Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Charmbracelet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Only Wanted is one of my favourite songs MC has recorded.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Nippian93
      I Only Wanted is one of my favourite songs MC has recorded.
      I love this song too. Very underrated.
      Floped and localed

      Comment


      • It has great vocals but it's such a copycat of "My All", she even admitted that.

        Comment


        • Through The Rain is her best video ever!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Goldmoney
            Her worst album by a mile. :x
            I still stand by this and it's still an utter s*** heap as a whole, but I must confess that Anklebracelet has three or four kute moments worth cherishing (specifically Clown, The One, the last minute of Through the Rain, and Boy (I Need You)
            Greatest Of All Time

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Goldmoney
              Originally posted by Goldmoney
              Her worst album by a mile. :x
              I still stand by this and it's still an utter s*** heap as a whole, but I must confess that Anklebracelet has three or four kute moments worth cherishing (specifically Clown, The One, the last minute of Through the Rain, and Boy (I Need You)
              My least fav from her as well.

              Such a snooze.

              Comment


              • Subtle Invitation is one of her best songs

                Comment


                • Subtle Invitation, Yours, I Only Wanted, The One and Through The Rain are my favs.

                  This is actually a solid album. I prefer it to Rainbow.
                  Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by biscuits
                    Subtle Invitation is one of her best songs
                    The climax>>>>>>
                    "You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."

                    Comment


                    • I Only Wanted, Boy (I Need You), Subtle Invitation, Through The Rain, Bringin' On The Heartbreak and Lullaby >>>>>>
                      I do wish her voice was in better condition, though.
                      It's a good album, much better than Rainbow and Litter.
                      Floped and localed

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Gravity
                        I Only Wanted, Boy (I Need You), Subtle Invitation, Through The Rain, Bringin' On The Heartbreak and Lullaby >>>>>>
                        I do wish her voice was in better condition, though.
                        It's a good album, much better than Rainbow and Litter.
                        I think she was in a good condition vocally. It just doesn't sound like the Mariah we're used to because of filters and autotune used on this album.
                        "You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."

                        Comment


                        • Where is the autotune in this album? This is actually the last album that stayed true to her vocal state at the time. She even managed to release the Mainstream AC edit of "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" on the single version which featured really raw unedited vocals, something she never did with her songs afterwards. The Emancipation of Mimi was a great vocal album but there were layers of digital altering of her vocals especially in songs like "Stay the Night" and "Your Girl".

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by hellohello
                            Subtle Invitation, Yours, I Only Wanted, The One and Through The Rain are my favs.

                            This is actually a solid album. I prefer it to Rainbow.
                            I think I agree with this entire post

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GetBack
                              Where is the autotune in this album? This is actually the last album that stayed true to her vocal state at the time. She even managed to release the Mainstream AC edit of "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" on the single version which featured really raw unedited vocals, something she never did with her songs afterwards. The Emancipation of Mimi was a great vocal album but there were layers of digital altering of her vocals especially in songs like "Stay the Night" and "Your Girl".
                              Her tone was literally different from her live performances. It's like she put a filter for her voice. It doesn't even sound much like her when she was belting. TEOM had a bit less from my observation since the rasp was still there, pitch down the vocals a semitone on that album and it'll reveal her real timbre.
                              "You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."

                              Comment


                              • This is her weakest effort to date IMO.
                                Too many uninspired compositions and her vocals are cringeworthy.

                                Still there are some highlights: Through The Rain (one of her best songs and videos), My Saving Grace, Clown, Subtle Invitation and Bringin' On The Heartbreak. Still I always wonder how they would have sounded with better vocals.

                                Comment


                                • This was her back to basics, bring back the old Mariah album. I like that she didn't sound like she wasn't chasing the charts with this one.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by intosoul
                                    This is her weakest effort to date IMO.
                                    Glitter says hi
                                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

                                    Comment


                                    • I think Rainbow is her weakest ever.

                                      Comment


                                      • This is way far away being her weakest effort. Maybe there aren't many "hit" songs on it, but the lyrics are amazing. I think lyrically it's one of the top 2 records she ever did.


                                        Through The Rain, The One, I Only Wanted, My Saving Grace, Subtle Invitation, Bringin' On The Heartbreak are literally 5 out of 5.

                                        Clown and Boy deserve to be mentioned since I personally love them very much. (even tho I used to hate those songs for a very long time)
                                        See, I'm looking for a man that'll rub me slow, make me sing real high when he goes down low

                                        Comment


                                        • I never felt that she was flopping during this time because Through The Rain was a really big hit in my country

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Guru
                                            Originally posted by intosoul
                                            This is her weakest effort to date IMO.
                                            Glitter says hi
                                            Glitter is a solid enough album, except for its lead single, that should've never been recorded.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Guru
                                              Originally posted by intosoul
                                              This is her weakest effort to date IMO.
                                              Glitter says hi
                                              This.
                                              Floped and localed

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by GetBack
                                                I think Rainbow is her weakest ever.
                                                The highs on "Rainbow" are very high, the lows are very low.
                                                But it has too many gems to be her weakest effort: Mariah's Theme, Bliss, Against All Odds, Petals...

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by intosoul
                                                  Originally posted by GetBack
                                                  I think Rainbow is her weakest ever.
                                                  The highs on "Rainbow" are very high, the lows are very low.
                                                  But it has too many gems to be her weakest effort: Mariah's Theme, Bliss, Against All Odds, Petals...
                                                  That's true, the highs are indeed very high. All her remixes for the first three singles are also amazing. How I wish she included them on the album to cover up for the really bad ones like "Did I Do That?", "How Much" and "X Girlfriend".

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Rainbow/Charmbracelet and Emotions are the trinity of her worst albums Actually all songs on CB are good her vocals ruin the album.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X