Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB200:

80 MCCARTNEY*JESSE DEPARTURE 8,961 341 2,032 194,577

ha...well...Recharged did help with a giant sales boost...but still not even enough to reach 200k total

many thanks to Touch That Chick!
    last.fm

Comment

damn! those sales were horrible !

Comment

I know we're in a recession and album sales aren't what they used to be, but those sales are pretty shocking from a reasonably well-established artist. Some artists have sold double that with hardly half the single success that Jesse has had this era.

I still think this album is fantastic though.

Crash and Burn is by far my favourite new song from the re-release!

Comment

well, i just visited his fansite to check some pics on the booklet to become my avatar - and i just found that they were all amazing photoshoot..here are some:

damn! i haven't found the CD in any of music stores here!

Comment

^^
            a lotta great shots in there I'm guessing that booklet came with Recharged, though? 'cause here in the 'States the original Departure didn't have a booklet AT ALL

BB200:

119 MCCARTNEY*JESSE DEPARTURE 4,438 -50 8,961 199,015

and YAY for only a week away from 200k

last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix98
              ^^
              a lotta great shots in there I'm guessing that booklet came with Recharged, though? 'cause here in the 'States the original Departure didn't have a booklet AT ALL
              seriously?
              those are not from the Recharged..Maybe the original version from another country!
              the edition that was sold in my country has a soft cover (or whatever you call it) covered the CD - and it was different with the US one..

but i haven't bought it yet - since i'm looking for the Recharged one

Comment

oh yeah and i can't understand why has the label never send all of the Departure singles into Urban radio?

Come On! It's Over should've been huge..

Comment

Originally posted by abi
                  Originally posted by phoenix98
                  ^^
                  seriously?
                  those are not from the Recharged..Maybe the original version from another country!
                  the edition that was sold in my country has a soft cover (or whatever you call it) covered the CD - and it was different with the US one..

but i haven't bought it yet - since i'm looking for the Recharged one
                  same here! I think it's called "Digipack"? Where it just folds open, not the usual plastic case?

yeah, not a fan of this format, but I think it's more enviro-friendly (the US one has the recycling symbol on the back)
                  last.fm

Comment

^oh yes something like that..But mine with the different cover, the similar awful cover with the US "Leavin" CD single..

The packaging for the album was made with 100% recycled material, using vegetable based inks. The CD was released using CDVU+ technology. Some of the countries like the UK and Brazil were excluded from the recycled packaging and CDVU+ Software on the release.

Comment

BB200:

150 MCCARTNEY*JESSE DEPARTURE 3,360 -24 4,438 202,375

*14*-38-89-119-128-144-141-134-144-166-157-161-144-154-159-155-196-OUT-194-OUT-178-OUT-198-OUT-80-119-150

after 23 weeks on the BB200 (including several re-entries), Departure finally reaches 200k total

last.fm

Comment

Jesse McCartney Performs "How Do You Sleep" at Mandela Day 2009 from Radio City Music
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P72Q-9rDcIE

Jesse McCartney performs "Body Language" at Mandela Day 2009 from Radio City Music Hall
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpF_jLbYzi8

Comment

New unreleased track leaked called `Unrehearsed` and itīs produced by Ryan Tedder.

Itīs the most different song production-wise from Ryan Tedder, I actually donīt believe itīs produced by him, Anyway REALLY good production and song! His vocal delivery doesnīt suit the song though, someone like Usher or Justin Bieber wouldīve killed it!

Comment

...and guess what

Leavin is #10 Top Pop Song of The Decade (Billboard) - above Irreplaceable, Umbrella, Forever, Just Dance, Poker Face, Bleeding Love, Crazy In Love, No Air, Disturbia & friends

Comment

Hahaha

This Album is so underrated :(
                              Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru
                                Hahaha

This Album is so underrated :(
                                I agree!! This one of the best albums i heard in a long time!! Every song could have been a single but promoted so horrible, he's voice is so unbelievable too! He can sing his ass of.

Comment

Did we ever get a proper video for Body Language?
                                  Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

^no

Comment

No proper video for BL. I still don't understand how this album only sold around 200,000 copies in the USA, with all the hits he has had off the album.

Comment

I'm listening to the album again right now, and I must say it's such a brilliant R&B record, dare I say it's even better than my favorite album from Chris Brown (Exclusive). Why it flopped so baaad?

Comment

^^ This album is definitely underrated. It deserved to do much better. It's a great Pop/RnB record! :(
                                          "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

[youtube:2oh4btiu]L2t_3TOBDk4[/youtube:2oh4btiu]

The #1 hit that got away.

Comment

Originally posted by abi
                                              [youtube:2zv66ok9]L2t_3TOBDk4[/youtube:2zv66ok9]

The #1 hit that got away.
                                              Impeccable. This was my favourite of the new songs on the reissue and one of my favourites from this incredible album altogether. Jesse should have became huge with this record and era. Such a damn shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshie
                                                Impeccable. This was my favourite of the new songs on the reissue and one of my favourites from this incredible album altogether. Jesse should have became huge with this record and era. Such a damn shame.
                                                I mean, urghh. This sound was so "it" during 2008 with hits like "Forever" & "Closer" yet they decided to release "Leavin 2.0" with "Body Language".

Comment

Moved to retro.

I used to like some of his music. Right Where You Want me remains a tune.

Comment

This album was just the issh. I remember when [MENTION=17768]abi[/MENTION] and i used to stan for this so hard
                                                    Forever Young

Comment

Urgh I still stan.

"Leavin"
                                                      "It's Over"
                                                      "Told You So"
                                                      "Oxygen"
                                                      "Body Language"
                                                      "Crash & Burn"
                                                      "In My Veins"

Whew. "Crash & Burn" could've been a HIT!

Comment

Crash and burn in sooooo good.

It's over is so underrated
                                                        Forever Young

Comment

Working...
                                                        X