Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey - The Ballads

Sony to Release New Mariah "Ballads" Album

The Sony BMG 4th Quarter Releases page in this week's issue of UK's music magazine, Music Week, lists a new compilation album of Mariah's best love songs called, The Ballads, as scheduled for release on October 20, 2008.

Mariah Carey
    The Ballads (Sony BMG)
    Released October 20

Mariah Carey rocketed to stardom with her debut album in 1990. Achieving eight top 10 album through the course of the decade she became the Nineties' most successful female performer. This incredible success has continued throughout the 21st century and her stunning five-octave voice and songwriting talent have now delivered over 40 UK hits. Perhaps best loved for her powerful, emotional long songs, Sony BMG is collecting together all the best ballads for a brand new compilation called Mariah Carey - The Ballads. This single-disc collection is released on October 20 and will be supported with a major media advertising campaign that will see the album selling significant volumes right up to Christmas.

The album is now available for pre-order at HMV UK for £8.99. Tracklisting is currently not available.

Two compilations one by one....

Re: Mariah Carey - The Ballads

Originally posted by freeme
    with a major media advertising campaign that will see the album selling significant volumes right up to Christmas.
    Says who?

We've already had 2 GH's in the last 10 years!
    1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

Is this official???

Comment

It's official and this is the cover reported by play.com

...and "Love Songs" will be out on 20/01/2008. So soon!

Comment

Sorry, for the questions hehe

So, she's releasing a BEST BALLADS COMPILATION in October, and what is she releasing on 20/01/2008???
          That is January 20th??? :(

I don't get it, so therefore she won't Re-release E=mc2??
          and is this gettin' promotion with a new single or new songs???

You said two albums?

Comment

Yes....

"The ballads" will be out on 20 October 2008, in UK maybe in Europe while
            "Love Songs" will be out on 20 January 2009 first in USA.
            Two compilations and there is no new single to promote them coz Mariah is no longer to Sony.

Comment

What a waste of time!!! No new material!!! Just like that Whitney "Greatest Hits" from earlier this year (or late last year). That did surprisingly well on the UK album charts though?!
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Well it could do very well in the Christmas market, so it will keep Mariah's bank balance topped up with royalties even if E=MC2 didn't

Comment

Originally posted by preyan
                  What a waste of time!!! No new material!!! Just like that Whitney "Greatest Hits" from earlier this year (or late last year). That did surprisingly well on the UK album charts though?!
                  Mariah wont record new material to go on an album (see: cash-in) for a label she is no longer on and which the old head of once tried to ruin her career! lol

Comment

Originally posted by naughtynae
                    Mariah wont record new material to go on an album (see: cash-in) for a label she is no longer on and which the old head of once tried to ruin her career! lol
                    Sorry hun! Meant to say "No unreleased material!" She has plenty of b-sides and unreleased material from Columbia days!
                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

This is the tracklist reported by play.com

#
                      # Vision Of Love
                      # Without You
                      # Always Be My Baby
                      # My All
                      # How Much
                      # Dreamlover
                      # Thank God I Found You (Nas and Joe) - Make It last Remix
                      # The Roof
                      # One Sweet Day
                      # Anytime You Need
                      # I'll Be There
                      # I Still Believe
                      # Reflections
                      # Open Arms
                      # Against All Odds
                      # Endless Love
                      # All I Want For Christmas (Bonus Track)

I hope it's not the final one.

Comment

Interesting they got the rights from Virgin to include Reflections, but why not put on Never Too Far or Lead The Way if they wanted something from Glitter? They're much better.

It's also missing Love Takes Time and Can't Let Go, two of her best ballads! And Hero Oh well I ain't buying it so I don't need to moan

Putting All I Want For Christmas on it could be a great ida sales wise though

Comment

Not even "We Belong Together" to differ from the last GH.
                          1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

We don'tknow yet if it's official or not..

Comment

WBT can't be on it.

Comment

maybe sony will buy rights for WBT for the love songs compilation

Comment

Originally posted by freeme
                                  We don'tknow yet if it's official or not..
                                  It's official. It's on Sony, it's out in UK on 20 Oct. Tracklisting hasnt been confirmed yet, but I doubt they will bother licensing anything from IDJ. Or rather, IDJ won't be letting them...
                                  Mummy, mummy, it's the Gods!

Comment

Very nice..

Comment

I have a feeling this should do reasonably well...

Comment

i love the cover .. i think if it really gets so much tv advertising as they are claiming in the UK it could easily sell 600-700.000 copies there (so did GH).... maybe it will get released in total europe..also..
                                        My Chart

Comment

Wait, so she's releasing a "Ballads" compilation, and a "Love Songs" compilation in the space of four months? Right... :-?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
                                            Wait, so she's releasing a "Ballads" compilation, and a "Love Songs" compilation in the space of four months? Right... :-?
                                            They're probably just the same album but with different names. Ballads in UK, Love Songs for US. No idea why.

In US IDJ plan to give EMC2 a last push for Xmas, in Europe EMC2 is a dead duck so there's no risk of product confusion, so they're going for an easy stocking filler. I actually think in UK at least it will do well, esp if All I Want For Xmas is on it.
                                            Mummy, mummy, it's the Gods!

Comment

Gorgeous album cover!

Hope this does well.

Comment

I will be getting this by the way.

This could do very well, especially with "AIWCIY" on. Last Christmas, it re-entered the UK Top 10. It's a very popular holiday song.

Comment

Originally posted by naughtynae
                                                  Sorry hun! Meant to say "No unreleased material!" She has plenty of b-sides and unreleased material from Columbia days!
                                                  Yeah, I was hoping for some old unreleased material too!!!!!
                                                  My Last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                  X