No announcement yet.

Britney Spears - Piece Of Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, it's looking likely that this will indeed be the next single. So I've decided to re-open it.

If it turns out to not be the single, I'll lock it again.
    Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Break The Ice has been confirmed as the second single.
      LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by col89
        Break The Ice has been confirmed as the second single.
        no Piece Of Me is the second single,that was confirmed by Jive I guess.
        Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

If the video was shot not long after the 'Gimme More" video, there goes my hopes for a good video :(
          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

In that case Break The Ice would have been a better second single.

Can see this dying down soon on iTunes after a few weeks and not get a great peak.
            LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Originally posted by col89
              In that case Break The Ice would have been a better second single.

Can see this dying down soon on iTunes after a few weeks and not get a great peak.
              Finally soneone thinks the same as I do , the song is going nowhere!!!

Comment

Excellent choice.

Comment

How reliable is that special Jive e-mail in the other thread? I'd love for it to be true, but I doubt it is.
                  Better wake up, little sleepy head
                  Big old world will pass us by
                  So many things we could do instead
                  Get what you want with your lucky eyes

Comment

if this is indeed true.....
                    YAY
                    I'm so done trying to be everything you want,
                    I had to stop.
                    Baby you ain't worth it,
                    I won't Camouflage.

Comment

will this chart on the BBHOT100 this week?
                      I had to stop.
                      Baby you ain't worth it,
                      I won't Camouflage.

Comment

Originally posted by DC3BKM
                        it should be

Comment

Keep a lookout on the Billboard website for "No album tracks will be allowed to enter the Hot 100 anymore, starting today".
                          Better wake up, little sleepy head
                          Big old world will pass us by
                          So many things we could do instead
                          Get what you want with your lucky eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ZippaDeeDooDa
                            Keep a lookout on the Billboard website for "No album tracks will be allowed to enter the Hot 100 anymore, starting today".
                            UGH!!!!!!!
                            I had to stop.
                            Baby you ain't worth it,
                            I won't Camouflage.

Comment

Well, it seems that all the rules were made up this week...

Comment

Originally posted by vesanto
                                Well, it seems that all the rules were made up this week...
                                do u have the link for it?
                                I had to stop.
                                Baby you ain't worth it,
                                I won't Camouflage.

Comment

Not so sure this will be the single.
                                  Britney.com has a "Which track should be Britney's next single?" poll on the main page, and Toy Soldier is winning with 42% and Piece of Me has 29%.

Comment

piece of me has the best and right message for britneys situation at the moment!

would be perfect!!!!!!!!
                                    Life tastes better with music

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                                      Not so sure this will be the single.
                                      Britney.com has a "Which track should be Britney's next single?" poll on the main page, and Toy Soldier is winning with 42% and Piece of Me has 29%.
                                      Britney.com is not the Britney's official website, it's just a poll.
                                      "Break The Ice" is much better IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by DC34ever
                                        piece of me has the best and right message for britneys situation at the moment!

would be perfect!!!!!!!!
                                        Yeah but she didn't write it so that makes it pretty pointless in my book.

Comment

I don't like this song.
                                          Mariah Carey - Caution

Comment

This is becoming like a Beyonce B'Day thing! Are we creating topics for every possible track???? We should reopen this if it is confirmed by her label or OFFICIAL website!
                                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Piece Of Me #65 in US on Hot 100!
                                              I'd build a road in gold just to have some dreaming

Comment

Just had this email from her official mailing list:

The next Britney single will be...
                                                Hi Martin

PIECE OF ME!
                                                We know it’s one of your favourites and it’s already in the iTunes top 100 and now 'Piece of Me' has been confirmed as the second single from Britney’s fantastic new album ‘Blackout’. The release date has yet to be confirmed but the video will be shot in the coming weeks and we’ll let you know all about it very soon.
                                                'BLACKOUT' GOES TO NO.2
                                                The new album defied cynics by storming straight into no.2 this week in the album chart matching Britney’s previous highest chart position and cementing her place as the Princess of Pop. If you’ve not got your copy yet you’re missing out on one of the best pop albums of the year.

BUY CD / BUY DOWNLOAD

News Of The World - "This album screams comeback of the year" ****
                                                Observer - "It's fabulous" Album of the Week
                                                The Times - "Fine tunes"
                                                The Guardian - "Britney's new album is fantastic" ****
                                                Music Week - Album of the Week
                                                London Lite - *****
                                                Popjustice - The Britney album is really really incredible..the best album of her career
                                                Hooray
                                                So when I speak, listen

Comment

I really don't get all the fuss about this song. It is indeed a pleasant song and I really enjoy the beats, the pace and the way she talks during the song but I don't see this as a hit. The chorus is not a killer one and I think only the hardcore fans will enjoy this...I don't see many regular listeners enjoying this jam.

In this sense, I think Break the Ice should be 2nd single. It is probably the song where Britney's voice shows a better range and the song is very addictive and grows till the chorus.

Radar is also great, shame about the robotic voice, it gets very annoying after a while and it is totally dispensable.

Comment

I really don't get all the fuss about this song. It is indeed a pleasant song and I really enjoy the beats, the pace and the way she talks during the song but I don't see this as a hit. The chorus is not a killer one and I think only the hardcore fans will enjoy this...I don't see many regular listeners enjoying this jam.

In this sense, I think Break the Ice should be 2nd single. It is probably the song where Britney's voice shows a better range and the song is very addictive and grows till the chorus.

Radar is also great, shame about the robotic voice, it gets very annoying after a while and it is totally dispensable.
                                                    I think this is more likely to be a hit than Break The Ice, which kinda dies down past the 2 minute mark. The lyrics are extremely catchy, and it'll get alot of attention considering it's her basically her fighting back at all the people who've bad mouthed her. True, the beat may not be all that, but the song's all about the lyrics, and I think if this had a video with a similar theme to Pink's "Stupid Girls", (e.g. taking the piss with camp cheesiness) then this would be a hit.

Comment

I hope this song will be a hit ((which still a hope ) at least helps the album bad sales , but really can't see this song a HIT , maybe it can , who knows??

Comment

the bad album sales???????

people must be stupid!

Britney isnt the teen princess anymore! You cant compare the sales of Blackout to Ooops Idid it again! Time has change a lot!

the sales could be much worse!
                                                        Life tastes better with music

Comment

I really don't get all the fuss about this song. It is indeed a pleasant song and I really enjoy the beats, the pace and the way she talks during the song but I don't see this as a hit.
                                                          I think samey. Great song and definitely good album material. BUT there's plenty stuff before "Piece Of Me" to release.
                                                          YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Either this or "Break The Ice" are great choices IMO. I liked "Radar" at first but I've gone off it A LOT. There are many more single-worthy songs on there IMO. "Toy Soldier" NEEDS a release and I love "Hot As Ice" too.
                                                            "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

IMO, the song's really not radio-friendly.

She should release "Break The Ice" in Europe as 2nd single.
                                                              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X