• Show
Clear All

• 9 years of this masterpiece!

• #3 in the US
    • #1 in 4 countries
    • Top 10 in 18 more countries
    • certified gold in the US
    • 1.4 million copies sold worldwide

Why is this in the 2000s section by the way?
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue June 4, 2019, 15:56.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Truly a masterpiece.
      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• This was the first thread I posted in nine years ago!

Comment

• Glam as the first single. A CONCEPT tbh.

Comment

• Best Christina album ever!
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• This made me fall out of love with Xtina and this still sounds as bad as it did in 2010. I need to re-listen to this album before
              Spoiler!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                This made me fall out of love with Xtina and this still sounds as bad as it did in 2010. I need to re-listen to this album before
                Spoiler!
                I think it’s illegal to hate this album
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• this album needed to be a bit more polished because the production was forever a bit messy but ambitious
                  Forever Young

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Birds of Prey deserved a visual

Comment

• She found her sound with this album tbh. This is what she should've kept on doing despite it flopping.

Comment

• #justiceForBionic
                          I have received many gifts from God,
                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Another great video from this channel. I think they could make a million videos on this era since there was so much that RCA messed up. Releasing "You Lost Me" as a single in the summer was...a choice.

Comment

• I don't think the season she released 'You Lost Me' in was the problem. It just felt the wrong choice for a ballad at that time. She was already going through her seperation/divorce so I guess it was fitting for her to release YLM, but I feel Lift Me Up could have worked much better as ballad option. Her performance during that event for Haiti had a lot of buzz.
                              There is just a bit too much of a disconnect between everything on this album era. Like you have these sexual songs, these selfreflecting and emotional songs, some more experimental songs, while the imagery of the era has a more sexual S&M feel.

Stripped fitted nicely together since everything was focused on empowerment and vulnerability and during Back To Basics it was like she was playing a character with a very cohesive sound a vintage imagery. But with Bionic, beside all the drama personally, with the media etc., it always would have been hard to create a consistent era, since the themes, the feel etc. are not that connected as before.

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• It truly deserves it the most from all the albums.

Her best album, fight me.

Comment

• Oh, this was such a mess.

Comment

• There's another JusticeforBionic campaign this coming June 8th, because of the 10th anniversary of the album. She actually wants fans to ask her questions about the album. Hope she gives us some tea.

This album's true nature it's such a mistery, we don't know what really happened or if she wanted another album/concept (everything points out to that)... there's so many unreleased tracks for this album: Night Desires, Listen Up, Kimono Girl, Hunger... like we've got many leaked title songs, something that usually doesn't happen with her, since her material it's pretty much locked up somewhere, nothing leaked during Lotus or Liberation, we don't know more tracks apart from the ones that actually made the cut, same happened with Stripped and Back to Basics. All we knew was in the album though we know she recorded way more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                        Oh, this was such a mess.
                                        Any specific songs?
                                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Very often, I feel urge to listen to this.
                                          Some gems in here, but some very, very bad songs with terrrrrrible lyrics.
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The single choices for this were dreadful. I like them both but there were at least 6 songs that were better options.

Comment

• Woohoo deserved a real single treatment. She was so ahead of her time having Nicki on that song!

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

Comment

• The album cover and album shoot were phenomenal! This could’ve been her most exciting and visually stunning era ever.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X