• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueScorpion
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway
    This is my husbands favourite album. He has signed by vinyl. I think it's underrated big time. Through the rain is beautiful.
    I was thinking about this song today. It's truly beautiful in its melody, video, lyrics and vocal performance. I don't care it didn't have the recognition it deserved. I'll forever treasure it.
    I actually completely agree. To me it's just so raw and the vocals are just stunning.

Leave a comment:

• BlueScorpion
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway
    This is my husbands favourite album. He has signed by vinyl. I think it's underrated big time. Through the rain is beautiful.
    I was thinking about this song today. It's truly beautiful in its melody, video, lyrics and vocal performance. I don't care it didn't have the recognition it deserved. I'll forever treasure it.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    It canít decide whether it wants to be a Celine Dion album or a trashy ratchet album.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    This album is one of her most artistic efforts

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    Originally posted by dhenapie
    Currently listening to this gem. Funny how I used to really loathe this album a couple of years back, and now it's like in my top 3 faves from her.

I do still believe it could've been a lot better if she didn't go overboard with the whispering, but it's how masterful the lyrics were put together and its cohesiveness are the main assets of it so I could live with the whispering I guess.
    I warmed up to this album over the years. Now I'm finding new hidden gems and I can't get enough. It's a shame that this was slept on and the fact that she did not utilise her voice to its fullest. This is fine R&B though.

Leave a comment:

• dhenapie
    replied
    Currently listening to this gem. Funny how I used to really loathe this album a couple of years back, and now it's like in my top 3 faves from her.

I do still believe it could've been a lot better if she didn't go overboard with the whispering, but it's how masterful the lyrics were put together and its cohesiveness are the main assets of it so I could live with the whispering I guess.

Leave a comment:

• BlueScorpion
    replied
    I happened to be very surprised of how Through The Rain underperformed in markets such as the US. It was quite successful here in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by Muzikritik
    It had a real story from start to finish. And because of her circumstances at the time, it made for a revealing listen. Her lyricism was mature and engaging too.
    I agree! This is what is missing in many of her albums lately!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Muzikritik
    Originally posted by Pawlu84
    This album would be one of her best if it wasn't for her vocals (funny isn't it).
    I agree with this. It had a real story from start to finish. And because of her circumstances at the time, it made for a revealing listen. Her lyricism was mature and engaging too.

Though apart from the vocals it did lack a big hit single which all of her albums up until then had.

I still love all the urban tunes on this. You Had Your Chance and Irresistable are tunes and I might be the only one you still likes Boy and You Got Me.
    In the US you mean. Through The Rain was a bigger lead single in the UK than Emotions or Loverboy (Glitter).

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Lullaby >

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    This is the kind of album that would fit her perfectly today.

Leave a comment:

• iMacourey
    replied
    I love this album. I'm really into You Had Your Chance, Lullaby, Irresistible and Subtle Invitation at the moment, but really the whole album is solid. A lot of people didn't like her vocals on this but I think she sounded heavenly for the most part!

Leave a comment:

• Rawiri James
    replied
    Originally posted by Pawlu84
    This album would be one of her best if it wasn't for her vocals (funny isn't it).
    I agree with this. It had a real story from start to finish. And because of her circumstances at the time, it made for a revealing listen. Her lyricism was mature and engaging too.

Though apart from the vocals it did lack a big hit single which all of her albums up until then had.

I still love all the urban tunes on this. You Had Your Chance and Irresistable are tunes and I might be the only one you still likes Boy and You Got Me.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    "Subtle Invitation" is amazing!

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    I find this album fascinating tbh. And the vocals are lush.

Underrated.

Leave a comment:

• Pawlu84
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Controlfreak
    replied
    So many lambs hate this album I don't know why either. It's not that bad. It's better than Me I Am... tbh.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    I've always enjoyed "Yours" and "Through The Rain Remix".

I can kinda see the charm as to why folks like this album so much, but it;s just ok to me. Not one of my favs at all.

I've been meaning to give all her meh albums era a re-listen again. (Rainbow, Glitter, Charmbracelet).

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied
    If she scrapped five tracks and re-recorded the vocals, the album could pass as "okay".

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    It is not really a bad album, it just lacked a hit single.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Emotions is her 2nd best album after Butterfly.
    Glitter is mostly trash. It had a good idea (throwback 80s sound) but it was executed poorly. Too many drippy ballads and terrible covers.
    Charmbracelet was ruined by bad vocals, but it has many good compositions.

Leave a comment:

• Pawlu84
    replied
    Rainbow/Charmbracelet and Emotions are the trinity of her worst albums Actually all songs on CB are good her vocals ruin the album.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by intosoul
    Originally posted by GetBack
    I think Rainbow is her weakest ever.
    The highs on "Rainbow" are very high, the lows are very low.
    But it has too many gems to be her weakest effort: Mariah's Theme, Bliss, Against All Odds, Petals...
    That's true, the highs are indeed very high. All her remixes for the first three singles are also amazing. How I wish she included them on the album to cover up for the really bad ones like "Did I Do That?", "How Much" and "X Girlfriend".

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    I think Rainbow is her weakest ever.
    The highs on "Rainbow" are very high, the lows are very low.
    But it has too many gems to be her weakest effort: Mariah's Theme, Bliss, Against All Odds, Petals...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X