Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrazyCrazy
    Legend
    • 06 Jan 2008

I really like AP, but it was not a good single choice at all, the only one song on the album that would have been a good single is Defeated, however generic it is. :-? Not a bad album but definitely my least favourite from Anastacia.
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• jpguy
      Legend
      • 12 Oct 2007

I was just reading her discography, she had 3 albums that were 3x platinum in the UK!!!... and then this one didn't even go GOLD! Why is that? Looks like a DIDO to me !

Comment

• CrazyCrazy
        Legend
        • 06 Jan 2008

^ I think it was just a big change for Ana fans, her image, sound was just different and different in a not so good way.

It's so funny looking back in thread, I was so over-excited and totally non-objective, I've grown up so much since then.

Comment

• nekoocz
          Legend
          • 12 Jun 2007

^ her real age almost drama, horrible performaces in small markets ...

"Heavy Lotation"
          nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• CrazyCrazy
            Legend
            • 06 Jan 2008

Yes the press she had was bad as well, poor Ana, oh well hopefully her next album is better received! She is my favourite pop star ever, it would be such a shame if she was not around any more she is fantastic! :x

Comment

• GoodBoyGoneBad
              Legend
              • 20 Sep 2008

The Way I See It should've been a single!

Well you're trippin if you're thinkin
              I ain't gonna speak my mind
              Well pardon me for livin, expressin my opinion
              That's just the wai I see it

My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

• CrazyCrazy
                Legend
                • 06 Jan 2008

LOL at my excitement in this thread! I was a 100% stan when I joined!

My journey with this album...at first I played it like there was no tomorrow and loved it, after a while I realised the album was not that good and was lacking something big, after not listening to it for a long while, recently feel like it is a solid album in fact! It is so diverse but having said that it still is probably her weakest for me.

Happy for a new album from her this year, can't wait!

Comment

• Wayne
                  Site Owner
                  • 07 Sep 2006

This isn't a bad album, but it isn't Anastacia in my opinion.

Comment

• CrazyCrazy
                    Legend
                    • 06 Jan 2008

Originally posted by 04wayne
                    This isn't a bad album, but it isn't Anastacia in my opinion.
                    Exactly!! That also sums up why it flopped so badly imo.

Comment

• Ivica
                      Legend
                      • 06 May 2009

Heavy Rotation song is such a killer, should have been single.
                      Last FM <3
                      Instagram

Comment

• CrazyCrazy
                        Legend
                        • 06 Jan 2008

Originally posted by nickf1
                        Heavy Rotation song is such a killer, should have been single.
                        Was listening again to HR yesterday, this album felt weak at first but now I realise it is pretty good, very eclectic and In Summer is one of her best tracks, it's gorgeous, it really deserved more. So looking forward to her new one, it feels like a long time since the last original album!

Comment

• MJH
                          Manager
                          • 09 Apr 2005

Today is 6 years since this was released, she's definitely better in a better position now! This was an awful album and a complete flop!

Comment

• Oldmacs
                            Personal Assistant
                            • 30 Oct 2013

I think it was a good album TBH.

I listen to it quite regularly, but I agree it was a sell out of her artistic alblities.

I call it love is among my favourites ever, and All Fall Down, Never gonna Love again, defeated, the way I see it and In summer are great!

Comment

• breatheonme
                              Superstar
                              • 16 Nov 2011

I decided to listen to some of her albums yesterday to fully discover them. So I listened to Anastacia, this one, Resurrection and Evolution.

I have to admit that this one was my favorite of the 4. I remember people not being happy with this record cos it was a drastic change from what she was doing before but actually were these people right? I find this album actually very reminiscent of what she did during her first two eras but with a more modern and USA related touch.

The song Heavy Rotation sounds like something any artists could’ve done but songs like Absolutely Positively, Same Song (which is GORGEOUS!), All Fall Down, sound very Anastacia to me.

Concerning the other albums : Anastacia had the strong single choices but the album as a whole was kind of disappointing.
                              Resurrection : LOVED her voice on this one but it’s a bit samey as a whole.
                              Evolution : nice songs that again reminded me of her beginning but very hit or miss.

Comment

Working...