No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - I'm A Slave 4 U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It' so strange to read comments back from 2001. So much has happened since then.
    BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE

Comment

Originally posted by pollei
      at the comments in 2001. I think Slave is an amazing song, accompanied by a very hot video.
      The comment perfectly fits the truth, actually!!!!
      There's only one Queen
      and that's MADONNA.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
        It' so strange to read comments back from 2001. So much has happened since then.
        this is what i was thinking!

Comment

One of her BEST singles! I played this song yesterday and I loved the Onyx Hotel performance.
          Fifa 11 ftw

Comment

oh....I thought it re-charted again in France
            Hell naw!!! Who are you, teh Queen?!! Catch the grenade yourself!

Comment

^^
              Last FM <3
              Instagram

Comment

Or maybe in 2001, many people considered this song (and of course the music video) too brave cos she was just 20 at that time.

Comment

Maybe. It's her classic single now. Even if not the most popular.

Comment

Originally posted by danimal
                    this thread is hilarious! Slave 4 U is one of Britney's best moments, IMO! and at the comment that the video is typical britney and nothing special
                    You know, as a fan of hers since 1998, I also thought the same. It didn't sound like a hit on first listen, and it was during the MTV VMA 2001 that I first heard it. I felt that it was a terrible lead single from her coming after monster hit lead singles like BOMT and OIDIA, but the more times I've listened to the song and the really hot music video made me love it.

Comment

sexiest.video.ever!!!
                      Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I have always absolutely loathed this song. The production just irks me.

Comment

Originally posted by RightToDream
                          I have always absolutely loathed this song. The production just irks me.
                          That's the reason it's so good/influential
                          Check out my new Michael Jackson top 50 countdown!!!

Comment

Naughteeeyyy

Comment

I really miss this Britney, 2001 was filled with so many female artists, both new and veteran acts, and when she released this Britney album before the year ended, she destroyed all competition effortlessly.

Comment

Hot song, hot video - but I remember I was suprised when I heard it for the first time. Then I loved it but still have some objections.

Comment

The first song I've heard of hers. Love on first listen!
                                  Some people believe in God, I believe in music. Some people pray, I turn up the radio.

Comment

12th year anniversary today!

Comment

Wow...I still remember when this premiered. It was the only video on TRL to debut at #1.

...and it's her only song to appear on the Hip Hop/R&B charts. The Urban kween.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                        Wow...I still remember when this premiered. It was the only video on TRL to debut at #1.

...and it's her only song to appear on the Hip Hop/R&B charts. The Urban kween.
                                        I remember when this was first released too! it was kind of a big deal at school

the beat is FIRE!
                                        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

I remember buying this on (and I'm showing my age now) - CD single!

The comments from 2001 are hysterical - imagine if they had known she's end up releasing songs about threesomes

The thing is the song was on point at the time - R&B was becoming much more mainstream and this was one of the first pop songs to incorporate R&B influences (at that time) before it became standard in 2002/2003.

But it was different for her and she did perhaps alienate a small portion of her audience - but the majority were growing up and she had to move with them or see her career slide. The whole Britney era was the perfect transition from her bubblegum stuff to her ITZ era, and Miley Cyrus should look to this to see how you manage going from Disney star turned popstar into young woman musical greatness.

But to think - Miley's naked for attention to show she's all grown up, and all Britney needed was a bottle of baby oil for a video
                                          M08T10

Comment

It was the only video on TRL to debut at #1.
                                            Wow! I didn't know that!

Comment

Just turned 14th!

Comment

Iconic song + video + VMA performance.
                                                ? Girls' Generation ?
                                                ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

She had that fierceness here that is still unmatched, she had the sexiest VMA performance ever.

Comment

[youtube:54krzjwa]gE2b68tOESA[/youtube:54krzjwa]
                                                    Last FM <3
                                                    Instagram

Comment

I can't believe it took them so long to upload the classic VMA performances!

Comment

it's been 15 years...

[youtube:p1w4wbir]Mzybwwf2HoQ[/youtube:p1w4wbir]

and still sounds so good, and that video and choreography? sorry but your faves could never.
                                                        Last FM <3
                                                        Instagram

Comment

Everything around her and this song is legendary.

The beat to this is still banging. And it's so urban for 2001

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Everything around her and this song is legendary.

The beat to this is still banging. And it's so urban for 2001
                                                            +1
                                                            Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

And the girl from "Lucky" was gone!
                                                              What a classic song / video.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X