X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aurelia
    Manager
    • 30 Jun 2006

Ashlee Simpson - Bittersweet World

I searched and there was no topic for this yet.

Ash is preparing her third album.

Plotting Ashlee Simpson's next musical move is going to be "very tricky," producer/ Geffen Records chairman Ron Fair told MTV News. "She is a really great singer, and I think she proved that on her last record," he said. "She's in a very tight spot. She's got an extremely famous sister. Everything they do is magnified by the press. ... It's very hard to do anything if you're under that kind of scrutiny." But don't count the younger Simpson — who Fair called "a real star" — out just yet. "Our company is going to work with her and we're going to figure out how to overcome those prejudices ... because she deserves to be heard and she deserves a shot." ...
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/154739 ... hlee.jhtml

She'd like to work with the Cure.

• Tripped
    Superstar
    • 14 May 2006

I like her, she is extremely... likeable She found her sound, she knew what she was doing, and she's thus far made 2 really great albums. Especially I Am Me. I really enjoyed that record.

Let's hope she does the hatrick

I'm sure she will. Anyway, I don't know what Ron Fair's talking about. He talks out of his arse. Everyone prefers her to Jessica :-? I don't see it as a difficult album for Ashlee :-?

I'd like a little bit of change, a bit of developement, nothing major though. Maybe a few dance elements. If she's being inspired by The Cure, that could be cool.

If she gets a fly 1st single, the first week sales could be off the scale.

She rocks

Comment

• westhammer
      Legend
      • 10 Jul 2004

Its stupid she only released one single off the last album here!

I dont see the neccessity of this thread, as its all about US release and nothing to do with the UK
      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Blondini
        Site Supporter
        • 01 Nov 2005

Originally posted by westhammer

I dont see the neccessity of this thread, as its all about US release and nothing to do with the UK
        Point one- i totally agree- complete waste of a great album.

Point two- well, at least we know something is coming.
        The Cure- would be interesting, but they've hardly been full of pop gems recently, have they? Mint Car? Not exactly La La. :-?

Comment

• snwbrder757
          Manager
          • 13 Sep 2006

Originally posted by westhammer

US people come on here too though lol.

Comment

• kushi
            Legend
            • 20 Oct 2005

We got all her singles over in Australia. Possibly because no one in the UK bothers to buy her CDs, that's why she doesn't realease or promote in the UK... I mean after all, Leona Lewis is #1 atm in the UK :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
            Originally posted by Thriller
            Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

• Cactuar
              Superstar
              • 24 Dec 2006

I agree with Kushi. I Am Me debuted so badly in the UK and took some time to peak and even it's peak was low.

But fantastic news, I would really like to hear what she has next. I Am Me was a great album.
              Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
              Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• Tripped
                Superstar
                • 14 May 2006

Originally posted by kushi
                We got all her singles over in Australia. Possibly because no one in the UK bothers to buy her CDs, that's why she doesn't realease or promote in the UK... I mean after all, Leona Lewis is #1 atm in the UK :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
                You'll get nowhere with Leona bashing, we're all far too proud

Boyfriend got to #11, and was actually properly big at the time. Then they gave up. So what do you all expect to happen...

Comment

• Benjamin
                  Legend
                  • 29 Mar 2005

Originally posted by kushi
                  Agreed, 100 %
                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• child_destinys
                    Legend
                    • 29 Jun 2002

Wasn't the album just released then Boyfriend came out after...I remember the release being really random anyway.

Boyfriend did quite well, they should've followed it up with another single.

I don't know what this guy is on about either, Jessica's career is hardly overwhelmingly successful at the moment.
                    You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

• Aurelia
                      Manager
                      • 30 Jun 2006

Per MonicaMania, Ash is hard at work!

Pop star Ashlee Simpson checked in with her fans and said that she’s currently working on her upcoming 3rd album, and it will be more soulful than her previous records. I bet that’s a good sign of things to come cuz her sister Jessica also tried the soulful route for her last album “A Public Affair” and hooked up with R&B masterminds like Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis (Chante Moore, Deborah Cox), Johnta Austin (Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey) and Corey Rooney (Jennifer Lopez, Toni Braxton). I wonder whom Ashlee will hook up with for this album, but hopefully she won’t ditch longtime partners, producer John Shanks (Katharine McPhee, Michelle Branch) and songwriter Kara Dioguardi (Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson), as they were responsible for all of Simpson’s hits and they have great chemistry in the studio!

Comment

• amsterdamned
                        Superstar
                        • 21 Oct 2004

i like ashlee
                        and my heart just melts
                        Ice Cream Truck

Comment

• bkh
                          Manager
                          • 14 Apr 2006

Someone make a petition to make "Invisible" a bonus track on the new album? I'm so annoyed "I Am Me" didn't get re-released..."Invisible" rules!!

Comment

• Colin
                            Legend
                            • 05 Nov 2005

Invisible is class, hopefully it will get featured on the new album with the video on CD/DVD.

Roll on the new album, I was listening to Pieces Of Me the other day and it reminded me of how great of a debut she had.
                            LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

• volver
                              Legend
                              • 27 Oct 2006

The Cure frontman Robert Smith has teamed up with singer Ashlee Simpson for a collaboration on her new album.

The as-yet-untitled album is the follow up to 2005's I Am Me.

Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz denied any involvement in putting the unusual pair together, even though both of them are his personal friends.

He said: "I doubt I had anything to do with it, 'cause they were friends since she was performing in Chicago. But I definitely only have good things to say about Ash--I think the collaboration could be great."

Simpson is also known to be working with Keane's Tim Rice-Oxley, Chad Hugo from the Neptunes, and John Legend, reports Entertainment Weekly.
                              They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

• Rock_Steady
                                Personal Assistant
                                • 12 Jan 2006

I'm looking forward to some new Ashlee music. I have her albums and I must say they are fantastic.

The collaborations on this new album seem pretty exciting!

Comment

• Carftwork
                                  • 14 Mar 2007

the simpson sisters are the most annoying and talentless things in music today... complete waste of time

Comment

• crazyman324
                                    Legend
                                    • 08 Feb 2004

Originally posted by Carftwork
                                    the simpson sisters are the most annoying and talentless things in music today...

?

I loved I Am Me

Comment

• Blondini
                                      Site Supporter
                                      • 01 Nov 2005

Robert Smith eh? Surprising. I knew she had taste!

Comment

• Tripped
                                        Superstar
                                        • 14 May 2006

Sounds GREAT

I love her.

Comment

Working...