No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Charmbracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotions is her 2nd best album after Butterfly.
    Glitter is mostly trash. It had a good idea (throwback 80s sound) but it was executed poorly. Too many drippy ballads and terrible covers.
    Charmbracelet was ruined by bad vocals, but it has many good compositions.
    Floped and localed

Comment

• It is not really a bad album, it just lacked a hit single.

Comment

• If she scrapped five tracks and re-recorded the vocals, the album could pass as "okay".

Comment

• I've always enjoyed "Yours" and "Through The Rain Remix".

I can kinda see the charm as to why folks like this album so much, but it;s just ok to me. Not one of my favs at all.

I've been meaning to give all her meh albums era a re-listen again. (Rainbow, Glitter, Charmbracelet).

Comment

• So many lambs hate this album I don't know why either. It's not that bad. It's better than Me I Am... tbh.

Comment

• This album would be one of her best if it wasn't for her vocals (funny isn't it).

Comment

• I find this album fascinating tbh. And the vocals are lush.

Underrated.

Comment

• "Subtle Invitation" is amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlu84
                    This album would be one of her best if it wasn't for her vocals (funny isn't it).
                    I agree with this. It had a real story from start to finish. And because of her circumstances at the time, it made for a revealing listen. Her lyricism was mature and engaging too.

Though apart from the vocals it did lack a big hit single which all of her albums up until then had.

I still love all the urban tunes on this. You Had Your Chance and Irresistable are tunes and I might be the only one you still likes Boy and You Got Me.
                    Baaaaad relationship??
                    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

• I love this album. I'm really into You Had Your Chance, Lullaby, Irresistible and Subtle Invitation at the moment, but really the whole album is solid. A lot of people didn't like her vocals on this but I think she sounded heavenly for the most part!

Comment

• This is the kind of album that would fit her perfectly today.

Comment

• Lullaby >

Comment

• Originally posted by Muzikritik
                            Originally posted by Pawlu84
                            This album would be one of her best if it wasn't for her vocals (funny isn't it).
                            I agree with this. It had a real story from start to finish. And because of her circumstances at the time, it made for a revealing listen. Her lyricism was mature and engaging too.

Though apart from the vocals it did lack a big hit single which all of her albums up until then had.

I still love all the urban tunes on this. You Had Your Chance and Irresistable are tunes and I might be the only one you still likes Boy and You Got Me.
                            In the US you mean. Through The Rain was a bigger lead single in the UK than Emotions or Loverboy (Glitter).
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Muzikritik
                              It had a real story from start to finish. And because of her circumstances at the time, it made for a revealing listen. Her lyricism was mature and engaging too.
                              I agree! This is what is missing in many of her albums lately!

Comment

• I happened to be very surprised of how Through The Rain underperformed in markets such as the US. It was quite successful here in Europe.
                                You ain't gotta break down,
                                YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Currently listening to this gem. Funny how I used to really loathe this album a couple of years back, and now it's like in my top 3 faves from her.

I do still believe it could've been a lot better if she didn't go overboard with the whispering, but it's how masterful the lyrics were put together and its cohesiveness are the main assets of it so I could live with the whispering I guess.
                                  "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                                  - Time

Comment

• Originally posted by dhenapie
                                    Currently listening to this gem. Funny how I used to really loathe this album a couple of years back, and now it's like in my top 3 faves from her.

I do still believe it could've been a lot better if she didn't go overboard with the whispering, but it's how masterful the lyrics were put together and its cohesiveness are the main assets of it so I could live with the whispering I guess.
                                    I warmed up to this album over the years. Now I'm finding new hidden gems and I can't get enough. It's a shame that this was slept on and the fact that she did not utilise her voice to its fullest. This is fine R&B though.
                                    Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• This album is one of her most artistic efforts

Comment

• It canít decide whether it wants to be a Celine Dion album or a trashy ratchet album.
                                        Originally posted by beredy
                                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• This is my husbands favourite album. He has signed by vinyl. I think it's underrated big time. Through the rain is beautiful.
                                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway
                                            This is my husbands favourite album. He has signed by vinyl. I think it's underrated big time. Through the rain is beautiful.
                                            I was thinking about this song today. It's truly beautiful in its melody, video, lyrics and vocal performance. I don't care it didn't have the recognition it deserved. I'll forever treasure it.
                                            You ain't gotta break down,
                                            YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                                              Originally posted by BehindBreakaway
                                              This is my husbands favourite album. He has signed by vinyl. I think it's underrated big time. Through the rain is beautiful.
                                              I was thinking about this song today. It's truly beautiful in its melody, video, lyrics and vocal performance. I don't care it didn't have the recognition it deserved. I'll forever treasure it.
                                              I actually completely agree. To me it's just so raw and the vocals are just stunning.
                                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• ^^ I agree! Through The Rain is beautiful, much better than some of her more successful ballads.
                                                Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                                  It canít decide whether it wants to be a Celine Dion album or a trashy ratchet album.
                                                  She kinda perfected this formula with Emancipation.
                                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• I love Godbracelet

Comment

Working...
                                                    X