• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [quote=joiPrince_JO]
    Originally posted by GetBack
    Originally posted by "joiPrince_JO":38cd84xa
    Everything about Blackout is overrated. :-?
    Fixed.
    What's your favorite album of Britney, joiPrince_JO?
    In The Zone. THE best pop album of the past decade.[/quote:38cd84xa]

True. In the Zone is her best work.
    She'll never do better than this.

Comment

• Her best song ever

Comment

• I never understood the love for this. There was much stronger material available.
        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• One of her most overrated singles, on one of her most overrated albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by snwbrder757
            One of her most overrated singles, on one of her most overrated albums.
            Sticks and stones will break your bones!!!
            I lied, too. - Helen Parsons, Damages

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinnec
              Originally posted by snwbrder757
              Sticks and stones will break your bones!!!
              LOL I've always found Blackout to be overrated. It's half filler.

In The Zone remains her best album, and remains unbothered.

Comment

• I can't believe this was her first video to win a VMA, considering she had a stronger video catalog. The video is just alright, there's an annoying glitch at the end before the song ends, I think the editing made it sound that way, that's why.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                  I can't believe this was her first video to win a VMA, considering she had a stronger video catalog. The video is just alright, there's an annoying glitch at the end before the song ends, I think the editing made it sound that way, that's why.
                  I guess her management *made* her win, because they clearly wanted her to be THE woman of the night. It was the beginning of her comeback so it's alright. And yes I agree she had MANY MANY MANY better videos than this. Although the dancing parts were actually really hot.
                  ? Girls' Generation ?
                  ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                    I can't believe this was her first video to win a VMA, considering she had a stronger video catalog. The video is just alright, there's an annoying glitch at the end before the song ends, I think the editing made it sound that way, that's why.
                    I guess her management *made* her win, because they clearly wanted her to be THE woman of the night. It was the beginning of her comeback so it's alright. And yes I agree she had MANY MANY MANY better videos than this. Although the dancing parts were actually really hot.
                    MTV made their biggest mistake of snubbing "Toxic" from winning any award four years prior, I think that's her most VMA-worthy video as well as "...Baby One More Time" and "I'm a Slave 4 U".

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                      Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                      MTV made their biggest mistake of snubbing "Toxic" from winning any award four years prior, I think that's her most VMA-worthy video as well as "...Baby One More Time" and "I'm a Slave 4 U".
                      I never understood why she never won anything at the VMAs....
                      ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

• Originally posted by snwbrder757
                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjamin
                          Originally posted by snwbrder757
                          I agree that Blackout is overrated in many ways, but the song is a banger. Or as Miley would say Bangerz.
                          ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

• Piece of Me is pure bliss. I don't understand how anyone could dislike it. The production is just so good. I can't even explain what I love about it, it just sounds so good. And the lyrics are are so sharp and the video is awesome. I remember hearing this all the time during her crazy days and it's just as epic now as it was then.

I will never get tired of this song, ever. It's one of her best songs and one of my favourite songs ever.
                            Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

Comment

• Originally posted by samra
                              Piece of Me is pure bliss. I don't understand how anyone could dislike it. The production is just so good. I can't even explain what I love about it, it just sounds so good. And the lyrics are are so sharp and the video is awesome. I remember hearing this all the time during her crazy days and it's just as epic now as it was then.

I will never get tired of this song, ever. It's one of her best songs and one of my favourite songs ever.
                              +1

The song and the music video represent her iconic phrase - It`s Britney B!tch!

Comment

• Originally posted by samra
                                Piece of Me is pure bliss. I don't understand how anyone could dislike it. The production is just so good. I can't even explain what I love about it, it just sounds so good. And the lyrics are are so sharp and the video is awesome. I remember hearing this all the time during her crazy days and it's just as epic now as it was then.

Love the song, love the video, just don't like her hair in it that much.
                                2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• One of her best singles IMO, I remember it sounded edgy, fresh and unique, it sounded like anything else when it was released in 2007 and thats what "Blackout" was all about. Still to this day "Piece of me" sounds like a true original pop song and represents many iconic things in her career and her "Blackout" days.
                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Evergreen.
                                    Superb song and a brilliant video. Love love love the dance part by the end. The hair transformation throughout the last part of the clip is so fun ;) love it!
                                    Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• One of her best ever songs, still sounds as fresh today as the day it was released. This will never get old.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLamb
                                        One of her best ever songs, still sounds as fresh today as the day it was released. This will never get old.
                                        Forever Young

Comment

• I still can't get over the glitch towards the end of the song in the music video, it suddenly skipped or something.

Comment

• This never gets old! Isn't?
                                            The lyrics are top notch and completely Britney'ish to the max!
                                            The video is right on the spot and the beat of the song is damn so fresh than anything that is on radio these days.
                                            One of my all time britbrit favorites.
                                            Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• She really has songs that pertains to her status and no one else's. I like that it has that cockiness and vulnerability at the same time.

Comment

• it's still a great song and finally I can listen to it again after always getting a shock when the phone starts cause I thought my mobile phone rings
                                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• "Piece of Me" was released 10 years ago today!

"Piece of Me" is a song recorded by American singer Britney Spears for her fifth studio album, Blackout (2007). It was released on November 27, 2007 by Jive Records as the second single from the album. The song was written and produced by Swedish producers Bloodshy & Avant and Klas Åhlund as a response to the media scrutiny and sensationalism of Spears' private life, which they had seen by working with her over the years. "Piece of Me" was the last song to be recorded for Blackout. The self-manifesto song's lyrics are written like a biography retelling her mishaps. "Piece of Me" is an electro song that runs through a down-tempo dance beat. Spears' voice is heavily synthesized, and constantly shifts in pitch. Backing vocals are provided by Bloodshy & Avant and Robyn.
                                                  [youtube:1peeutrx]u4FF6MpcsRw[/youtube:1peeutrx]

-Eligible for Multi-Platinum in the USA
                                                  -#1 in Ireland
                                                  -Top 5 in Australia, Canada, Denmark, New Zealand, Scotland, UK
                                                  -Top 10 in Austria, Europe, Finland, Germany, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden
                                                  -Top 20 in Czech Republic, Italy, Switzerland, USA
                                                  -100,000,000+ views on VEVO
                                                  -Certified in Australia, Canada, Denmark, New Zealand, Sweden, UK, USA
                                                  -3,700,000 copies sold worldwide

MTV VMA Video of the Year winner
                                                  MTV VMA Best Pop Video winner
                                                  MTV VMA Best Female Video winner

Alex Fletcher of Digital Spy gave "Piece of Me" four stars, calling it "a two fingered-salute to the media hounds and an electro-thudding cry of defiance, warning us that this popstrel is not for turning. [The opening line] poops from a great height on anything Lily Allen has ever penned and reveals that it's been Spears who's been laughing hardest during her year of zany media antics". Peter Robinson of The Observer and Margeaux Watson of Entertainment Weekly named "Piece of Me" one of the standout tracks of the album. Dennis Lim of Blender called it one of the best tracks of Blackout along with "Gimme More". Laura Herbert of BBC News said that the song is "without doubt the best track on the whole album. [...] It's a masterpiece." Kelefa Sanneh of The New York Times said "[Bloodshy & Avant] evoke the horror, the exhilaration and (finally) the boredom of [Spears'] overexamined life. It’s brilliant".

Tom Ewing of Pitchfork Media suggested that "the hypertreatment of the voice, the way it edges into the music, suggests that the price of fame is identity erasure. We understand her through a filter, and that's how we have to hear her too. The multiple backing vox fragment identity further, turn the song more universal". Melissa Maerz of Rolling Stone named it the best track of the album along with "Freakshow", deeming it as a "tabloid-bashing banger". The song was later included in Rolling Stone's 100 Best Songs of 2007 at number fifteen.
                                                  Happy 10th anniversary to the iconic media-bashing anthem! "Piece of Me" was a big hit for Britney in the UK, Australia and Ireland, where it remains her highest peaking solo single in the past 10 years (even beating "Womanizer" in those countries). Additionally, it made the Top 5 in Canada, Denmark and New Zealand, peaking at #5, #4 and #4, respectively.

It only peaked at #18 in the USA due to lack of radio support (#28 on Pop) but it was a big digital hit, spending multiple weeks in the digital Top 10 and selling nearly 2 million copies without streaming (more than Hold It Against Me, Gimme More, I Wanna Go, etc) and being eligible for a Multi-Platinum certification. The song was also a big hit in Germany, spending multiple weeks inside the Top 10 and ending up was the 59th biggest hit of 2008 there.

"Piece of Me" reached 100 million views on VEVO earlier this month, becoming Britney's 13th certified video.

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears - Piece Of Me

Bawk
                                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Nop
                                                      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Happy 10th anniversary to "Piece of me"! , one of Britney's most emblematic singles and one of my favorite ones from her
                                                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                                          Happy 10th anniversary to "Piece of me"! , one of Britney's most emblematic singles and one of my favorite ones from her

It’s nice but far over rated imo.
                                                          Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

One of the best songs from the second phase of her career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller
                                                              One of the best songs from the second phase of her career.
                                                              +1 (the best for me tbh)
                                                              ¡Eh, mamá!
                                                              Me quiero matar
                                                              El mundo se va a la mierda
                                                              Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Working...
                                                              X