Kelis - Flesh Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelis - Flesh Tone

I Know You All Get Pissed Off At Topics Being Started Very Early But I Really Wanted To Start Off The Topic

Originally posted by O2 Wireless Festival 2007
    Next up, on June 15, is Kelis. Renowned for her live performances, she was recently nominated for Best Contemporary R&B Album at the 2007 Grammy Awards and is working on her upcoming fifth studio album.
    Hope It Released Soon Coz I Don't Think Theres Gonna Be Many More Singles From KWH :(

Article

If it's anything like Kelis Was Here, I can't wait!

Comment

Kelis Was Here would be huge but Kelis wasn't promoting this record at all . Big pauses between first single and the album release, for example, never give good results in sell . But I'm looking forward to hear new joint from Ms. Lil'Star .

Comment

Fantastic!! Bring another Milkshake or at least something tasty!
        DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

Oh great, hope it is true. I love Kelis's music.

I loved Kelis Was Here and Tasty. But I want more of Kelis Was Here material.

Comment

I actually don't care if it will be another TASTY or KELIS WAS HERE. Kelis simply does it for me.

Comment

WHY? She's goa a brilliant album with KWH, Is she just leaving it hanging after such a big hit?
              CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype
                WHY? She's goa a brilliant album with KWH, Is she just leaving it hanging after such a big hit?
                i dont think she is done with it yet. shes coming over to the uk in the summer so i excpect at least one more after blindfold me to be released. dont think her 5th will be out until early 2008

Comment

I hope she works with the neptunes!
                  You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

Taken from ultimatekelis.com forums;

Kelis is back in the studio working on her new album. She wants to drop it at the end of this year or early next year.

Working title: After Ten.

Raphael, Polow and Bangladesh are signed on to work with her ..thusfar
                    No source though, so I doubt theres alot of truth in there...

Comment

Per MonicaMania and MTV, Dame Grease is working with her.

Comment

Dame Grease has been in MIA for a while. While he's laid back on the beats, the hard-core New York sound has been replaced with snap music and other forms of Southern bounce as the most popular type of tracks right now. Grease says he's on the comeback trail, and the first song to herald his return is DJ Drama's "Taking Pictures."

"It was the perfect thing for him after his situation," Dame said. "My manager played the beat for him as soon as he came out of the courthouse. My artist Meeno is on the hook." Grease said he had no idea Drama would put so many artists on the record, but thinks T.I. has the best verse.

"I just been regrouping," he said of his hiatus. "The first thing I know is that I can make songs, I can make hits. I have to get back in there and do what I do. The beat's gotta be meaty, and I'm bringing that edge back that turned the game upside."

Grease has been producing for the LOX, Styles P (he did a banger for SP and Beanie Sigel), Freeway and Hell Rell.

"I got a joint by Freeway with Hov on it," he revealed. "I'm hoping that'll be the single from his album, its called 'Big Spender.' That's gonna be big. I thought that was gonna be my first comeback single. Then the 'Takin' Pictures' just crept up. I did half of Hell Rell's album. His sh-- matches my sh--. His music is more gutter than flashy dude. It's a Grease type of vibe. I'm also working with Lil' Mama. She has it — you would never know she's that young. She's a star."

Just chillin' and analyzing the game isn't the only thing the producer has been doing since we last heard him a few years ago. He says he's recorded about 80 songs for his album, Sour Diesel.

"I got a mean joint with DMX, I'm pushing for this Kelis song to be the single. I'm reaching out to my South dudes, T.I., Jeezy. Meeno is definitely on there, Dipset is on there, I'm getting Lupe Fiasco on there, he's got bars. I like Lupe."

Comment

From Wikipedia. I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Kelis is working on her upcoming fifth studio album. Polow Da Don has been said to produce most of the album on an interview with hiphophighs.

Kelis is said to be “desperate” to work with “Acceptable in the 80’s” star, Calvin Harris,

Kelis was interviwed by hiphophighs and heres just a little teaser of the interview Kelis said that Her last Lp was an end of that era for her she does not want to goto back to an Hip-hop influnced Album she would love to do a Gospel Album But she said this album will be full of party fillers and its a disco influnced album and the tracks she has recorded with palow will blow everyone away Palow has Alot of talent than producing hip-hop songs he Has Disco-party skill's I cant wait for everyone to hear these new tracks and i no what my 1st single is becuase its such a standout it sounds like nothing out there its kind of a mix of Dance with me-112 & Brandy's sadiddy we sampled oh i dont no if i can tell you but i will im to excited REDMANS lets get dirty its amazing its titled street galaxy and be surprised i have plans for this video ill give you a little taste of what i got in mind i want 1 scene to take place in An dirty alley way and all is black i walk in and im wearing this amazing frock its pink green and blue than i call in my girls and than we stop traffic and just dance on the cars and the traffic lights turn into the disco lights and than the whole city is up and dancing oh and my label is blown away with the stuff i recorded but there gonna be blown away with what i got. This interview can be viwed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4THVi1kVbqg

The “Bossy” singer hopes to join the likes of pop princess Kylie Minogue - who is already recording with Calvin Harris - in employing the talents of the music’s latest rising star.

Kelis Was supposed to record some material with bangledesh for this upcoming Lp but since bangledesh is joining P.Diddys label bad boy Kelis wants nothing to do with P.diddy and that she might use the leftover's from her last Lp Kelis Was Here that bangledesh recorded Late 2005 He created Kelis's Bossy Aww shit,Handfull & Handfull Remix Featuring swizz beats This is on his official myspace video's

In a brief interview with celebrity babylon.com, Kelis said" I have an evil label, so my album will come but not with them.Starting rumors that she may in fact leave Jive Records permanently.

Confirmed Producers
                          Polow Da Don

Calvin Harris

Will.I.Am

Bangledesh

Rumoured Producers
                          Kwamé Mark Bell Tank Chucky Thompson Stargate

Songs
                          In a recent interview by HipHopHighs, Kelis has talked about several songs. While the only confirmed song is "Street Galaxy," one instrumental song leaked off the new LP, entitled "Nebula." The New Album & Single Was Released In December 2007 Album Was The New Hip-Hop , And R&B Song

Kelis has named just a few songs, but she didnt say whether or not they'll be on the album.

Leave It Up To Me Polow Da don

Street Galaxy (Official)

Killer Machine (This song was shown to her label and they were blown away with it so it may be official)

I'm The Freak Polow Da don

Comment

Yes, bring it on!! Kelis became one of my all-time favourites in R&B so quickly!

Comment

I still think it's a shame that "Blindfold Me" was never released in the UK - it would have been big and it's the only Kelis single not to be released in the UK!
                              "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

^She Said In Another Interview That There Would Be Another UK Single Soon From KWH. So I Think That It's Likely To Be Blindfold Me. If Its Another Song Then Even Better Coz It Means Another Video

Comment

Calvin Harris? Wow, that'd be awesome.
                                  "It's so COOOOOOOOOOOLD in the D."

Comment

She is never going to release a new single off KWH!

Comment

Originally posted by urgay
                                      ^She Said In Another Interview That There Would Be Another UK Single Soon From KWH. So I Think That It's Likely To Be Blindfold Me. If Its Another Song Then Even Better Coz It Means Another Video
                                      Really?! What interview was that?

I hope there is and I hope it's "Blindfold Me". She's been with Virgin here since day one... so maybe she's only angry with her U.S. label?
                                      "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

Originally posted by topopMAC1
                                        Originally posted by urgay
                                        Really?! What interview was that?

I hope there is and I hope it's "Blindfold Me". She's been with Virgin here since day one... so maybe she's only angry with her U.S. label?
                                        Let's hope so!Blindfold Me is such a great song.

Comment

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/ind ... ntry=index\

The Harlem-born Kelis is reportedly on the lookout for a new record deal while she finishes up working with Gnarls Barkley's Cee-Lo on an independent dance-pop record. The album is being produced by Guy Chambers, who has previously collaborated with Robbie Williams.

Comment

I love Kelis! All her 4 albums are brilliant but I'd rather her stay with the urban sound than go dance/pop on me cuz she's good at that.

But I love Kelis no matter what so bring on whatever and I'll be loving it

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baGjXbQLSEg

Nas/Kelis...he says "she's working on it while laughing at chicks biting her style"!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves8
                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baGjXbQLSEg

Nas/Kelis...he says "she's working on it while laughing at chicks biting her style"!
                                                omg i cant wait i think they r talking about rihanna becuz she has been stealin her style and music wise

Comment

Originally posted by Loose
                                                  Fantastic!! Bring another Milkshake or at least something tasty!
                                                  another Milkshake or Trick Me ...
                                                  She was pretty huge with TM here and she s still huge in clubs.
                                                  nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Working...
                                                  X