No announcement yet.

Kelis - Flesh Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully it's more Tasty than the God-awful Kelis Was Here.
    LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by col89
      i agree

Comment

Um, other way round I hope! Tasty is bland with a capital B! Kelis Was Here was my favourite R&B album of 06. Sheer brilliance.

Comment

I love her new song with Mario Winans!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves8
            What new song with Mario Winans?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
              Originally posted by Wolves8
              What new song with Mario Winans?
              It's called He Don't Know, she sings a little part on it. That beat is sick
              From My Window

Comment

Originally posted by col89
                Agreed. Tasty was a masterpiece.

Comment

Lil'star was IMO also really good with abeautful video too! The production was so lovely!

Comment

Kelis Was Here beats Tasty IMO.
                    I'd like to see a mix of them both though!

...or actually anything music-related from her rather than an accesory line & cookbook

Comment

I'm obsessed with the 'Wanderland' hidden bonus I Don't Care Anymore!
                      DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

LOVE CHERRY & FEEL ALIVE Snippets!!!

they are diplo produced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBfxLuArbLQ

Comment

Originally posted by Loose
                          I'm obsessed with the 'Wanderland' hidden bonus I Don't Care Anymore!
                          That song was featured on 'Urban Renewal' album released in 2001, a tribute to Phil Collins. Artists covered songs from him and made it their own. Like Brandy's 'Another Day In Paradise' and Lil' Kim's 'In The Air Tonite'.

I agree, 'I Don't Care Anymore' is a great track. It actually made me buy the album, along with Kim's song.
                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Kelis Was Here was a very strange project. Stylistically, it was all over the place, and just didn't work as an album. It also had far too many tracks on it. However, cut through the bad stuff and you had some of Kelis' best material. Especially the slower tracks, specifically Lil Star, Goodbyes, Living Proof, and Till The Wheels Fall Off. I still think that had the album been shortened and resequenced, it would have been received differently. I would have done something like:

Intro
                            Bossy
                            Blindfold Me (feat. Nas)
                            Trilogy
                            Lil Star (feat. Cee-Lo)
                            Aww ****
                            What's That Right There (feat. Will.i.am)
                            Living Proof
                            Till The Wheels Fall Off
                            Like You
                            Appreciate Me
                            I Don't Think So
                            Circus
                            Goodbyes

But then again everyone had different favorites on that album. I just think tracks like Weekend could have been left off.

Comment

Originally posted by nodrama

they are diplo produced

That LOVE CHERRY song is HOT!! LOVE it!

Comment

Those songs sound Hot!
                                You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

First song sounds like Gwen Stefani is on the track.

I can't say if I like them becuase in that quality, anything would sound like trash.

I liked Tasty so much, and Kaleidoscope.

Comment

Kelis will do well this time around. Now more than ever will mainstream america accept her music. If M.I.A. can get a shot at the Grammy's, so can Kelis.

Btw, Trilogy is on of my all-time favorite songs. And Till the Wheels Fall off always pops up on my Zune.
                                    Reminiscing about life with smokey eyes.

Comment

I cannot stop listening to the new Snippets
                                      There so GOOD KElis is bringing a different sound!!!

Comment

I can't wait for another Kelis album

Comment

The new snippets sound VERY interesting and VERY risky. I really hope she goes full out this time round and doesn't stop at any barriers. Kelis Was Here was very commercial and very good but I hope this album is a lot more alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by neoepzilon
                                            Kelis will do well this time around. Now more than ever will mainstream america accept her music. If M.I.A. can get a shot at the Grammy's, so can Kelis.

Btw, Trilogy is on of my all-time favorite songs. And Till the Wheels Fall off always pops up on my Zune.

Kelis already has been nominated for 2 Grammys.

Comment

Kelis has had a shot at the grammys - Milkshake and Kelis Was Here were both nominated. Obviously, she never won. Unless you mean performing at the event itself....?

Anywho, I do ponder where the hell people get these titles from? On no occasion has it been quoted by a reliable source that these tracks are called what people are saying, unless someone can prove otherwise.

Not produced by Diplo either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammy2

Kelis already has been nominated for 2 Grammys.
                                                Shot at the grammy's, not shot at a grammy.
                                                I meant performing, M.I.A. performed at the grammy's, so, I'm saying that Kelis can too. I really like her live.
                                                Reminiscing about life with smokey eyes.

Comment

Thombus, They came from lil jons kyte
                                                  & diplo played the tracks.They Sound exactly like a Diplo production I've been following diplo for awhile and its sounds like a diplo production.

Comment

Originally posted by nodrama

they are diplo produced

Love Cherry is kinda messy, but Feel Alive sounds promising.
                                                    DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X