Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dior
    replied
    This album as a whole is a bit weak but there are some truly great songs on it.

I find it strange how many people rate Sunflowers so lowly! That song gives me chills, I can unfortunately relate to it though so perhaps that's why I connect with it.

"The One" is one of the most hideously over-produced songs in history.

It could have been hot but by the time you get to the end it's all just a bunch of noise with Mariah shrieking in the background!

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    Boy deserves -10!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Eamon
    Originally posted by Lorenzo
    12- Subtle Invitation 0/10
    Criminal!!
    Boy got 2/10

Leave a comment:

• Skoolio
    replied
    This ties with "E=MC²" as my third favourite MC album of the 00's.

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorenzo
    Criminal!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's weird, because I LOVE IT! My favorite album of the 00's!

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    I can never get into this album fully.

The only songs I use from this is My Saving Grace, I Only Wanted, Bringing on the Heartbreak and the remix of Through The Rain.

Leave a comment:

• PosziMC2
    replied
    Not u giving BOTH 1/10 tho...

Leave a comment:

• Lorenzo
    replied
    Unfortunately CB is the worst mariah album for me.
    My rank:

01- Through the rain 8/10
    02- Boy i need you 2/10
    03- The one 8/10
    04- Yours 5/10
    05- You got me 2/10
    06- I only wanted 2/10
    07- Clown 2/10
    08- Saving grace 10/10
    09- You had your chance 1/10
    10- Lullaby 2/10
    11- Irresistible 0/10
    13- Bringin' On the Heartbreak 1/10
    14- Sunflowers for Alfred Roy 2/10
    15- Through the rain remix 10/10

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    "Lullaby" is one of my huge faves now!

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    I love it now, before I used to rank it as my worst, but I get to appreciate it when I read the lyrics as I listen to the songs. There are some songs though that pull the album's quality down.

Leave a comment:

• Pawlu84
    replied
    I recently took off this album from my ipod I only kept You had you chance and Irresistable #unpopular opinion

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    My ideal Charmbracelet album would have been like this. For me, it sounds so much better with only these tracks. Also, it would have been even better if we removed all of Jermaine's vocals in the songs.

Track listing
    1. Through the Rain
    2. The One
    3. Yours
    4. My Saving Grace
    5. You Had Your Chance
    6. Lullaby
    7. Subtle Invitation
    8. Bringin' on the Heartbreak
    9. Sunflowers for Alfred Roy
    10. There Goes My Heart

Bonus Tracks:
    11. I Only Wanted
    12. Clown

"Boy (I Need You)", "You Got Me", "Irresistible (Westside Connection)" and "Through the Rain" (Remix) should be the bonus new material for The Remixes alongside "I Know What You Want" and "Miss You".

Leave a comment:

• Titan3510
    replied
    Charmbracelet is an intimate, mood album: you have to be in the right mood to really enjoy it. And it's written like introspective diary entries so...you really have to be in the right mood.

I don't think her voice was that bad. After a year of not doing any kind of vocal exercises or serious singing, I'm surprised she sounded the way she did.

The vocals aren't dire but it's just meh...she just didn't sound like Mariah Carey on this album. From what I could tell, she didn't want to sound like herself either.

That said...Subtle Invitation and Bringin' On The Heartbreak are two of the best vocal performances of the '00s. Lullaby is probably the only song that would merit her singing in her quiet falsetto the entire song.

The lyrics are extremely well-written. And I love the production...

Individually, almost all the songs on the album are solid. Even the rejects, "Miss You" and "There Goes My Heart Again" aren't too shabby.

I don't know what she was thinking. Charmbracelet was not radio-friendly.

-----------------------------

What's with the sudden interest in Mariah's old albums?

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by firefly_86
    - She experimented with live soul tracks on Subtle Invitation and There Goes My Heart which became the theme that ran throughout TEOM. In fact you can hear that she re-use the chords for There Goes My Heart after it was left off Charmbracelet for Fly Like A Bird.
    True! This was her transitioning phase that led to the themes in The Emancipation of Mimi.

Leave a comment:

• Pawlu84
    replied
    If she sang the songs even with Memoirs vocals it could have become my fave album by her.

Leave a comment:

• firefly_86
    replied
    This album got a bad deal. It's a really well written album, it's a shame that her voice was in such poor shape.

It's interesting how it set up TEOM though:

- The songs were so long, most of them almost 5 mins or more, she learned the lesson and the songs on TEOM were edited much better, more radio friendly and succinct.

- She experimented with live soul tracks on Subtle Invitation and There Goes My Heart which became the theme that ran throughout TEOM. In fact you can hear that she re-use the chords for There Goes My Heart after it was left off Charmbracelet for Fly Like A Bird.

- She's always talked about how the Charmbracelet tour re-trained her voice for TEOM, hence the 'Return of the Voice' campaign

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    Boy (I Need You) as a single was just.. :-?
    one of her best videos but one of her worst songs.. so crappy. even the original by cam'ron was pure shit.

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    Originally posted by therealestMC
    This > E=MC2 and that album from 2009.

The vocals are the only thing that bring this album down because lyrically and production wise, it's on point.

"Bringin' On The Heartbreak" is one of the best things she's done in the past decade.
    I agree!

Leave a comment:

• ForeverYoung
    replied
    The vocals on this album are horrific and so is its production. The lyrics are some of her best, ever, though.

Leave a comment:

• PosziMC2
    replied
    Originally posted by therealestMC
    "Bringin' On The Heartbreak" is one of the best things she's done in the past decade.
    THIS! I love BOTH so much

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    This > E=MC2 and that album from 2009.

The vocals are the only thing that bring this album down because lyrically and production wise, it's on point.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Poor lead single but awesome hidden gem of an album!!! Listen to it ever so often but honestly love it!!!

Leave a comment:

• Wmosi
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    Sometimes, I love this and sometimes I don't like this album. :-?
    Same here.

She was so basic this entire era... most of the performances were Playback, the album flopped, the singles flopped, her voice was piss-poor (before the Tour).

I mean.... Ewww. At least during Glitter she was flopping with style, this was down-right embarrassing.

The CB Tour was the only saving grace of this period.

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Subtle Invitation >>>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X