whitney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For this record, they just wanted a feel-good vibe. It's not like in My Love Is Your Love where they really were going for the "Whitney should be reinvented for the late 1990s" kind of theme.

Comment

"Try It On My Own" is really underrated.
      [youtube:308pg285]aA9mmz508Ro[/youtube:308pg285]
      That "keep it real" always makes me kii for some reason.
      Originally posted by Kaloki
      I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

One of Those Days is a bop

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealest
          One of Those Days is a bop
          That's my summer, drop top song
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

One of Those Days and Whatchulookinat are the only keepers from this album.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlu84
              I'd say it's OOTD and Love That Man
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Guru

LTM is ok even Dear John Letter

Comment

Weak album all in all.

But I've always imagined if Love that Man was sung by prime-Whitney, it would've fit perfectly in IYBT album.
                  "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                  - Time

Comment

Originally posted by Guru

LTM is ok even Dear John Letter
                    She definitely has some good album songs but ,Amy don't stand out. OMO, Unashamed, YLUML stand out for me as album tracks.

Comment

So what’s the problem with this album? Why did it flop, why does it get so much hate?
                      I just listened to it for the first time and I think it’s quite nice. It’s not as good as MLIYL but it’s just as good as ILTY. "Dear John Letter“, "Unashamed" and "Whatchulookinat" are bops and her cover of "You Light Up My Life" is beautiful.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                        So what’s the problem with this album? Why did it flop, why does it get so much hate?
                        I just listened to it for the first time and I think it’s quite nice. It’s not as good as MLIYL but it’s just as good as ILTY. "Dear John Letter“, "Unashamed" and "Whatchulookinat" are bops and her cover of "You Light Up My Life" is beautiful.
                        Probably because Whatchulookinat wasn't a good first single choice. And after it didn't do well on the chart, there seemed to be no interest anymore. Shame really. I think Tell Me No would have been a better first single choice with Try It On My Own as follow up to give the fans the ballad they love her for. Maybe the era would have gone differently. I do have to admit, I'm not very fond of the album. It's my least favorite studio album (not counting the Christmas album).
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Of all the big diva flops released during 01-04, this one would have to be my fave.

The world just wasn’t ready for ratchet Whitney unless it was to mock her in the tabloids.
                          Originally posted by Kaloki
                          I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

Working...
                          X