Beyoncé - Halo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beyoncé - Halo

The only person trying to make Halo happen has always been Beyoncé in fairness.
    M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
      I don't get you guys, a load of bs as per

When it comes to ballads, there's nothing bigger than "Halo", it's one of the first songs people mention when they're talking about Beyoncé, and its success in the streaming era is remarkable. Sure, it's not among the favourites of Beyoncé's usual demographic, but it's huge and it has always been huge.

Originally posted by Guru
      Originally posted by TheRealest
      Nobody uses this anymore... this isn’t her signature song. Don’t @ me.
      Agreed. Not even radio plays this.
      Radio is dead.
      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo
        Originally posted by menime123
        I don't get you guys, a load of bs as per

When it comes to ballads, there's nothing bigger than "Halo", it's one of the first songs people mention when they're talking about Beyoncé, and its success in the streaming era is remarkable. Sure, it's not among the favourites of Beyoncé's usual demographic, but it's huge and it has always been huge.
        I don’t have those conversations

Originally posted by Hugo

Radio is dead.
        Tidal-only streaming killed the video star.
        M08T10

Comment

• It's the first song white celebfans mention, Halo and SL.
          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo
            It's the first song white celebfans mention, Halo and SL.

I don’t know her

In fairness, I love Halo.
            M08T10

Comment

• Literally in the same page is evidence that it is still streamed 605k times on YouTube per day which places it in the top 5. It is also the 6th most streamed song of the 00's on Spotify with being the only female song in the Top 20. It is actually the most streamed song by a female released before 2010.
              This alone proofs that your subjective perception doesn't mean anything.
              MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
                No, that would be "Run The World". "Halo" was a huge hit from the beginning.
                Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• Originally posted by hellohello
                  I stan for RTW. Some of my fav Bey lyrics.
                  M08T10

Comment

Her best.

Comment

Halo had evergreen status the moment it was released. The song is used in talent shows, will be a song on funerals for decades to come and has been one of her closing songs for a big part of her career.

Comment

It’s her #1 song on Spotify right now.
                        [#1 REVEALED!] 2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

My Song Charts

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesper
                          Halo had evergreen status the moment it was released. The song is used in talent shows, will be a song on funerals for decades to come and has been one of her closing songs for a big part of her career.
                          Not with the dated production. Right now it's still fine, but it will age significantly.
                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy
                            Literally in the same page is evidence that it is still streamed 605k times on YouTube per day which places it in the top 5. It is also the 6th most streamed song of the 00's on Spotify with being the only female song in the Top 20. It is actually the most streamed song by a female released before 2010.
                            This alone proofs that your subjective perception doesn't mean anything.
                            Girl hush

Comment

• Y'all "Halo" haters get out please.

Comment

• Originally posted by hellohello
                                Both happened. Signature hits from left and right. Keep it up.
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• She needs to bring this back on tour
                                  Forever Young

Comment

• This just passed 700 million plays on Spotify. Incredible for any track, let alone a song from an album released in 2008.

Who would've thought that despite only hitting #1 in a few territories, this would end up being the biggest recurrent single from 2009.
                                    late.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                      It's a great song but it's not too original sounding. She obviously wanted to get the spotlight by taking notes from Leona Lewis' "Bleeding Love" domination in 2008 by getting Ryan Tedder the same way how she wanted to get her own "Big Girls Don't Cry" Fergie moment by getting Toby Gad to give her BC Jean's "If I Were a Boy".

The great thing is that it did cement her legacy, and both songs (apart from "Single Ladies") are still her most remembered hits globally.

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                                        Who would've thought that despite only hitting #1 in a few territories, this would end up being the biggest recurrent single from 2009.
                                        I remember cause I was following the charts back in the day, this song really could've hit number one in some territories if it wasn't for the very tight competition. I just remember everybody was rooting for this to hit #1 in Australia, NZ, UK and Ireland but it didn't happen.

As for the US, I think the situation was quite different back then. Rhythmic and especially Urban, were reluctant to play this song because it's too Pop for them. It didn't get many love from Adult Contemporary & UAC either - hence why the song didn't really reach its full potential with its airplay which is crazy considering a few years later, Drake's straight up Pop song "Hold On We're Going Home" reached number one on R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay FOR 14 WEEKS, while Sam Smith's house track "Latch" and Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" reached the top 10...

Comment

• Is this her signature song now?
                                          Life tastes better with music
                                          Instagram: DC34ever

Comment

• The hood still doesn’t use this, this is the granola anthem suburban grannies know her for, akin to Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart
                                            Originally posted by Kaloki
                                            I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by DC34ever View Post
                                              Is this her signature song now?
                                              Hmmm not sure about "signature" but definitely one of her most memorable songs. I think when people think of Beyonce's signature songs, generally people would still think of uptempo numbers with choreography. However, I do argue that "Listen" might be one of her signature songs in many Asian countries due to its popularity.

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• 966m views and counting
                                                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                                  X