X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandy - Human

B-R-A-N-D-Y is BACK...

Who
    :Brandy, Grammy Winning RnB Artist with Single and Album sales of 38 million. Who brought you the mega hits 'I Wanna Be Down', 'The Boy Is Mine' and 'What About Us' to name a few.

When:Brandy returns with her Fifth Studio album confirmed now for a Winter 2007 release, with her first single set to debut around September.

How:The album is set to be released by KnockOut Entertainment, an Independent Label which is Co-Owned by Brandy herself. It will however most likely be shipped through Interscope Records.

Called: A source I know who works with KO has confirmed that Brandy is decided upon (for the moment) the title 'Dont Count Me Out'. She told me that Brandy feels that the Industry and Public have done just that, counted her out. And that her new album will prove just why they shouldnt dismiss the once reiging RnB/Pop Princess. This can however change, as Brandy tends to change her mind alot on album titles as the date for offical release approaches.
    Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
    http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy

Source: Someone who works in the Industry, and is heavily connected with the Brandy camp divulged huge amounts of news. My sources are always tight, so much so I've gotten to hear new material from the album and boy is it hot!

Album Feel: Brandy is calling this HER FIRST ALBUM. As this is the first time SHE is truly in total creative control of its creation. Brandy is paying for the entire album herself, and has all but recorded most of it. (A process that can cost millions, especially with the Producers she is working with).

Brandy is in the creative control seat, and will be set as a Co Executive Producer, Co-Producer, Co-Writer, Vocal Producer, Vocal Arranger on the near enough the entire album.

Producers:Brandy is working in the most with Bryan M Cox (Mary J Blige, Usher) aswell as The Neptunes, Pharrel, P Diddy, Kanye West, Rich Harrison, Timbaland and some European Producers aswell.

..She recorded THREE songs in ONE NIGHT with B.Cox, songs that she herself co-produced and wrote. The feel of the album is Edgy RnB, and the most powerful and mature album she has done. She has recorded one song about SEX, and is really powerful.

Label Situation: Brandy doesnt want the album to be released through a major label and so has turned down major deals from the biggest names in America, including Atlantic who want her back, aswell as Sony BMG, Def Jam and Island Records. Her managment remains Sonja Norwood and Jimmy Henchmen on Czar Entertainment.

Vocals: This album will showcase Brandys vocals like never before. Brandy sang Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston tracks to land her record deal when she was 14 years old. This album will show why. Brandy took her vocals to the next level with Full Moon, displaying a strong Vibrato, amazing Control, a new found Rasp and improved Harmonsising and a Falsetto that raised the roof.

This album will be even better than that, whilst retaining her signature style of Afrodisiac. Shes worked hard on her voice, and will really show it off.

Comment

Wow, finally the news I've all been waiting for . I hope it's a proper in-your-face out there and innovative debut single. Something more like ''What About Us'' and less: ''Talk About Our Love''.

Comment

Gee wiz! About time!
        THANKS man! Wow! I a really phsyced about this album. I think its going to be a BRILLIANT album. With BMC on three tracks... its sure to be a damn fine album! She deserves her fair share of glory again...

Why does winter seem so far away now? :evil:
        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Her voice is so emotive on the B.Cox song about Sex, its been said to be full of lush harmonies and really strong soulful verses. Her lyrics are more mature and the subject matter is too.

Not Gonna Make Me Cry, What Have You Done For Me, Fooled By The Moon ect are a few titles.

The sound is edgy RnB, and will be risky whilst still sellable and catchy.

She has the problem of having too many songs recorded, and is finding it hard to chose the tracks she wants, but yet is still recording more... she is bursting with creativity right now.... and is bringing the heat!

(More news to follow)

Comment

ALSO

UBG Official MySpace Page, Brandy & More!

* Brandy is coming back!!! Brandy's official site will launch this summer 2007, brought to you by KnockOut Entertianment & UBG! Brandy's new album release is dropping this winter. The site will be everything Brandy, from the beginning of her career to now, personal images that you've never seen before, new music before it's released to check out, and alot more! So keep supporting Brandy and look out for her new album this year...FIRE!!!!

-----------

UBG is quite a big name now, and is run by Aries who is very close to Sonja Bates Norwood. UBG will be heavily endorsing Brandy and will be working on both, as will Zahra (props baby!)

www.foreverbrandy.com and www.myspace.com/foreverbrandy

Comment

Also:

**Brandy is set to appear on Johnta Austin's new album # "Unavailable" (Featuring Brandy) (Produced by Bryan Michael Cox)Johnta is a Singer/Songwriter, who works alot with J.Dupree. Was a Co-Writer on We Belong Together.

**Brandy is also set to appear on Carl Thomas's new album. The melodic and hypnotic sounds of "Something About You," sounds like nothing else currently blaring from the radio. Featuring vocals from Brandy, "Something About You" is a timeless song that embraces the best of pop and soul.

**(From another source): ''From one dedicated Brandy fan to all of you: Brandy will be on TV soon - don't know when, can't say what show...the show that features Brandy *not her own show/she's not playing a character* but I can say that it's currently in production...and the unedited version is amazing''

Comment

FINALLLLLLLLY!!! BRANDY IS COMING BACK!!! These R&B chicks move aside the gurl is back!! lol.

T4P!!
                R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001

Comment

Woooo! Brilliant news!

I hope she does decide to change the album title though. I understand where she's coming from, but if it doesn't work out for her this time then it could seem a bit ironic.
                  "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

She should call it ''Road Rage'' or ''Joy Ride''

Comment

^^^ Harsh.
                      "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Originally posted by Star
                        u so wrong for that lol
                        R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_uk
                          ^^^ Harsh.
                          The word 'mean' came to mind..

Comment

Aawww, bless... No need for the tears.

Star, now look what you've done!

Comment

Best news I've heard all day, bout bloody time she brought out something new She's the best commercial R&B singer going.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieFM
                                Best news I've heard all day, bout bloody time she brought out something new She's the best commercial R&B singer going.
                                I definitely prefer Mya and Kelis over her, but those news made my day. I just hope that Bryan-Michael Cox won't produce the whole record. He's not one of my prefered producers TBH.
                                YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

I ADORE her. She deserves to have a comeback after the mess of a year she's had!

Comment

I really hope Brandy will be huge with this album. She was terribly slept on with her last album which was REALLY good!

I hope she can blow Beyonce out of the water! I really like Brandy & she looks great in her new pics!

Comment

Hot pics. Love Brandy. Can't wait for album. I want it NOW.
                                      '... Music Make you Lose Control, Banging On Your Speakerphone Track Repeat Go On & On'

Comment

How true

*dances*

Im just amazed at how good her vocals sounded on the two samples i heard.. i was impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuzu18

How true

*dances*

Im just amazed at how good her vocals sounded on 'Not Gon Make Me Cry'.. i was impressed!
                                          Did you really hear this song or are you just going off of other sources? If you've heard it, please describe! I really wanted her to sang her ass of on this album and show the haters. I can't imagine her vocals being better than Full Moon, but if they are...damn. I'll be so freakin happy when this album comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by CuteScorpio86
                                            I really hope Brandy will be huge with this album. She was terribly slept on with her last album which was REALLY good!

I hope she can blow Beyonce out of the water! I really like Brandy & she looks great in her new pics!
                                            Knew it wouldnt be long

Cant waitr till this album comes out
                                            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Great news! I am looking forward to this. By the way, are those pics new? She looks amazing if they are!

The only problem I might have with it is the album title. Ever since Mariah's TEOM, female's in the R&B category are trying to show that they are also becoming "emancipated" to see if they can get a second chance also and trying to act as if they got the short end of the stick. This title is too..predictable during a time period like this.
                                              My Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by aaliyahman
                                                Originally posted by CuteScorpio86

Knew it wouldnt be long

Cant waitr till this album comes out
                                                Heh, I was also waiting for it!

That was N.A.S.T.Y. :x :evil: :x
                                                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I'm mad you can't answer any of my posts zuzu.

-Mack

Comment

Working...
                                                  X