X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franckoty007
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    Boy (I Need You) as a single was just.. :-?
    !!! If they were aiming for this type of single, "You Got Me" would have been a better choice imo. I mean she sampled a 1 year old popular single which is much more enjoyable than her song, then released it as a single, wtf?

Plus the song's performances were so embarassing (the dresses, the playbacks...).

That moment was epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E9Zw...ayer_embedded#

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Boy (I Need You) as a single was just.. :-?

Leave a comment:

• Pawlu84
    replied
    This album is good I like all the songs, the problem is her voice which is quite irritating to listen to in this album.

Leave a comment:

• Franckoty007
    replied
    This is definitely my least favorite album of hers along with Music Box and MOAIA, because of the same reason : too many boring songs imo.

I still like "You Got Me" and "Clown", but we can barely hear her. :(

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Subtle Invitation >>>

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Sometimes, I love this and sometimes I don't like this album. :-?

Leave a comment:

• Geisha
    replied
    I think she should release Clown as a single. I fully cracked up when I heard that one.

Leave a comment:

• Xevi
    replied
    I'm glad "The One" is her next single, as it's one of the best tracks on the album. "Yours" is going to be the third single: another great choice!

Leave a comment:

• urbanboy
    replied
    I bought this today and have just finished listening to it and......... I think it's great i love it. But then i love Mariah I have all the albums and think this is up there with 'butterfly' and 'Daydream'. Welcome back Mariah i've missed ya

Leave a comment:

• Aliiyssa
    replied
    I really like the album, it's better than 'Glitter', and that made #10 in the UK charts.

Hopefully it'll climb A LOT by sunday!

Leave a comment:

• Dazzle
    replied
    Don't give up on the album. The first time I heard it, I couldnt believe this was the same Mariah who made songs like Hero. I kept on listening to it and it really grows on you. Bringing on the heartbreak and my saving grace are future classics. Don't judge the midweek charts to reflect on the quality of an album. People doubt Mariah's abilities so have avoided buying the album. If they listened to it, it would change their minds.

Leave a comment:

• Tiger
    replied
    Jamie it looks like a lot of people agree with you cause it's limping in at #50

Leave a comment:

• jamiestevens
    replied
    I used to be a big Mariah fan but I downloaded her album yesterday and I have to say I don't like it at all. I would have purchased it if it had been a good CD.
    The songs are pretty dull for my taste and she just isn't the Mariah anymore she once used to be. Instead of taking a step forward she took two steps back. She doesn't sing a straight note anymore. I wouldn't say she's losing her voice this is just probably what she wants to sound like now, which isn't my cup of tea. What a shame.
    I hate to admit it (since I never liked Whitney) but Mrs Houston's album is MUCH better!!

Leave a comment:

• aneta
    replied
    The vocals on Through The Rain are so "copy & paste" (anyone who's ever edited a sound file will know...) and don't have a natural flow, I think this is the reason why she doesn't sing live, because it's quite difficult, there are hardly breaks for breathing as the bits are put together so neatly :-/ It's a bit of a shame, but the song still is pretty good.

If you're wondering if she's lost her voice I strongly suggest listening to "Bringin On The Heartbreak" (is that high note high or what), unless she'd recorded it 10 years ago I can assure you the voice is still there, she just doesn't do gymnastics in every song.

The album has really grown on me now btw, better than "Butterfly"

Leave a comment:

• Aliiyssa
    replied
    I don't know.

Maybe that's the reason for her never singing live during the promo for 'Through The Rain'?

Leave a comment:

• Geisha
    replied
    What do you all think? Is Mariah losing her voice? I don't think so, but I have heard a lot of people comment about it. It concerns me.

Leave a comment:

• urbanboy
    replied
    I love Mariah she truly is the best female artist ever. I have all the albums & I jus can't wait for this. Damn she looks good on the cover.

Leave a comment:

• aneta
    replied
    At least there aren't any dodgy copy-protection logos which is good

Leave a comment:

• Terence
    replied
    Holding her boobies? Is the charmbracelet in her left arm? Hmm...

Leave a comment:

• Lili
    replied
    for mariah fans who care to see what the back of the cd will look like

http://www.mariahdaily.com/gallery1/cbback.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Rawiri James
    replied
    Now I really wanna get this!! I'ma get it as soon as it comes out!

Leave a comment:

• BronxBadBoi
    replied
    Sorry to disappoint some of you but the album is not her best. I downloaded the whole album this weekend and listened to the whole thing. To me Mariah is losing her voice. i didn't understand what she was singing about in most of the songs. She's not singing she is doing a lot of whispering on this new album. A whole lot of whispering what happned to the old Mariah who had a strong voice. The album is ok but not her best. This album is better than Rainbow but can't touch Butterfly. CIAO :( :(

Leave a comment:

• Lili
    replied
    aww aneta, i want to hear! guess i'm gonna have to do some downloading right now

Leave a comment:

• geoxguy
    replied
    I love "The One". It reminds me of "Breakdown", one of my all-time favourites by Mariah.

I also agree about "The Roof" being one of her best.

Leave a comment:

• aneta
    replied
    Well I've just heard most of the album and my first impressions are similar to the impressions I had after hearing Aaliyah's "One In A Million" and Ashanti's "Ashanti" - "not too catchy at first" but both later on became my fave albums of the time!

It's a very real sounding album - you can feel the band playing real music, which does Mariah's voice justice. The orchestra credits on some tracks are huge. The songs are mid-tempo soul R&B jams mostly, with a few ballads.

So so far it's OK, it will most likely grow on me as a whole.

But I've already found a gem - a track that easily shoots straight into Mariah's top 10 best songs ever: "Bringing On The Heartbreak". This stuff is gonna give you goosebumps. Go, find it and enjoy

Isn't it the Def Leppard cover? If so, then my another fave MC song is a cover (the other ones are Against All Odds (her solo), The Beautiful Ones, Last Night A Dj... )

Update - just found the Def Leppard song in my dad's CD collection and yes it's the same song! The original is cool but Mariah gives it a bit more drama. What a brilliant song!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X