• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
    1. that song is a cover
    2. Beyonce is into her 7th Album v this was britneys third
    3. Britney actually promoted this with a video and all v Beyonce nothing

What is your point?
    Beyoncé is basically at her second career peak right now and you think a #65 peaking song is a hit yet this flopped

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
    This is like Beyonce's fans pretending that Deja vu's peaks were amazing... they were underwhelming etc
    Well the thing is that "Deja Vu" did miss the Top 10 in many countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Netherlands, New Zealand, and Sweden). That was not Slave's case which pretty much went Top like in 95% of the global charts. So yeah "Slave" flopping is just an urban legend
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• You are going to compare those two songs..... right.

That just proves my point that your arguement comes with no logic.
      Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
        Beyoncé is basically at her second career peak right now and you think a #65 peaking song is a hit yet this flopped

Well the thing is that "Deja Vu" did miss the Top 10 in many countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Netherlands, New Zealand, and Sweden). That was not Slave's case which pretty much went Top like in 95% of the global charts. So yeah "Slave" flopping is just an urban legend
        Love you but thank you next with this arguement. It's so illogical
        Forever Young

Comment

• Mr Leonix, why do you always have to bring other artists into things? in what world are Deja Vu and Slave For You comparable.

Britney was the biggest Popstar in 2001 and the first single off her 3rd album made top 3 in one big market, that is an under performance, not a flop but there is no way around saying it under performed or do you not remember 2001?

Comment

Love you
            Thanks . . it's not reciprocal though.

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
            but thank you next with this arguement. It's so illogical
            What I think it's funny is that you go to other threads saying that a #65 song is a hit and then you come here saying this FLOPPED.

I just ask for coherence that's all, just because the song wasn't #1 everywhere or deserved more (which definitely did) doesn't mean it flopped. A flop is "Radar", "Perfume", "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know", not "Slave".
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Before you go is a HIT FOR WHAT IT IS! This song is cover and used a closing credit for a netflix special are you mad?!
              Forever Young

Comment

• Slave underperformed and period but that doesn't mean that the song doesn't have a greater legacy than songs that haved peaked better.

The songs status now is not reflected by it's current impact.

Infact for comparison "slave" kind of reminds me of " Run the world" if you want to bring Beyonce into this.
                Forever Young

Comment

• Britney went from kidz bop songs like "Sometimes" or "Lucky" to the complete opposite with this song. She still had her biggest solo hit 3 years later with "Toxic".
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Slave underperformed and period but that doesn't mean that the song doesn't have a greater legacy than songs that haved peaked better.
                    I see you changed the word "flopped" for "Underperformed". I guess you were quite educated

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                      Britney went from kidz bop songs like "Sometimes" or "Lucky" to the complete opposite with this song. She still had her biggest solo hit 3 years later with "Toxic".
                      To be fair singles from "Britney" the albums all struggled to peak high so to speak
                      Forever Young

Comment

• Anyways, I always loved this performance from this GLOBAL intercontinental hit

Comment

I see you changed the word "flopped" for "Underperformed". I guess you were quite educated
                          And you are quite vexatious and incapable of having a decent conversation with people. So I guess we are even.

I did not change any wording but part of a discussion is to make sure that both parties understand where they are coming from which means both parties will have to elaborate further and in some cases switch up their vocabulary to ensure that there is clarity.

You on the other hand just want to name call and "be right" in a situation that has no right or wrong person.
                          Forever Young

Comment

And you are quite vexatious and incapable of having a decent conversation with people. So I guess we are even.

I did not change any wording but part of a discussion is to make sure that both parties understand where they are coming from which means both parties will have to elaborate further and in some cases switch up their vocabulary to ensure that there is clarity.

You on the other hand just want to name call and "be right" in a situation that has no right or wrong person.
                            Forever Young

Comment

• Anyways, I think this might be her best music video. It combines sexyness with certain artistry, Francis Lawrence the director is a genius.

Comment

• It certainly is her best song and the best song of all time. Don’t even @ me 'cause I said what I said.
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                  X