LeToya - Lady Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeToya - Lady Love

Hey guys i just heard some news that Letoya has already put in hours on a 2nd album tentatively titled "The H-town Chick". I also heard that her and Brooke Valentine have been working on a joint together. If this is true this could be a banging joint bein both of them from Houston. Anway i dont know how true it is. I hope it is though. I think Letoya has amazing potential and she has a real good down to earth attitude? Have yall heard this?

I can't see it confirmed anywhere else but Wikipedia.

Comment

I think its the perfect title for Toya's next album! Any link to confirm this perhaps? Thanks!
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

What happen to Obvious being a single? It would have been a very good single to be fully release. Stupid Capital Records. There tryin to do the same thing to Cherish and Chingy
        Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I wanted This Song to be a single! and what about all the awsome Up Tempo songs on it! Such a waste of an album!!!
          CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

Album update:

http://www.thatgrapejuice.net/2007/05/l ... -line.html

I hope its gonna be released soon. That first album was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype
              I wanted This Song to be a single! and what about all the awsome Up Tempo songs on it! Such a waste of an album!!!
              100% Agreed.
              I'm Good, Tear Da Club Up, Gangsta Grillz, All Eyez On Me & This Song Could All Have Been Singles They Are All Amazing (Not The Rest Is Bad Either Its A Brilliant Album)

Comment

LeToya was the worst album of 2006. I really hope she's improving on her sophomore record. She needs to get away from Dupri & Bishop who produce awfully bad R&B music. I'd like to see her coming up with some Darkchild or Polow Da Don productions. Would fit her better... and probz would give her tunes some quality.
                YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Loose
                  LeToya was the worst album of 2006. I really hope she's improving on her sophomore record. She needs to get away from Dupri & Bishop who produce awfully bad R&B music. I'd like to see her coming up with some Darkchild or Polow Da Don productions. Would fit her better... and probz would give her tunes some quality.
                  I thought her debut was BRILLIANT. For many reasons:

1. Beats were excellent.
                  2. Lyrics were tight!
                  3. She was the underdog in DC splitting days. For her to come out on tops like this was like "Whoa!!!"
                  4. Comparing her debut to Kelly's, she put Kelly in her back pocket!

Remember, she literally fell off the face of this planet before announcing her arrival back on the music scene as a solo artist! And her debut went platinum is under a year whereas Kelly is stuck on Gold and nowhere near Platinum (it was 600k+).

Most of all, I loved her album because it was a very mature album all round!

As for the sophomore, I am keeping fingers crossed. I see great things ahead for her!
                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Dark child and especial polpw are just as played out! Its down to the artist to bring something out of them. IMO Latoya killed it with her album I was shocked played it every day!

Comment

I still think "Letoya" was one of the strongest R&B releases from 2006!

Anywayz... I'm glad the update says that the album is currently untitled. "H-Town Chick" is awful!
                      "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

I really think you've got good arguments to defend her debut. ;) Though I think it was rubbish all the way... except Torn, She Don't and Gangsta Grillz. I think the melodies (even in the mentioned tracks) are too sagging and get annoying instead of grow on somebody.

Well, that's just my opinion. I'm still open for a second try.

Comment

I thought her debut was good, but I think it was quite overrated. It really proved what she was capable of, but at the same time, it was nowhere near classic.

Nonetheless, I'm interested to see what she comes up with next

Comment

Originally posted by preyan

1. Beats were excellent.
                            2. Lyrics were tight!
                            3. She was the underdog in DC splitting days. For her to come out on tops like this was like "Whoa!!!"

Remember, she literally fell off the face of this planet before announcing her arrival back on the music scene as a solo artist! And her debut went platinum is under a year whereas Kelly is stuck on Gold and nowhere near Platinum (it was 600k+).

As for the sophomore, I am keeping fingers crossed. I see great things ahead for her!
                            Letoya was certified platinum but she didn't sell anywhere near it (She sold alittle over 500k). Kelly's label didn't buy her a platinum certification, but her album sold a little more than LeToya's in the U.S. and way more globally (2.5 million vs. LeToya's 650k).

LeToya had an advantage over most new artist in being that she was attached to the biggest and most talked about groups and the biggest and most talked about female artist, people wanted to hear her story mainly in relation to them (they wanted her to dish the "dirt"), that's what got her foot in the door with "Torn" unfortunatly she wasn't able to sustain it with her follow-up singles.We'll see how the new album does.

Comment

Can't Wait Because Her Solo Debut Was Amazing !

Comment

I still haven't copped the album but I love my "Torn" single.

01. Torn
                                02. Torn [So So Def Remix]
                                03. All Eyes On Me
                                04. No More [Exclusive B-Side]
                                05. Torn Video

It's a really nice sampler So i'm sure the album is gr8!

Comment

Originally posted by FadedEnvy

1. Beats were excellent.
                                  2. Lyrics were tight!

Letoya was certified platinum but she didn't sell anywhere near it (She sold alittle over 500k). Kelly's label didn't buy her a platinum certification, but her album sold a little more than LeToya's in the U.S. and way more globally (2.5 million vs. LeToya's 650k).

LeToya had an advantage over most new artist in being that she was attached to the biggest and most talked about groups and the biggest and most talked about female artist, people wanted to hear her story mainly in relation to them (they wanted her to dish the "dirt"), that's what got her foot in the door with "Torn" unfortunatly she wasn't able to sustain it with her follow-up singles.We'll see how the new album does.
                                  Joke of the Century, thats for sure! HELL NO! You trying to tell me that Kelly went Platinum in the US and her label did not want to buy her status??? As in, THE Kelly Rowland? Kelly Rowland of Destiny's child fame who's still rocking the charts after almost 10 years? You must be a half wit to believe that!!! Kelly (and her label) will pay TOP dollar if they had to, just to pay for that certification!!! In the US, its all about status (singles chart peak, album chart peak, certification) that brings in the dough!!!

As for your BULLSHIT comment about Kelly's 2.5 million, her label confirmed, on her OFFICIAL website (like in March, before "Bump like Dis" was released and her website subsequently updated), that she sold "1.2 million copies of Simply Kelly worldwide". So where you are smoking that 2.5 million, is BEYOND me!

I agree about the Letoya comment regarding people wanting to hear her spill the dirt BUT remember, Letoya only appeared on 2 DC albums and literally disappeared off the face of the earth. Kelly had 5 DC albums before dropping her solo!!!! (Debut, TWOTW, Survivor, Xmas and Remix album)!!! And Kelly featured in THE "Dilemma" track with Nelly just before dropping her album and adding the song to it!!!

I'm outta here!
                                  Go count your marbles or something...

Comment

The first one was good!

Comment

Update:

Here’s an update for all you LeToya Luckett fans. The H-Town singer is hard at work on her sophomore album to be released on Capitol Music Group around November of this year. Some of the producers she is collaborating with this time around include Dr. Dre, Rodney Jerkins, and Babyface.

LeToya can currently be heard on Mike Jones’ new song “Bonnie & Clyde” off his upcoming album The American Dream. Click here to listen to it. She is scheduled to appear at the 20th Anniversary ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards on Monday in Los Angeles. Remember where you heard it first.

wow dr. dre and babyface.

Comment

If " Bryan Micheal Cox " Will Produce 2 On Her New Album Then It's Already Perfect!

Comment

Letoya killed it with the album, in my opinion far better than Simply Deep, B-Day, Dangerously In Love and Ms. Kelly.

And...she clearly outsold Kelly. With all the promotion around Kelly, the dilemma thing, the 5 destiny's albums...she could've sold more...

and don't forget Letoya got only 2 videos, while Kelly got Dilemma, Stole, Can't Nobody and Train On A Track.

Comment

Originally posted by dereon
                                            If " Bryan Micheal Cox " Will Produce 2 On Her New Album Then It's Already Perfect!
                                            Bryan-Michael Cox produced the worst track on Amerie's "Because I Love It". How can you be sure that he won't do it again on LeToyas upcoming album?

Comment

Bryan-Michael Cox produced the worst track on Amerie's "Because I Love It". How can you be sure that he won't do it again on LeToyas upcoming album?
                                              That is YOUR opinion!!! Thats how we KNOW!!!
                                              And its amazing at how people will harp on the one bad song but forget the 1000 good songs...

Comment

And its amazing at how people will harp on the one bad song but forget the 1000 good songs...
                                                I was just saying what I was thinking at that moment. Don't blame me for being 100% honest. I just wanted to remember that even giant producers SOMETIMES fail their goals. Yes, Timbaland included. ;)

Comment

I was just saying what I was thinking at that moment. Don't blame me for being 100% honest. I just wanted to remember that even giant producers SOMETIMES fail their goals. Yes, Timbaland included. ;)
                                                  Being 100% honest with yourself about your opinion, YES! Thats your opinion, and we may not like it, but its what YOU think. It is NOT the persona of every other person out there in the world!!!

And my last point was just that!!! A producer/singer/person/whatever can do a million good things BUT people will always remember that one bad thing!!!

Comment

Yes, true... we'll always remember the rather ordinary productions from Timbaland, Darkchild & Co. I think it's just more conspicious if such producers don't fulfill our expectations. For me it's important to know both perspectives. a) You see that nobody's perfect and b) you know what the discrepancy between good and bad is.

Comment

Yes, true... we'll always remember the rather ordinary productions from Timbaland, Darkchild & Co. I think it's just more conspicious if such producers don't fulfill our expectations. For me it's important to know both perspectives. a) You see that nobody's perfect and b) you know what the discrepancy between good and bad is.
                                                      Yes father

Comment

Apparently the first single off her somophore album Lady love is called "Don't Let Me Get Away".
                                                        Mariah Carey - Caution

Comment

Nice title (again!) but I prefer "H-Town Chick". That title sounded to me like she was proud to be "representin'"

Comment

Originally posted by Franckoty007
                                                            Apparently the first single off her somophore album Lady love is called "Don't Let Me Get Away".
                                                            Yeah I Already Heard It But The Sound Is BAAAAAAAAAAD! But It Was A Slow Song Which I Think Is Gooooodd.. Love Slow Songs!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X