• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad
    Originally posted by GetBack
    I wonder if she released "Bringin' On the Heartbreak" as a second single, she could have sold more I think.
    It's the best song on the album so maybe.

If I could time travel and watch her record any album, it would be this one. It's such a weird album.
    She also looked flawless during this era!

Leave a comment:

• Chun
    replied
    Bringin' On the Heartbreak is good. Never thought I would like it but it's really good.

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    I wonder if she released "Bringin' On the Heartbreak" as a second single, she could have sold more I think.
    It's the best song on the album so maybe.

If I could time travel and watch her record any album, it would be this one. It's such a weird album.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    The only thing this album was good for was setting my expectations for her next album at basement level only to be blown away by The Emancipation of Mimi.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan
    This grew on me, I used to rate it as her worst album together with Emotions.
    Not Emotions! The title track and "If It's Over" alone make it impossible for that to be her worst album.
    So far, I only love "Emotions", "Can't Let Go", "Make It Happen", "If It's Over" and "And You Don't Remember" from that album.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    I didn't like this album at first, but it grew on me. There are not as many embellished, vocal acrobatic type ballads on this and I think that turned me off in the beginning. It's much humbler and vulnerable than a lot of her other records and that could take some getting used to.

"I Only Wanted", "The One", "Clown", "Through the Rain", "My Saving Grace", and "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" are the highlights for me.

Not Emotions! The title track and "If It's Over" alone make it impossible for that to be her worst album.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Cless
    Don't think I ever heard this album from start to finish without pause. I think it's her worst album too.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cless
    replied
    Don't think I ever heard this album from start to finish without pause. I think it's her worst album too.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Her worst album by a mile. :x

Leave a comment:

• Yoshie
    replied
    I bought Charmbracelet a few weeks ago and unfortunately I was disappointed with it. The songs are overly long and too many of them are similar sounding. I always loved Through the Rain, which always spoke to me personally. I feel like more than anything this album wasn't as personal as it should have been given everything she had been through in her life before and during the recording sessions. Rainbow was a more personal and overall pleasing effort I feel; I think that one's quite underrated.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    For some reason, I am so into this album more than ever.

Originally posted by PosziMC2
    Even if her tour had the cheapest looking set-up ever, it showcased her true live vocals compared her to other 2000s tours!
    I think the tour set up was nice!
    The set-up here in the Philippines was so bad!!!
    It was circus like right?
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• PosziMC2
    replied
    Even if her tour had the cheapest looking set-up ever, it showcased her true live vocals compared her to other 2000s tours!
    It was circus like right?

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PosziMC2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bsquared
    replied
    This won't ever be one of my favorite albums, but the tour was her best ever.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    01- Through the rain 10/10
    02- Boy i need you 7/10
    03- The one 6/10
    04- Yours 8/10
    05- You got me 7/10
    06- I only wanted 7/10
    07- Clown 7/10
    08- Saving grace 7/10
    09- You had your chance 5/10
    10- Lullaby 5/10
    11- Irresistible 4/10
    12- Subtle Invitation 4/10
    13- Bringin' On the Heartbreak 10/10
    14- Sunflowers for Alfred Roy 5/10
    15- Through the rain remix 6/10
    16- Miss You 9/10

Don't understand why Miss You was only on the Japanese edition.
    While most MC albums are filled with 10/10 songs, most songs on this album barely get 7/10.

Leave a comment:

• Pawlu84
    replied
    If she sang in this album with her normal voice it could be one of her best. All the songs are pleasent but I find her voice irritaiting in this album.

Leave a comment:

• Skoolio
    replied
    I used to hate "Boy (I Need You), but now I love it. I also love "I Only Wanted".

Leave a comment:

• Cless
    replied
    01. Through the Rain - 9/10
    02. Boy (I Need You) - 2/10
    03. The One - 8/10
    04. Yours - 10/10
    05. You Got Me - 1/10
    06. I Only Wanted - 2/10
    07. Clown - 10/10
    08. My Saving Grace - 10/10
    09. You Had Your Chance - 7/10
    10. Lullaby - 8/10
    11. Irresistible - 6/10
    12. Subtle Invitation - 9/10
    13. Bringin' on the Heartbreak - 10/10
    14. Sunflowers for Alfred Roy - 9/10
    15. Through the Rain (Remix) - 10/10

Leave a comment:

• Eamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad
    Boy (I Need You) is so crap. I'm surprised it's actually someone's favourite on this album.
    Yeah it is. I think it is her most forgettable track ever.

Leave a comment:

• Brad
    replied
    Boy (I Need You) is so crap. I'm surprised it's actually someone's favourite on this album.

Leave a comment:

• heartlocked
    replied
    When this album came out I pretty much handed over my Lamb Card. I was so disappointed and sad at all the whispering and lack of ACTUAL SINGING in it that I just pretty much gave up on Mariah. I listened to it once or twice and put it away until a couple of years ago when I rediscovered some nice hidden gems such as Subtle Invitation and Lullaby. I always loved Boy (I need you) and I remember watching the Making of the video on MTV like a million times. Through the Rain does nothing to me :-?

My rank:

01- Through the rain 7/10
    02- Boy i need you 100/10 I love this song and the video is the best!
    03- The one 9/10
    04- Yours 6/10
    05- You got me 1/10
    06- I only wanted 4/10
    07- Clown 1/10
    08- Saving grace 5/10
    09- You had your chance 1/10
    10- Lullaby 8/10
    11- Irresistible 1/10
    12- Subtle Invitation 10/10
    13- Bringin' On the Heartbreak 8/10
    14- Sunflowers for Alfred Roy 5/10