No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Charmbracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to be in a mood to listen to TTR. I find it to be too “try hard” at times whereas something like Portrait is more immediate and seems more genuine.

Originally posted by MrDash View Post
    The video presented some great visuals. I enjoyed that.
    Yeah the video is at least eventful but couldve been used for a better song

The days when she actually had a budget.
    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post

I'm not surprised that Mariah was disappointed with the roll out for this, but I disagree with her (in her Genius interview) when she said that it was a wrong decision to release "Through the Rain" and have the whole autobiographical theme of the video. I think "Through the Rain" is one of her best videos ever. "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" was also an incredible remake. "Yours" could have been a great single at the time, it was so different from the Ashanti, J.Lo, Kelly Rowland type of collabo songs that dominated the Billboard charts. It was so safe of them to go with releasing "Boy (I Need You)" just to get a hit.
      Well, it wasn't safe to release Boy. It wasn't a hit. They should have gone for Bringin' On The Heartbreak with a worldwide release.

As for Through The Rain: it was a good choice IMO. It was a hit in many countries. I wonder if she had gone for another single in the USA, if she would have had a hit. I don't think so. It's the strongest song on the album.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
        The only songs I like(d) are TTR & BOTH... The rest are just as bad as Infinity
        Sis, u're cancelled

Originally posted by lambforever View Post
        I use to play i only wanted over and over. Such a beautiful song. I need to give this album a spin again
        Unpopular opinion but I Only Wanted > My All

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
        Boy (I need you) is a kayute lil'bop.
        I stan.
        Same!

Comment

• i will never understand why they didn't push BOTH in Europe... when in fact she was constantly singing it and sounded amazing... I mean... it was a sure top 20 single all across the markets.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Unpopular opinion but I Only Wanted > My All
            Unpopular...and wrong.

I Only Wanted is a solid track but it doesn't hold up next to My All. My All is one of the most gorgeous tracks in her entire discography. I do love the lyrics of I Only Wanted though. But that's true for most of the Charmy album.

Comment

• But an opinion can't be wrong nor right!

I Only Wanted affects me in a special way, I can't explain it.

The Latin Trilogy is flawless tho.

I Only Wanted (10/10) > My All (9.8) > After Tonight (9.2, my favorite key change btw).

Comment

• Opinions are like ass****’s, everybody has one!

Comment

• I Only Wanted is amazing (and so much better than After Tonight), however, My All is IT. My All is one of the greatest song ever by anyone.
                  My Chart

Comment

• I love Boy (I need you) I enjoyed watching the Making Of the video, it was so fun!
                    It took me YEARS to truly appreciate this album but it the past few years it has become one of my most played.
                    MARIAH

Comment

But an opinion can't be wrong nor right!

I Only Wanted affects me in a special way, I can't explain it.

The Latin Trilogy is flawless tho.

I Only Wanted (10/10) > My All (9.8) > After Tonight (9.2, my favorite key change btw).
                      I only wanted is also my fave from the latin trio.
                      Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                        Opinions are like ass****’s, everybody has one!

Comment

• Boy (I Need You) sounds much better in full voice:

A BOP.

Comment

• I remember this era vividly. Actually, here on UKMIX it was discussed at length.

I dig the vibe of the album and I enjoy the hip-hop and R&B tracks: You Had Your Chance, The One, Irresistable, You Got Me, Boy.... and some strong lyricism on this record too.
                            Baaaaad relationship??
                            The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

Boy (I Need You) sounds much better in full voice:

A BOP.
                              Totally sounds like a different version or something!
                              She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
                                Totally sounds like a different version or something!
                                I know!

The kiss at 3:54 tho

Comment

I know!

The kiss at 3:54 tho
                                  I guess she was going for the cheek but he turned quickly and bam!
                                  She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Muzikritik View Post
                                    I remember this era vividly. Actually, here on UKMIX it was discussed at length.

I dig the vibe of the album and I enjoy the hip-hop and R&B tracks: You Had Your Chance, The One, Irresistable, You Got Me, Boy.... and some strong lyricism on this record too.
                                    I Agree completely. It goes under appreciated. I do believe that lyrically it is one of her strongest efforts.

Comment

• You Had Your Chance was my bop when CB came out. I sorta also enjoyed the TTR remix with Faith Evans & Kelly Price & Joe.

Comment

• I think it's her best lyrically.

Comment

• I found a video of Mariah singing yours live on the rehearsal from GMA in 2003 that I won't share cause as soon as I heard it it went offline, but man... even bad quality recording didn't destroy her gorgeous tone there.
                                          Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Def Leppard's Joe Elliott talks about how Bringin' On The Heartbreak came to be

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...eppard-827407/

He still seems so shocked she covered it

Comment

• Wow, never seen that before. thanks for sharing!!
                                              Underneath The Stars

Comment

• BOTH vocals are just insane

Comment

• Just watched/ listened to TTR after years and it made me emotional. Both song and video are very underrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlu84 View Post
                                                    Just watched/ listened to TTR after years and it made me emotional. Both song and video are very underrated.
                                                    It deserves better for real.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X