• Show
Clear All

• Storyteller
    replied
    Originally posted by Guru
    Originally posted by intosoul
    This is her weakest effort to date IMO.
    Glitter says hi
    Glitter is a solid enough album, except for its lead single, that should've never been recorded.

Leave a comment:

• pollei
    replied
    I never felt that she was flopping during this time because Through The Rain was a really big hit in my country

Leave a comment:

• YASgawd
    replied
    This is way far away being her weakest effort. Maybe there aren't many "hit" songs on it, but the lyrics are amazing. I think lyrically it's one of the top 2 records she ever did.

Through The Rain, The One, I Only Wanted, My Saving Grace, Subtle Invitation, Bringin' On The Heartbreak are literally 5 out of 5.

Clown and Boy deserve to be mentioned since I personally love them very much. (even tho I used to hate those songs for a very long time)

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    I think Rainbow is her weakest ever.

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by intosoul
    Glitter says hi

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    This was her back to basics, bring back the old Mariah album. I like that she didn't sound like she wasn't chasing the charts with this one.

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied
    Too many uninspired compositions and her vocals are cringeworthy.

Still there are some highlights: Through The Rain (one of her best songs and videos), My Saving Grace, Clown, Subtle Invitation and Bringin' On The Heartbreak. Still I always wonder how they would have sounded with better vocals.

Leave a comment:

• turbulent
    replied
    Originally posted by GetBack
    Where is the autotune in this album? This is actually the last album that stayed true to her vocal state at the time. She even managed to release the Mainstream AC edit of "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" on the single version which featured really raw unedited vocals, something she never did with her songs afterwards. The Emancipation of Mimi was a great vocal album but there were layers of digital altering of her vocals especially in songs like "Stay the Night" and "Your Girl".
    Her tone was literally different from her live performances. It's like she put a filter for her voice. It doesn't even sound much like her when she was belting. TEOM had a bit less from my observation since the rasp was still there, pitch down the vocals a semitone on that album and it'll reveal her real timbre.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Originally posted by hellohello
    Subtle Invitation, Yours, I Only Wanted, The One and Through The Rain are my favs.

This is actually a solid album. I prefer it to Rainbow.
    I think I agree with this entire post

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Where is the autotune in this album? This is actually the last album that stayed true to her vocal state at the time. She even managed to release the Mainstream AC edit of "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" on the single version which featured really raw unedited vocals, something she never did with her songs afterwards. The Emancipation of Mimi was a great vocal album but there were layers of digital altering of her vocals especially in songs like "Stay the Night" and "Your Girl".

Leave a comment:

• turbulent
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravity
    I Only Wanted, Boy (I Need You), Subtle Invitation, Through The Rain, Bringin' On The Heartbreak and Lullaby >>>>>>
    I do wish her voice was in better condition, though.
    It's a good album, much better than Rainbow and Litter.
    I think she was in a good condition vocally. It just doesn't sound like the Mariah we're used to because of filters and autotune used on this album.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    I Only Wanted, Boy (I Need You), Subtle Invitation, Through The Rain, Bringin' On The Heartbreak and Lullaby >>>>>>
    I do wish her voice was in better condition, though.
    It's a good album, much better than Rainbow and Litter.

Leave a comment:

• turbulent
    replied
    Originally posted by biscuits
    Subtle Invitation is one of her best songs
    The climax>>>>>>

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    Subtle Invitation, Yours, I Only Wanted, The One and Through The Rain are my favs.

This is actually a solid album. I prefer it to Rainbow.

Leave a comment:

• biscuits
    replied
    Subtle Invitation is one of her best songs

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney
    Her worst album by a mile. :x
    I still stand by this and it's still an utter s*** heap as a whole, but I must confess that Anklebracelet has three or four kute moments worth cherishing (specifically Clown, The One, the last minute of Through the Rain, and Boy (I Need You)
    My least fav from her as well.

Such a snooze.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Her worst album by a mile. :x
    I still stand by this and it's still an utter s*** heap as a whole, but I must confess that Anklebracelet has three or four kute moments worth cherishing (specifically Clown, The One, the last minute of Through the Rain, and Boy (I Need You)

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied
    Through The Rain is her best video ever!

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    It has great vocals but it's such a copycat of "My All", she even admitted that.

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    Originally posted by Nippian93
    I Only Wanted is one of my favourite songs MC has recorded.
    I love this song too. Very underrated.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    I Only Wanted is one of my favourite songs MC has recorded.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    Boy (I Need You) music video is actually really good.That era had great visuals that largely go unnoticed :(
    All her Charmbracelet videos were amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Controlfreak
    replied
    I enjoyed this album. A lot of fans/stans pay it dust tho. It has some very solid vocal performances and production on it.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Boy (I Need You) music video is actually really good.That era had great visuals that largely go unnoticed :(

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    "Lullaby" is amazing, very underrated song!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X