Sophie Ellis Bextor - Me And My Imagination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frederic
    Only #23? I thought she was as popular in the UK as she is on UKMIX It deserved to do better than Catch You imo. :(
    Not really. Her last album dropped 19- 58 then vanished. Can't see how the new one will do much better. Thriller is right, pre-orders mean shit. It's record company hype.
    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (8th August 20) - Hannah Georgas, Hannah Ferm, Alain Johannes, Arre! Arre!, The Ninth Wave, Taylor Swift ft Bon Iver, The Streets ft Idles, The Psychedelic Furs, Wye Oak, SPC ECO, Max Richter, Rival Consoles, !!!, Jon Anderson, Clint Mansell and Clint Walsh, Hatty Keane, Alanis Morissette

Comment

• She's one of the most underrated artists at the moment IMO. I can see the album charting anywhere from top 10 to top 40, it's really hard to predict. I'm gonna guess around the 20-25 area though :(
      So when I speak, listen

Comment

• I agree Martie, and it's a shame it didn't do better. I'm not for making excuses, but as someone already said, the fact that the album comes out tomorrow will mean a lot of people wouldn't have bought the single.

Anyway, i'm getting the album first thing tomorrow, i can't bloody wait!! Nobody makes modern, edgy, yet listenable pop music like Sophie!

Comment

• Shes not a bit underrared. Shes overrated on here actually. She contributes nothing to pop IMO, other than mediocre singles. She just cant compete realistically
          You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Originally posted by WyRee
            Nobody makes modern, edgy, yet listenable pop music like Sophie!
            True! Her pop is so classy and sophisticated when compared to other pop releases.

Well, #23. I hope it goes to #20 next week, although it might not be much possible. The song could hopefully be gaining momentum in iTunes by the second week.

The song climbed up the airplay chart by the way, it moved 3 spots up to #10 this week.

And Jesus, Umbrella a #1 based on downloads only?! British folks must really adore it.
            Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
            Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• I'm sorry, I love this song a lot too, but what's the big tragedy here? So many people tend to forget nowadays, in this brainwashed country of downloaders and moronic BRIT school indie bands that to get anywhere in the Top 40 is an achievement in itself, whether you go in at 38, 17 or 6. Even if you're not number 1, it's still something that's recognised by a lot of people and given due respect to. Whatever happens to Sophie, at least the music is still there for us to listen us to, so stop getting so down about it. P.S. The new album is brilliant.
              If there's lessons to be learned, I'd rather get my jam of words in first...

Comment

• she goes back in the top 10 airplay chart this, from 13 to 10.

The album will make top 5, looking at sales already, she has offically been given silver award, which is 60,000 plus sales, and she is only 20,000 from gold certificate, this was all awarded to her on may 19th when the album was released
                Trip The Light Fantastic - Get your copy now

Comment

• Originally posted by bextorRgo
                  she goes back in the top 10 airplay chart this, from 13 to 10.

The album will make top 5, looking at sales already, she has offically been given silver award, which is 60,000 plus sales, and she is only 20,000 from gold certificate, this was all awarded to her on may 19th when the album was released
                  See, not such a disaster after all
                  If there's lessons to be learned, I'd rather get my jam of words in first...

Comment

• and she has gone straight in at 8 on the UK dance singles chart
                    Trip The Light Fantastic - Get your copy now

Comment

• OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111
                      Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skelofect
                        OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111
                        I know
                        1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

• This thread is officially crazy
                          OMG, if she this album happens to flop on Janet Jackson porpotions, her fans are officially gone try to EXPLODE the world!

-DEAD-

Comment

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? IS IT #1???
                            i'm crossing my fingers and hoping..... oh please tell me its true
                            This and that.. http://thesaintking.tumblr.com

Comment

• ^^ Oh dear, cultural differences.

It would be nice if a few of you stopped walking that fine line between spamming (e.g. "a few more copies guys, we can do this, we can make Sophie number one") and showing genuine enthusiasm about the music ("e.g. "*such and such* track is excellent, really proves how talented Sophie is") - stick with the latter as the former is extremely annoying to read.

Comment

• This is 'Smash of the Week' on Belgium's biggest radio station

Comment

• I don't care about sales anymore. Her best album, and one of the best this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyBoy88
                                    I don't care about sales anymore. Her best album, and one of the best this year.
                                    Hypocrite!

A few weeks ago you were all shouting out about how many pre-orders she had. Gloatiing that she was already certified gold even before the release.

Now when you realise the album had a good first week and is now dropping like a log, you come onto the thread and post crap like you don't care about sales and all you care about is the quality of the album It really is quite pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassette
                                      Originally posted by BabyBoy88
                                      I don't care about sales anymore. Her best album, and one of the best this year.
                                      Hypocrite!

A few weeks ago you were all shouting out about how many pre-orders she had. Gloatiing that she was already certified gold even before the release.

Now when you realise the album had a good first week and is now dropping like a log, you come onto the thread and post crap like you don't care about sales and all you care about is the quality of the album It really is quite pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cassette
                                        Hypocrite!

That's harsh
                                        I think we just want SEB to be as possible!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kaushik
                                          Originally posted by Skelofect

*dies from laughter*
                                          Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Originally posted by kaushik
                                            Originally posted by Skelofect

*dies from laughter*
                                            ROFL

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycool
                                              Originally posted by Cassette
                                              Hypocrite!

That's harsh
                                              Lol, it is, but he's not completly wrong, there are tons of people acting like that.
                                              This is the last word, this is the last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squeeze
                                                Originally posted by crazycool
                                                Originally posted by Cassette
                                                Hypocrite!

That's harsh
                                                Lol, it is, but he's not completly wrong, there are tons of people acting like that.
                                                Maybe, but this was a random attack - I never posted anything about sales in this thread.

Comment

• I just love her green outfit here
                                                  [youtube:du478x9d]ip76O6g3hZs[/youtube:du478x9d]
                                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Underrated bop. Also, one of her gayest songs, I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                                                      Underrated bop. Also, one of her gayest songs, I love it.
                                                      I'd leave the gayest title to "Get Over You"
                                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Probably my favourite song from her. I love how it sounds unique but also like a typical Sophie song at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X