Christina Aguilera - Bionic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christina Aguilera - Bionic

After the birth of her son, Aguilera is all set to work on a new disc....

http://news.sawf.org/Gossip/39120.aspx

Apart from her movie aspirations, the 26-year-old singer also talked about her next album.

She told reporters it will be "completely different" from double-album Back to Basics.

"We're going to keep it short and sweet," she said. (ANI)
    Many people think that "B2B" was too long.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/chr ... _to_basics

Polow Da Don will be on it!

Per MTV:

Polow Da Don either just finished or is about to go into the studio with T.I., Jeezy, Christina Aguilera, Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls, Will.I.Am, Kanye West and Tru Life, so right now you can't imagine anybody turning down his tracks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

CONFIRMED SONG TITLES

Monday Morning
    You Lost Me
    Listen Up!

ALBUM MIXERS

Oscar Ramirez
    Dan Carey
    Diplo

RUMORED COLLABORATORS

Trentemoller
    Matt Darey
    Alex Da Kid
    Hot Chip
    N.E.R.D.
    Lykke Li
    Zero 7

CONFIRMED COLLABORATORS

Goldfrapp

Linda Perry

Claude Kelly (songwriter)

Focus (1 song, 1 interlude)

Anjulie (songwriter)

Flo-Rida (rapper)

Dr. Luke, Detail (1 song)

VIDEO:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtpFO...eature=related

Sam Endicott (songwriter, 1 song)

John Hill (co-producer w/ Switch, 2 songs)

SIA TALKS ALBUM, POTENTIAL SINGLE
    Sia & Sam Dixon Produced 4 Songs

http://www.pridesource.com/article.shtml?article=36197

So the material that you wrote for her, is it happy or depressing?

It's a bit of both. It's kind of more ballad-y. There's one really beautiful kind of mid-tempo; I guess that's the one they're thinking might be a single. I have a couple of favorites, but my favorite is kind of like a lullaby. We wrote it for her son, and it's really beautiful. It's like classical music beautiful. And another one that's called "You Lost Me," which is very sad and awesome. It's my favorite thing to hear her sing since "Beautiful," just the way her voice is. It suits her voice so beautifully, and it's very simple in a way.
    TRICKY STEWART SPILLS TEA ON NEW ALBUM
    Confirms Flo-Rida, Reveals Album Is Done

http://www.rap-up.com/2009/10/01/chr...with-flo-rida/

"I really feel it's one of her best bodies of work that I've heard since Stripped. I think it's really, really amazing and I think it's well put together. She's mixing it up again. She's singing R&B again, she's doing pop. She's doing it all, but she's found a way to make it all meet in the middle because she's so many different things. She's making all her audiences happy at the same time. I put Flo Rida on my record because I love what he does. "The album is finished. She's mixing. She hasn't made a final decision about what the first single is, but I know everyone feels good about their options."
    Christina wants music that you haven't heard before. She did things that she's never necessarily heard on the radio. She doesn't want a record that sounds like anything else so you're trying to create an entirely new sound for an artist. The three tracks that I did, they're all uptempo tracks so we definitely kind of get the club moving but it's just a matter of her doing different styles and using her voice in different ways.
    MIA, SANTIGOLD CONFIRMED ON A.P.E. RADIO

AUDIO: http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/42842...oming-lp.jhtml

LADYTRON ON CHRISTINA'S NEW SOUND
    Ladytron Produced 4-5 Songs

http://honoluluweekly.com/entertainm...-style-reuben/

"It's pretty much the pinnacle of what we've done so far [working with Christina]. We've just been hard at work writing songs with her and producing the music. It sounds like Ladytron with Christina Aguilera on vocals. I think it'll be a really cool record."
    SWITCH CONFIRMS COLLABORATION
    Switch produced 2 songs, one will be a special collabo

http://www.zype.com/christina-aguile...upcoming-album

There's some real exciting projects on at the moment and it's great that people's tastes are changing and that mainstream artists are looking at doing something more creative or edgy that really ties in to what people like me are doing. It's cool to be asked to spend a week with artists like Christina Aguilera and for them to be really open and trust us.
    LE TIGRE TALK ABOUT NEW ALBUM

http://www.threeimaginarygirls.com/c...-interview-men

She [Christina] picked a lot of really awesome people to work on her record and she is an awesome person and a really hard worker and I really respect her music a lot. We've been working with her a little bit and it's been really awesome. She's really a talented artist and we think it makes sense for her to work with other women making interesting music and art. I think they're really good decisions that she's made with who to collaborate with on that record.
    Affiliates -

www.twitter.com/simoneharouche
    www.twitter.com/XtinaNews
    http://christinavip.com/
    www.twitter.com/siamusic
    www.twitter.com/ladytronmusic
    www.twitter.com/claudekelly
    www.twitter.com/trickystewart
    http://djpremierblog.blogspot.com/
    http://www.goldfrapp.com/blog/

MADE BY: MO-Xtina

I look forward to another Stripped album!
    Glad that the baby popped out. Now its time to let the creative juices flow!!!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I hope she goes back to the stripped sound and doesn't try another 'old' sounding album :-?

SOMETHING MODERN CHRISTINA PLEASE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by preyan
        I look forward to another Stripped album!
        Glad that the baby popped out. Now its time to let the creative juices flow!!!
        Me too - anther Stripped album would be amazing. Pure class that album was and still is to this day

Comment

That's exciting,looking forward to hear it,Oh please don't re-b2b style!!
          Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

I'm SO excited for this already And I really can't wait to find out which style she is going to use for this album.
            i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Stripped is by far her best album. I hope it returns to that style of music.

Comment

I used to have intrest in christina , but after Back to basics

Comment

Stripped is classic. Loved almost every song on the album, but she lost me with "Back To Basics". It's ironic that my favourite song on that album was "Still Dirty".
                  Beyonce / Destiny's Child Artists of the Decade.

115 Million Records Sold
                  13 US & UK #1 Singles
                  16 Grammy Awards

Comment

Hopefully its a return to form after Back to Basics.

Comment

Lookibng forward to this.

There are rumours of a futuristic rock theme.
                      Maybe this was said because she has done a John Lennon cover of "Mother", and done a duet with the Rolling Stones Live.

Also, it is confirmed by DJ Premier (this is true, but I can't find the source) that the duet that was planned with Aretha Franklin will appear on this album.

Also, Christina is set to appear on Timbaland's Shock Value II.

VERY VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      tell the others you've gone to sea...

Comment

i cannot wait 4 a new album !!

b2b is my favourite album i became a fan of this kind of music thanks to christina and it has produced the masterpiece and my personal all time favourite song, "Hurt"!

Comment

Can't wait for Xtina to come back with something fresh and modern after the brilliant Back To Basics and a change of style, hopefully she does something more Pop-R&B like Stripped again.
                          LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

Hopefully she'll go with something more in this era this time! Back To Basics was alright but Stripped was miles better. Cant wait to hear it anyway
                            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

i think it'll take a long long time for Christina to release an album, guys, she needs time for her kid, i think she'll spend this time for the creative process and thinking about what's next with her... STRIPPED was an amazing album, it had her biggest impact worldwide, B2B didn't have the same answer coz of the style and the "not convetional" today's pop sound, still it made well with critics, i think it's time for her to try something completely new, such as ROCK-POP... with her voice, everything might go right, i think it's time for her to take her career on a new direction once again, that's what makes her interesting to the public.. She's my favorite artist, but i really don't see her releasing an album this year, nor 2009, i think that'll be until 2010... she needs time with her kid... :-?

Comment

It's unfair when people put down B2B as if it was the 'American Life' of Christina's career. It was decent album - but just like you guys, I do hope she goes back to a more modern album.

I DO NOT want another concept album, I just wish she'd do a nice mix of pop, rock and r'n'b gems like stripped.

Plus, I want this to be the return of Christina's voice, as we can all agree, she has been miming WAY to much in the B2B era!

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
                                  It's unfair when people put down B2B as if it was the 'American Life' of Christina's career. It was decent album - but just like you guys, I do hope she goes back to a more modern album.

I DO NOT want another concept album, I just wish she'd do a nice mix of pop, rock and r'n'b gems like stripped.

Plus, I want this to be the return of Christina's voice, as we can all agree, she has been miming WAY to much in the B2B era!
                                  I think if people called B2B the American Life of her career- that's a compliment. American Life was a great album- albeit it sold practically nothing, but still.

Miming way too much? She lipsynched on shows that people NORMALLY lip on. The other two times she was sick.

Comment

Verrrrry excited about new material from Christina!

Her timing has actually been very good. I remember thinking we'd have to wait ages for anything new after B2B because she'd said she wanted to have a baby after the album, but it feels like the wait won't be all that long now. If she takes the best part of this year off to spend time with her family and come up with ideas and then aims for a new album early next year that would be brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrder757

I think if people called B2B the American Life of her career- that's a compliment. American Life was a great album- albeit it sold practically nothing, but still.
                                      I also like very much American Life. It was so underrated. But it has nothing to do with Back To Basics. It may not have sold like "Stripped" but still made Christina even more famous worldwide and everyone appreciated her as an artist after her raunchy image in "Stripped" era.

Plus, B2B has produced two hit singles (in different regions though); "Hurt" in Europe & "Candyman" in Oceania(& Canada).

But it's not right IMO to compare these albums since they are completely different.

Comment

Back To Basics is alright, but it's so tedious and boring, plus her voice really grates on me on the album with all her vocal acrobatics.

Stripped however is amazing.
                                        Sweet Suzie Q, She Was A Rebel.

Comment

Cannot wait.

Comment

a concept album is ok with me!! ;)
                                            as long as it is different from what she's been doing...

Comment

Cant wait for this, I wouldnt mind another concept album too.
                                              They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

Originally posted by volver
                                                Cant wait for this, I wouldnt mind another concept album too.
                                                Personally, I think what stuffed the last album promo was her appearance in Diddy's song "Tell Me". It kinda threw her market off track as to "What the hell is this if she did a 20's album?" :-?

I liked her concept album as it opens me up to other genres and artists!

But for now, I want an adult contemporary album or R&B!
                                                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by preyan

I liked her concept album as it opens me up to other genres and artists!

But for now, I want an adult contemporary album or R&B!
                                                  I agree

Comment

Working...
                                                  X