Mariah Carey - Bye Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by musiclover2174 View Post
    Good song, terrible video. I mean who sings about losing their loved ones in a bikini.
    I think you've mistaken Bye Bye's video for IBLYLT.

The outfit here looks just fine to me.
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
      I think you've mistaken Bye Bye's video for IBLYLT.

The outfit here looks just fine to me.
      She wears a bikini at some point on the video as well. Doing a photoshoot. But didn't disturb me, cause I thought, she 's doing her job( the photoshoot) a joyous moment, but still is saddened by the lost of her loved ones
      Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
        I think all of the singles after "Touch My Body" was bound to suffer the same fate. She was way too focused on her image here, also, her other songs were too weak to compete against the rise of Katy and Gaga. "Migrate" would have been Top 20 at best.
        Girl bye

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
          This song isn't bad. Looking back at "Touch My Body", it was a monumental single for her (being her 18th #1) but no one even remembers it anymore. With whatever she was going to come out with as the first single, it would have went to #1. She had so much hype and she had a younger generation of fans after The Emancipation of Mimi. However, people eventually got tired of her self-absorbed image (morsel diet, pink yet lavender motif, fake tan, photoshopped pics) and completely moved on to younger and more interesting pop stars. The era would have been more exciting if she invested so much passion in her performances more than her looks.
          What photoshopped pics hun? She was as thin as she was at her debut so she wasn’t photoshopping anything.

Comment

• E=MC˛ suffered from its singles more than anything else. She even performed Migrate on SNL and it would have been the sane single choice... instead she chose Bye Bye to repeat the TEOM formula of a beat ballad as single #2 and it backfired. Not because the song is any bad - I love it - but the performances were weak and lipsynched...(at least in parts) and because the music video had 0 replay value.

After BB became a single and wasn't received so well, she went on her honeymoon for 2 months while the album was fighting for its dear life on the charts.

E=MC˛ had one of the best roll-outs out of any of her albums... but the time of her being a relevant pop-girl was running out very quickly. It saddens me that the initial debut week of E=MC˛ was the last time Mariah would promote a new album in Europe. She's never returned to the continent ever since.
            My Chart

Comment

• ^ She did a big promo tour in Europe for Memoirs.

Comment

• The subtle reference to WBT tho.
                Originally posted by beredy
                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• in hindsight this is a kayute song... would have liked it more if it wasnt a single that stopped the momentum of this era
                  Forever Young

Comment

• She really killed such a vibrant, modern and jovial era with the release of Bye Bye.
                    You ain't gotta break down,
                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• This was supposed to be the ghetto OSD.

This is for my peoples who lost they grandmothas
                      Originally posted by beredy
                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                        This was supposed to be the ghetto OSD.

This is for my peoples who lost they grandmothas

She knew OSD wasn't totally doing it so she improved on it with this gem.

Same thing as Einstein is an upgrade to TEOM
                        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                        See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

Working...
                        X