No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Charmbracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to hate "Boy (I Need You), but now I love it. I also love "I Only Wanted".
    Some people believe in God, I believe in music. Some people pray, I turn up the radio.

Comment

If she sang in this album with her normal voice it could be one of her best. All the songs are pleasent but I find her voice irritaiting in this album.

Comment

01- Through the rain 10/10
        02- Boy i need you 7/10
        03- The one 6/10
        04- Yours 8/10
        05- You got me 7/10
        06- I only wanted 7/10
        07- Clown 7/10
        08- Saving grace 7/10
        09- You had your chance 5/10
        10- Lullaby 5/10
        11- Irresistible 4/10
        12- Subtle Invitation 4/10
        13- Bringin' On the Heartbreak 10/10
        14- Sunflowers for Alfred Roy 5/10
        15- Through the rain remix 6/10
        16- Miss You 9/10

Don't understand why Miss You was only on the Japanese edition.
        While most MC albums are filled with 10/10 songs, most songs on this album barely get 7/10.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

This won't ever be one of my favorite albums, but the tour was her best ever.

Comment

Even if her tour had the cheapest looking set-up ever, it showcased her true live vocals compared her to other 2000s tours!

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
              Even if her tour had the cheapest looking set-up ever, it showcased her true live vocals compared her to other 2000s tours!
              I think the tour set up was nice!
              P=MC2's Top 20
              Originally posted by Merci
              Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by PosziMC2
                The set-up here in the Philippines was so bad!!!

Comment

It was circus like right?
                  P=MC2's Top 20
                  Originally posted by Merci
                  Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

For some reason, I am so into this album more than ever.

It was circus like right?
                    Yes!

Comment

I bought Charmbracelet a few weeks ago and unfortunately I was disappointed with it. The songs are overly long and too many of them are similar sounding. I always loved Through the Rain, which always spoke to me personally. I feel like more than anything this album wasn't as personal as it should have been given everything she had been through in her life before and during the recording sessions. Rainbow was a more personal and overall pleasing effort I feel; I think that one's quite underrated.

Comment

Her worst album by a mile. :x
                        Originally posted by beredy
                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Don't think I ever heard this album from start to finish without pause. I think it's her worst album too.

Comment

This grew on me, I used to rate it as her worst album together with Emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cless
                              Don't think I ever heard this album from start to finish without pause. I think it's her worst album too.

Comment

I didn't like this album at first, but it grew on me. There are not as many embellished, vocal acrobatic type ballads on this and I think that turned me off in the beginning. It's much humbler and vulnerable than a lot of her other records and that could take some getting used to.

"I Only Wanted", "The One", "Clown", "Through the Rain", "My Saving Grace", and "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" are the highlights for me.

Not Emotions! The title track and "If It's Over" alone make it impossible for that to be her worst album.
                                Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                  Not Emotions! The title track and "If It's Over" alone make it impossible for that to be her worst album.
                                  So far, I only love "Emotions", "Can't Let Go", "Make It Happen", "If It's Over" and "And You Don't Remember" from that album.

Comment

The only thing this album was good for was setting my expectations for her next album at basement level only to be blown away by The Emancipation of Mimi.
                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I wonder if she released "Bringin' On the Heartbreak" as a second single, she could have sold more I think.

Comment

I wonder if she released "Bringin' On the Heartbreak" as a second single, she could have sold more I think.
                                        It's the best song on the album so maybe.

If I could time travel and watch her record any album, it would be this one. It's such a weird album.

Comment

Bringin' On the Heartbreak is good. Never thought I would like it but it's really good.
                                          last.fm
                                          Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
                                            It's the best song on the album so maybe.

If I could time travel and watch her record any album, it would be this one. It's such a weird album.
                                            She also looked flawless during this era!

Comment

This will never be my all time favorite Mariah album (Emancipation, Butterfly & Me I Am Mariah battle that one out)

but it will always be in the top 5 for me. Fans and critics alike completely dismiss it, but aside from Butterfly, I think this is her most vulnerable record. For the time of it's release, the music just didn't mesh with what was popular. But unlike so much early 00s music, Charmbracelet actually has grown really beautifully.

I adore it. Subtle Invitation is where I see her music in 15 years. Jazzy, melismatic, mature and powerful.

I even grew to love Irresistible! I used to DESPISE that song, and then I listened to it with a fresh mindset, and I love it! Not a single song on the album I dislike.

Comment

Through The Rain - 8.5/10
                                                Boy (I Need You) - 5.5/10
                                                The One - 6/10
                                                Yours - 7.5/10
                                                You Got Me - 5/10
                                                I Only Wanted - 8/10
                                                Clown - 7/10
                                                My Saving Grace - 7/10
                                                You Had Your Chance - 7/10
                                                Lullaby - 6/10
                                                Irresistible - 5/10
                                                Subtle Invitation - 6.5/10
                                                Bringin' On The Heartbreak - 7.5/10
                                                Sunflowers For Alfred Roy - 6.5/10
                                                Through The Rain (Remix) - 2/10

Average - 6.4/10

My thoughts on Charmbracelet:

- Her voice is too airy and raspy here, but is not as bad on some songs
                                                - Although her belting is strong/high, it sounds forced
                                                - The production is a bit hit and miss - good on some, bad on others
                                                - Through The Rain (Remix) is the most horrific song she has ever recorded
                                                - You Got Me and Boy (I Need You) have too much rap, especially You Got Me
                                                - You Got Me, B(INY) and Irresistible are quite annoying
                                                But the time went sailing by, reluctantly we said goodbye and left our secret place so far behind...

Comment

Poor Charm! It just doesn't show its beauty on first listen, but it's a beautiful album. I prefer her when she sings something odd than cliché ballads or cheap dance tracks like in Musicbox.

Comment

• A very cohesive album.

Brilliant lyrics.

A balanced mix of maturity and fun.

Too much layers on vocals. Ugh, it would take forever for a casual listener to even like this album cos of that.
                                                    NoHype.

my lousy cover of "Sway"https://soundcloud.com/nyein-chann-a...n-martin-cover

Comment

Working...
                                                    X